MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have an interview scheduled for AOS does it tell you the date on the USCIS website or do you just get a notice through the mail?

I believe that usually the website shows the date, however I got my interview letter dated May 6, but the online status never updated. There is obviously something going on with the online system.

Well I'm now at day 97 with no EAD/AP card. Both were approved on April 27 but they had issues making my card. Called last Tuesday and was told "10 days tops" to receive the card...now on day 6 of that.

My AP notice says it was approved on April 28 and I also didn't receive anything. Seems something went wrong around that time.

AOS

Spoiler

Feb. 4 2016: Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

Feb. 8 2016: AOS received by Chicago lockbox
Feb. 15 2016: NOA1 email

Feb. 26 2016: NOA1 hard copies

Feb. 29 2016: Biometrics letter

Mar. 7 2016: Biometrics done

Mar. 15 2016: RFIE for I-485 email

Mar. 29 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 8 2016: Second RFIE

Apr. 20 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 28 2016: AP approved

May 6 2016: Interview notice

May 23 2016: AP hard copy

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

June 14 2016: Online status changed to My Case Was Approved

June 17 2016: Online status changed to My Card Was Mailed To Me

June 18 2016: Green card received

ROC

Spoiler

Mar. 19, 2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 20, 2018: I-751 delivered to CSC

Mar. 26 2018: NOA date

Mar. 30, 2018: Received NOA

May 11, 2018: Reuse of biometrics notice date

April 23, 2019: Case approved

April 30, 2019: Card received

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Oct. 3, 2020: NOA received by mail

Apr. 17, 2021: biometrics re-use letter 

May 3, 2021: interview scheduled for June 4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello group!

Happy to share the wait is over! :dance:

I just receive the approval for my green card 10min ago! It says it was approved May 19, I guess it takes a couple of days to update mycase status.

Good luck everyone!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Well I'm now at day 97 with no EAD/AP card. Both were approved on April 27 but they had issues making my card. Called last Tuesday and was told "10 days tops" to receive the card...now on day 6 of that.

Same here, haven't really counted the days but EAD was approved on April 26th and I still don't have the card. Called tier 2 on Friday May 13th, rep filed a service request and said I should hear something by May 28th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello group!

I just receive the approval for my green card 10min ago! It says it was approved May 19, I guess it takes a couple of days to update mycase status.

Good luck everyone!!

Congrats!

Hello group!

Good luck everyone!!

Congrats !! Hopefully mine comes next since we used to be timeline buddies :)!!

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Timeline

Hello group!

Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations!!!

AOS

Spoiler

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

ROC

Spoiler

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my interview experience right after that but I was so upset after interview that I couldn't even turn on my PC...But now this is time to share it...

We went to interview in Omaha office on May 19th. The officer took us to her room and asked us to swear that we will tell the truth. She looked very serious and tough. She asked for our IDs and we handed her our driving licences. ( I and my husband haven't changed our address since we moved in together on Nov 2015). She asked why the addresses are not updated and we explained that we were really busy the whole time. She said but you know that you have to update it.

Then the interview started with these questions:

1- When and where did you meet?

2- Why did you guys marry very fast? what was the rush? ( We met on beginning of Oct and got married on late Jan. we said we were both in our 30s and ready for marriage and we had a lot in common).

3- Where did you get married?

4- (to me:) What is your husband's job?

5- (to me:) When does he go to work?

6- What is your job?

7- Who pays the bills? (my husband does, because I am unemployed right now)

8- (to me:) What is the biggest bill in your house?

9- (to me:) Does your husband have any loan?

10- (to me:) Who pays your phone bill? (myself)

11- how can you pay that once you are unemployed? (I said I still have money in my saving account, because I had a job before. Also my husband gives me cash from time to time)

12- (to my husband:) What is her phone career? (my husband was not very sure but he answered right)

13- (to my husband:) How much is her phone bill? (my husband's guess was $10-15 more than what it really is)

14- (to me:) what is his phone career?

15- Give me supporting documents. (We had health insurance that he got for me, my car insurance with both of our names on it, costco card, and lots of pictures).

16- You don't have any credit/ debit card together? (we didn't). How about car registration together? (we didn't and we explained why.) Do you use same car insurance provider ? (we didn't because we both receive good discount from the company we have had insurance with for years, so we didn't wanna change). She looked at pictures briefly and didn't ask anything about them.

17- have you ever had any trip together? ( we had one trip together where we stayed in hotel and many trips to my in law's.)

18- (to my husband:) have you ever met her family? (yes. over phone and facebook).

She didn't look \satisfied at the end so we felt really bad. She gave us a paper which explained about two years conditional permanent residency and asked us to sign it and gave us a copy and said have a good day. My husband asked: what is the next step? She said I will review your file to see if everything is complete. If I need more documents, I will send REF.

I and my husband were really upset after interview. We felt that it was not good enough, otherwise she would have approved us on spot. Also the way that she was questioning us made us feel that she cannot believe that it is a real marriage. :(

I was checking my status every half an hour for 4 days, reading over and over about other interview experiences.... today when I checked the mailbox I saw that I received an approval letter.... While my status was not updated yet.... :goofy:

Good luck to everyone who has interview. If you marriage is real, there is NOTHING to be panic about. You may get a nice and friendly officer, but be ready for a though one too. Not all officers are nice and friendly. Good luck to all of you . :)

Filed I-485, I-1130, I-765: 2016-02-10

NOA text: 2016-02-16

Hardcopy of NOA in mail : 2016-02-20

Notice for Bio. in mail in mail: 2016-02-27

Bio. Appt. :2016-03-07

online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 2016-03-23

online status changed to "Interview is scheduled for May 19th: 2016-04-22

EAD Approved Date: 2016-05-04 (after 84 days)

​EAD Card: hasn't arrived yet

Interview Date : 2016-05-19

Approval notice in mail : 2016-05-23

Got Green card in the mail: 2016-05-26 :idea: :goofy:

Got EAD in the mail: 2016-06-10 (apparently useless, lol )

I just Check my GC status online and say on May 18 we APPROVED your FORM I 485! NO INTERVIEW !!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my interview experience right after that but I was so upset after interview that I couldn't even turn on my PC...But now this is time to share it...

We went to interview in Omaha office on May 19th. The officer took us to her room and asked us to swear that we will tell the truth. She looked very serious and tough. She asked for our IDs and we handed her our driving licences. ( I and my husband haven't changed our address since we moved in together on Nov 2015). She asked why the addresses are not updated and we explained that we were really busy the whole time. She said but you know that you have to update it.

2- Why did you guys marry very fast? what was the rush? ( We met on beginning of Oct and got married on late Jan. we said we were both in our 30s and ready for marriage and we had a lot in common).

6- What is your job?

11- how can you pay that once you are unemployed? (I said I still have money in my saving account, because I had a job before. Also my husband gives me cash from time to time)

12- (to my husband:) What is her phone career? (my husband was not very sure but he answered right)

13- (to my husband:) How much is her phone bill? (my husband's guess was $10-15 more than what it really is)

15- Give me supporting documents. (We had health insurance that he got for me, my car insurance with both of our names on it, costco card, and lots of pictures).

16- You don't have any credit/ debit card together? (we didn't). How about car registration together? (we didn't and we explained why.) Do you use same car insurance provider ? (we didn't because we both receive good discount from the company we have had insurance with for years, so we didn't wanna change). She looked at pictures briefly and didn't ask anything about them.

17- have you ever had any trip together? ( we had one trip together where we stayed in hotel and many trips to my in law's.)

18- (to my husband:) have you ever met her family? (yes. over phone and facebook).

She didn't look \satisfied at the end so we felt really bad. She gave us a paper which explained about two years conditional permanent residency and asked us to sign it and gave us a copy and said have a good day. My husband asked: what is the next step? She said I will review your file to see if everything is complete. If I need more documents, I will send REF.

I and my husband were really upset after interview. We felt that it was not good enough, otherwise she would have approved us on spot. Also the way that she was questioning us made us feel that she cannot believe that it is a real marriage. :(

I was checking my status every half an hour for 4 days, reading over and over about other interview experiences.... today when I checked the mailbox I saw that I received an approval letter.... While my status was not updated yet.... :goofy:

Good luck to everyone who has interview. If you marriage is real, there is NOTHING to be panic about. You may get a nice and friendly officer, but be ready for a though one too. Not all officers are nice and friendly. Good luck to all of you . :)

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experiences.

No matter where you go and what you do, you meet nice people and less nice people. You got your green card and that's all it matters for this process. Now go have a big dinner with your hubby.

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you think USCIS website suck? My friend got her interview letter in hand but the status on website never changed. My status for EAD saids: card is being produced from 28 April and i haven't received my combo card yet. Called the tier 2, the guy said that, i have to wait 60 days since announcement on website???? is this true? how to be patient with this paperworks, so stressful .....Anyone is same boat with me?

Timeline

Hi everyone!

6- What is your job?

Thanks for sharing and I'm happy it ended up being approved. Those were some tough questions.

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

Naturalization

Thanks for sharing and I'm happy it ended up being approved. Those were some tough questions.

Thank you! Hope yours goes smoother than mine :)

No matter where you go and what you do, you meet nice people and less nice people. You got your green card and that's all it matters for this process. Now go have a big dinner with your hubby.

thank you! :)

thank you! :)

online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 2016-03-23

Timeline

I just Check my GC status online and say on May 18 we APPROVED your FORM I 485! NO INTERVIEW !!

Congratulations!!!

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

Naturalization

I believe that usually the website shows the date, however I got my interview letter dated May 6, but the online status never updated. There is obviously something going on with the online system.

My AP notice says it was approved on April 28 and I also didn't receive anything. Seems something went wrong around that time.

same thing happened to me. I applied on Feb 10th, got approved on May 4th and haven't received my card yet. I called them and they said wait until June 4th!! they have had a problem that time in card production. I just lost one summer job opportunity because of that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.