MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I filled out my AOS on february too and tomorrow I have to go to the biometrics appointment in Elizabeth, NJ. The letter said that we can't bring our cellphones, my husband and I are going in train because is faster for us, do you guys know if there's a locker to leave your things or something like that?? Or should we leave our phones at home??

Thank you!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I filled out my AOS on february too and tomorrow I have to go to the biometrics appointment in Elizabeth, NJ. The letter said that we can't bring our cellphones, my husband and I are going in train because is faster for us, do you guys know if there's a locker to leave your things or something like that?? Or should we leave our phones at home??

Thank you!![/quote

Just turn your phone off and put it in your pocket then.

Hello everyone!!

Thank you!!

My unpopular opinion on this topic is to just leave your phone at home. Ultimately, getting there and turning it off the whole time is OKAY. To me, the USCIS employees stress so much about leaving phones out of the building, that if you just comply with that, it makes their days better.

I know that in 2016 no one can live 5 minutes without their cell phone, but 10 years ago everyone was perfectly fine going a whole day without one.

Short answer: you can bring you phone, you just won't make security happy.

AOS:

• 02/11/16 Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 sent via FedEx
  • 02/26/16 Hard copies of NOA's arrived in the the mail
  • 03/04/16 Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail
  • 03/07/16 Unsuccessful early biometrics walk-in attempt at Aurora, CO
  • 03/15/16 Successful alternate location biometrics walk-in completed in Milwaukee, WI (on actual appointment date
  • 04/19/16 I-765 approved and new card ordered
  • 04/23/16 EAD received
  • 01/09/17 Case scheduled for interview - notice received in the mail
  • 02/14/17 AOS Interview - approved at the interview - happy Valentine's Day!
  • 03/21/17 Two Year Card received!

LOC:

• 12/20/18 Filing sent via USPS
  • 08/01/19 Successful biometrics in Aurora, CO
  • 10/23/19 I-751 petition approved and new card ordered
  • 10/31/19 Ten Year Card received!

N-400:

• 04/08/20 N-400 received at USCIS
  • 10/28/20 Biometrics re-use
  • 11/09/20 Interview notification
  • 12/16/20 Interview, approved, Oath, Citizen!

Hello everyone!!

Thank you!![/quote

Just turn your phone off and put it in your pocket then.

And another point - multiple locations do not allow "support" persons inside the building. In other words, if the appointment is for YOU, you will be allowed through security and your husband will have to wait outside, and vice versa.

If one of you waits outside, that obviously fixes your cell phone situation.

If both of you need bio-metrics, then just leave the phones at home. Who do you desperately need to call?

AOS:

• 02/11/16 Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 sent via FedEx
  • 02/26/16 Hard copies of NOA's arrived in the the mail
  • 03/04/16 Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail
  • 03/07/16 Unsuccessful early biometrics walk-in attempt at Aurora, CO
  • 03/15/16 Successful alternate location biometrics walk-in completed in Milwaukee, WI (on actual appointment date
  • 04/19/16 I-765 approved and new card ordered
  • 04/23/16 EAD received
  • 01/09/17 Case scheduled for interview - notice received in the mail
  • 02/14/17 AOS Interview - approved at the interview - happy Valentine's Day!
  • 03/21/17 Two Year Card received!

LOC:

• 12/20/18 Filing sent via USPS
  • 08/01/19 Successful biometrics in Aurora, CO
  • 10/23/19 I-751 petition approved and new card ordered
  • 10/31/19 Ten Year Card received!

N-400:

• 04/08/20 N-400 received at USCIS
  • 10/28/20 Biometrics re-use
  • 11/09/20 Interview notification
  • 12/16/20 Interview, approved, Oath, Citizen!

Hello everyone!!

Thank you!!

Um, as someone who just did their biometrics at the Elizabeth office a couple weeks ago, you can most certainly have your cell phone, just have it off BEFORE you enter the building and don't pull it out while you are in the building for any reason.

Also, get there EARLY. Elizabeth is extremely busy and to add about the support person, your husband will be allowed to enter and wait in the general waiting area with you. Once you have finished with reception though, you will have to go to a different room where he can't join you but he can stay in the general waiting area.

PS: Bring your marriage certificate.

Good luck!

Edited by goolia

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Omg.. Just woke up as i received a message from uscis... My case has been updated...

Aaaaaaand... Your interview is scheduled. Your interview is on April 29, 2016.

The other cases show case received.

I am so happy right now - good luck to all of you!

Edited by Simonbln

(delete--sorry)

Edited by trinaqueen
K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

No bio letter today :( the mail man walked straight passed me while I was doing some gardening.

Definitely look out for it today and tomorrow! I got mine on a Friday!

Omg.. Just woke up as i received a message from uscis... My case has been updated...

OMG CONGRATS! I think there's been 2 people including you who are February filers with interviews. That's amazing it's happening so fast! 2 months is so much quicker than what I thought the green card process would take.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Im confident today lol

Congratulations. Awesome news

Edited by HopeFab

Timeline

Based on your timeline estimates you're right on track. So guys we can be hopeful about ours

Definitely look out for it today and tomorrow! I got mine on a Friday!

OMG CONGRATS! I think there's been 2 people including you who are February filers with interviews. That's amazing it's happening so fast! 2 months is so much quicker than what I thought the green card process would take.

I feel like the speed depends on what type of visa you came in on. It seems the people who's timelines say "other visa" rather than a K1 for instance, get priority. Which is not to take away from Simon because that's amazing news, more so for myself to not get too excited haha. I seriously hope I'm wrong though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I feel like the speed depends on what type of visa you came in on. It seems the people who's timelines say "other visa" rather than a K1 for instance, get priority. Which is not to take away from Simon because that's amazing news, more so for myself to not get too excited haha. I seriously hope I'm wrong though.

Thank you.. Hmm the only thing i am wondering is that our i-130 still shows "case received" isnt that one of the main requirements before they could even schedule an interview!?

Thank you.. Hmm the only thing i am wondering is that our i-130 still shows "case received" isnt that one of the main requirements before they could even schedule an interview!?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. The visa I came in on doesn't require me to fill out the I-130. Perhaps someone else could shed some light on this?

I'd say the fact that you have an interview means you have nothing to worry about though! USCIS is all over the place when it comes to updating stuff on their website.

Ah I hope ours goes fast regardless. That would be awesome to get an interview so fast.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Timeline

I'm not sure as well. Im not a k-1 filer but I believe since we did file the I-130 concurrently and they went along with the adjustment it could mean that it's approved and they don't bother sending approval notices since we're adjusting. My NOA1 shows an A number up top did u notice that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.