MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well MASH I just don't how it could get any worse. So sorry for the news you received at the doctors today. Obviously follow their medical advice for now. Surely they were only saying that it was unlikely to go full term for now not fir the future too.

On top of that the added pressure of home life. Talk it through with your spouse and see what he says. It might just need him sitting down with his mum to explain things and reduce the stress levels in the house.

At some point you would want your own place anyway it just might be sooner!

You thought about expediting your EAP, You can prove financial loss quite easily and the urgency for the need to work although I'm sure that's not at the forefront of your mind right now.

If you have any job offer they would look at it favourably I would hope.

Stay positive, these bumps in the road are here to test us so have a mindset to overcome it all. You will both be stronger when you come out the other side

We sat down the 3 of us an at the end she said I will stop arguing if we gave her $300 a month on top of what we're giving her which really lowered to save for moving out but I doubt the $300 will work, the mother is very money hungry even though her husband makes $10,000+ a month and doesn't have to work but she can go n do whatever she wants

I tried so hard for her to love me as a daughter but I can't do it anymore, my husband is giving her the $300 n I just hope she doesn't treat me that I am a maid that her son brought here

I tried looking for work since I did my bio letter but sadly no calls back and some places ask if I am legally able to work in the states, I did mention about the AOS and EAD but they said unfortunately I would have to have my EAD then apply again

Please teach me how to do Expedeiate for my EAD and prove to them that I need it cause honestly right now I feel I lost the baby cause of the stress I am in cause of the mother

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Today was a very hard day for me

I know I am trying hard to be positive about the EAD/AP an I still am but I just wish it would just come cause as of now I need to get out my husbands family home as the mother is now becoming more controlling and tells me I have to do the cooking and cleaning for her now since I am living in her home rent free and take care of her mother while she is out doing her thing ..so much stress and that I went to the doctors this morning I didn't want to say anything to my family or anyone I was pregnant till I was more months into the pregnancy but seeing the doctor they said there is no longer a heartbeat and advised me I have a low chance of having a baby go into full term and that alone shattered me to pieces as since I was 5 my dream was to be a mom and the sec I come back to the home his mother is telling me to do all this or I have to go get a cash paying job and give her rent or she will kick me n my husband out

Idk how anyone can be this heartless, I knew she didn't like me at first cause of my background but I thought after 8 years of getting to know me she would change , I'm honestly in tears and I'm hoping me n my husband can move out soon but without my EAD we won't have enough to survive on our own as the money he makes is mainly enough for our groceries and his bills

I'm sorry to write all of this but I didn't know where else to type and I need advice on what to do as I don't want to worry my family back home

Mash, i am so sorry for what happened. Be strong, every thing will be ok.

Timeline

I am so sorry you have been such a strong person I look up to on this forum for sure! My heart is aching for you!! I'm sending positive thoughts and hoping you will get your EAD AP very quickly it's very hard living with families that aren't completely supportive!! I'm very lucky that my husbands parents are so supportive I couldn't imagine it being any other way! Just remember we are all here for you to talk to no judgement ever :). I really hope you get news soon !!!

Thank you so much for your kind words , I am hoping to hear news soon cause I hate being in her home even though I am somewhat great ful for having a roof over my head but not at this expense , she feels like cause I am middle eastern I am gonna turn her son Muslim and be a terrorist , I think that cause she told me that once and laughed about it after our wedding n I tried so hard to hold it in, the sec me n my husband got married it's just been down hill, I'm so happy for all the VJ's here who are so kind and not judgemental

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Mash, i am so sorry for what happened. Be strong, every thing will be ok.

Thank you Jenny <3

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: Timeline

To expedite it will usually involve an info pass appointment to relay your case so they can start the ball rolling. The best chance you will have is to approach your local congressman or State Senator (only contact one of them! One of yours is a bit busy mind embroiled in a presidential nomination race!)

State Representative: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

State Senstor: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=TX

You have to demonstrate severe financial loss, just relay your story and see if they will assist. They have dedicated staff on hand to help with immigration related issues.

Timeline

To expedite it will usually involve an info pass appointment to relay your case so they can start the ball rolling. The best chance you will have is to approach your local congressman or State Senator (only contact one of them! One of yours is a bit busy mind embroiled in a presidential nomination race!)

State Representative: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

State Senstor: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=TX

You have to demonstrate severe financial loss, just relay your story and see if they will assist. They have dedicated staff on hand to help with immigration related issues.

Thank u so much for helping me,

Quick question I'm sorry but how do you make an info pass what is the phone# for that?

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry for you Mash, please stay safe and strong, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I would definitely take the advice that others have given you and try to expedite your EAD.

I hope you find a job soon and that you guys move out. I also hope your medical issues get resolved and that you become the mother you always dreamed of being.

(((hugs)))

AOS

Spoiler

Feb. 4 2016: Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

Feb. 8 2016: AOS received by Chicago lockbox
Feb. 15 2016: NOA1 email

Feb. 26 2016: NOA1 hard copies

Feb. 29 2016: Biometrics letter

Mar. 7 2016: Biometrics done

Mar. 15 2016: RFIE for I-485 email

Mar. 29 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 8 2016: Second RFIE

Apr. 20 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 28 2016: AP approved

May 6 2016: Interview notice

May 23 2016: AP hard copy

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

June 14 2016: Online status changed to My Case Was Approved

June 17 2016: Online status changed to My Card Was Mailed To Me

June 18 2016: Green card received

ROC

Spoiler

Mar. 19, 2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 20, 2018: I-751 delivered to CSC

Mar. 26 2018: NOA date

Mar. 30, 2018: Received NOA

May 11, 2018: Reuse of biometrics notice date

April 23, 2019: Case approved

April 30, 2019: Card received

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Oct. 3, 2020: NOA received by mail

Apr. 17, 2021: biometrics re-use letter 

May 3, 2021: interview scheduled for June 4

We sat down the 3 of us an at the end she said I will stop arguing if we gave her $300 a month on top of what we're giving her which really lowered to save for moving out but I doubt the $300 will work, the mother is very money hungry even though her husband makes $10,000+ a month and doesn't have to work but she can go n do whatever she wants

I tried so hard for her to love me as a daughter but I can't do it anymore, my husband is giving her the $300 n I just hope she doesn't treat me that I am a maid that her son brought here

I tried looking for work since I did my bio letter but sadly no calls back and some places ask if I am legally able to work in the states, I did mention about the AOS and EAD but they said unfortunately I would have to have my EAD then apply again

Please teach me how to do Expedeiate for my EAD and prove to them that I need it cause honestly right now I feel I lost the baby cause of the stress I am in cause of the mother

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through right now. All I can say is stay strong and everything will be paid off eventually. I can't believe your mother-in-law is treating you like this especially her husband already earns a lot. You do not need EAD to look for jobs, you need EAD to be able to start working. Usually, hiring process could take from weeks to even months. When I was looking for jobs last year, even I had my EAD, I was never asked to prove my eligibility to work here in the States until I got hired. It normally take a week or two for the employer to get back to me after I submitted my resume. And then if they are interested, they would put me on an interview, that process takes about one more week depending on how busy their schedules are. And there's the post-interview period, which normally take employers another one or two weeks to make the decision. I would suggest you to continue to look for jobs. There's a high possibility your EAD will get approved in the next couple weeks.

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Today was a very hard day for me

I know I am trying hard to be positive about the EAD/AP an I still am but I just wish it would just come cause as of now I need to get out my husbands family home as the mother is now becoming more controlling and tells me I have to do the cooking and cleaning for her now since I am living in her home rent free and take care of her mother while she is out doing her thing ..so much stress and that I went to the doctors this morning I didn't want to say anything to my family or anyone I was pregnant till I was more months into the pregnancy but seeing the doctor they said there is no longer a heartbeat and advised me I have a low chance of having a baby go into full term and that alone shattered me to pieces as since I was 5 my dream was to be a mom and the sec I come back to the home his mother is telling me to do all this or I have to go get a cash paying job and give her rent or she will kick me n my husband out

Idk how anyone can be this heartless, I knew she didn't like me at first cause of my background but I thought after 8 years of getting to know me she would change , I'm honestly in tears and I'm hoping me n my husband can move out soon but without my EAD we won't have enough to survive on our own as the money he makes is mainly enough for our groceries and his bills

I'm sorry to write all of this but I didn't know where else to type and I need advice on what to do as I don't want to worry my family back home

Omg Mash, I am so sorry for all this, I am in tears reading what is happening to you. Please keep your head up, please don't give up,I am praying for you. Things will get better I promise, let's be positive your EAD will come soon ?? I am here in case you need a friend,take care.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I finally got some good news. :dancing:

I just got a physical NOA for my AP !!!

I was sure I was going to get another RFE for it since I did not include the passport pictures, but I guess they'll use the one from biometrics.

The USCIS case status was never updated, so this came as a surprise. The letter is dated April 28, so they have not updated their website in a while.

Since the case status was never updated, maybe I'll get a surprise interview letter too (hoping for soon).

AOS

Spoiler

Feb. 4 2016: Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

Feb. 8 2016: AOS received by Chicago lockbox
Feb. 15 2016: NOA1 email

Feb. 26 2016: NOA1 hard copies

Feb. 29 2016: Biometrics letter

Mar. 7 2016: Biometrics done

Mar. 15 2016: RFIE for I-485 email

Mar. 29 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 8 2016: Second RFIE

Apr. 20 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 28 2016: AP approved

May 6 2016: Interview notice

May 23 2016: AP hard copy

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

June 14 2016: Online status changed to My Case Was Approved

June 17 2016: Online status changed to My Card Was Mailed To Me

June 18 2016: Green card received

ROC

Spoiler

Mar. 19, 2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 20, 2018: I-751 delivered to CSC

Mar. 26 2018: NOA date

Mar. 30, 2018: Received NOA

May 11, 2018: Reuse of biometrics notice date

April 23, 2019: Case approved

April 30, 2019: Card received

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Oct. 3, 2020: NOA received by mail

Apr. 17, 2021: biometrics re-use letter 

May 3, 2021: interview scheduled for June 4

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

MASH I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It is very hard to live and share a house with other people even when they are your inlaws, friends etc. everybody likes privacy. I will be praying for you and that everything gets better soon.

I found this if you are looking forward to expediting your EAD/AP:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/453753-how-to-request-to-expedite-your-ead-based-on-a-job-offer/

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

star_big.png
POPULAR

I thought I would write this up as I was successful in expediting my EAD.

Called USCIS on 1-800-375-5283 on 4 September.

Said 'I would like to expedite my EAD because I have been offered a job and cannot take it up until I have the right to work in the US'

I was given a list of reasons as to why my expedited EAD may be considered. These reasons are:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

I selected 'severe financial loss'. I said that I had been unable to work due to waiting for the K1 process to finish - I was made redundant. I said that whether this could be consider severe or not was open to opinion.

The person at USCIS then read back to me what she had typed up and told me that someone would be in contact with 5 working days. She gave me a reference number for my request. She said there was no guarantee that my request would be granted.

On 9 September I received a letter from USCIS requesting that I fax them proof of my job offer, together with a reference number and also to fax their letter. I did that the same afternoon and also included the state exam and license I had taken in order to get the job offer. I also included a cover letter.

On 10 September I received an e-mail to tell me that my status had changed to 'card production' for my EAD. My AP was updated about 2 hours later.

I thought I would write this up as I've noticed a couple people saying that they've managed to expedite their EAD because of a job offer but did not explain how they did it.

Edited by Anna Grant, 11 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Edited by minina
K1:
01/02/2013 - Sent I-129f
01/08/2013 - NOA1
06/25/2013 - NOA2
07/19/2013 - Sent to NVC
07/30/2013 - Left NVC
08/02/2013 - Case number received
08/26/2013 - Medical
09/12/2013 - Interview - Approved
09/18/2013 - Visa in hand
10/01/2013 - POE Miami
11/23/2013 - Marriage
AOS:
02/16/2016 - AOS, EAD filed
02/22/2016 - AOS and EAD NOA1
02/29/2016 - NOA1 hard copies
03/04/2016 - Received Biometrics letter
03/18/2016 - Biometrics appointment

04/18/2016 - EAD approved

04/23/2016 - EAD/AP card delivered

04/29/2016 - Applied for SSN

04/27/2016 - AOS approved

05/02/2016 - Welcome letter/NOA2 delivered

06/10/2016 - 45 days later my 10 year Green card has finally been delivered!!

07/06/2016 - 9 & 1/2 weeks later SSN is delivered

IiqKm5.png

Timeline

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Now that my eyes are dried up from tears and my husband got home from work I have a level head now an I will be doing what you guys advices me ASAP

I am so happy there are people here that are so caring, I'll let all you know how it all goes

May god bless all of you <3

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Blessings, love, & strength to you during this tough time. May you be able to quickly get your EAD and be able to work so y'all can move out and find peace. PM me anytime you need/want to talk.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Now that my eyes are dried up from tears and my husband got home from work I have a level head now an I will be doing what you guys advices me ASAP

I am so happy there are people here that are so caring, I'll let all you know how it all goes

May god bless all of you <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.