Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys!! I just came back from my interview and I passed with flying colors!!!

I got there around 12.00 with my husband. My appointment was for 12.30 pm but the IO didn't show up until almost 1.15 pm.

She was incredible nice with me and she made me feel super comfortable. She requested my passport, my SSN, my driver's license and green card. And then proceeded with the civic test.

Then we went through my application, it took probably 45 mins to go through the entire thing: she asked me about my jobs, my husband's previous marriage, our son, my family. We talked about my speeding ticket ( thank God I took the court resolution and dismissed). She told me a ticket is not big deal.

She joke here and there and honestly It didn't feel like an interview at all despite the lenght (around 50 mins). She approved me on the spot and made me signed my application. She then told me to wait for my oath ceremony letter and handed me an approval letter.

She scort me to the main door where my hubby was waiting for me, when he saw my big smile he ran to hugged me and kissed me...my IO was behind me and she started laughing and she then approached to say hi to my hubby. She was extremely kind and nice.

She told me my oath ceremony is within days so I needed to make sure not to travel far away.... And that was it!

Im so so so excited and I can't believe I'm just a step away from being an US citizen???

Congrats!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

Just got an update, I am in line for the oath ceremony!!

Pfeww I feel better ;-)

Congrats! Does it say 'In Line,' or 'Notice Mailed?' Perhaps we'll oath at the same ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats! Does it say 'In Line,' or 'Notice Mailed?' Perhaps we'll oath at the same ceremony!

Yes maybe, that would be fun!!

It says "in line". How long did it take for you to go from "in line" to "notice sent"?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Andrea Did she have you leave question 23 as no?

I did have it mark as NO but I told her I didn't know a minor traffic offense was within that category taking into consideration it was not DUI related and way under $500. I decided to tell her and she said it was fine. I showed her the court resolution plus copy of the ticket and she made corrections

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Hi guys!! I just came back from my interview and I passed with flying colors!!!

...?

Congrats!!!

Naturalization Journey

Feb 08 16: N-400 sent

Feb 09 16: N-400 delivered

Feb 23 16: NOA received

Mar 15 16: Fingerprints

Apr 05 16: In line for interview

Apr 11 16: Interview scheduled

Apr 15 16: Interview letter received

Jun 09 16: Interview

Jul 22 16: Oath Ceremony

I am a US citizen

Timeline

Yes maybe, that would be fun!!

It says "in line". How long did it take for you to go from "in line" to "notice sent"?

Don't know that ours was ever 'In Line' - the day after the interview, we just got the e-mail and text that the status had been updated, and when we checked, it said 'Notice Was Mailed.' It's probably the same thing, I'd guess.

Hello Feb filers,

Been following this thread since we submitted the N-400 on Feb 29. Yesterday was MJ's interview at JW Peck Fed Bldg Cincinnati. She was sweating the process seriously. Said no need to be too worried, but we studied that book, and studied...and studied...and studied. She memorized the CD, every question in exact order. Our 4 yr-old had some of the answers memorized, too. So she asked that I read the questions randomly, over and over. She just about memorized her entire N-400 application, too! Passed, no issues, about 10-15 minutes total. Perfect 6 of 6 on civics questions. Curiously, IO kept her interview appointment letter. She didn't have the courage to ask for it back. Anyone experience this?

Good luck to all. Just about got er done...

M&M

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Hello Feb filers,

Been following this thread since we submitted the N-400 on Feb 29. Yesterday was MJ's interview at JW Peck Fed Bldg Cincinnati. She was sweating the process seriously. Said no need to be too worried, but we studied that book, and studied...and studied...and studied. She memorized the CD, every question in exact order. Our 4 yr-old had some of the answers memorized, too. So she asked that I read the questions randomly, over and over. She just about memorized her entire N-400 application, too! Passed, no issues, about 10-15 minutes total. Perfect 6 of 6 on civics questions. Curiously, IO kept her interview appointment letter. She didn't have the courage to ask for it back. Anyone experience this?

Good luck to all. Just about got er done...

M&M

They keep the appoinment letter! Io should give her a notice saying she passed.

Timeline
Curiously, IO kept her interview appointment letter. She didn't have the courage to ask for it back. Anyone experience this?

Congratulations!

And yeah, the IO kept our interview appointment letter too. Not that we need it, of course, as we will gleefully burn all this USCIS stuff as soon as we have passports in hand!

Yes, they keep the appointment letter and hand you a "receipt" telling you whether you're "Congratulations!" or "A decision will be mailed to you".

My case status never went to "in line", just straight to "Oath ceremony notice has been mailed".

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

I did have it mark as NO but I told her I didn't know a minor traffic offense was within that category taking into consideration it was not DUI related and way under $500. I decided to tell her and she said it was fine. I showed her the court resolution plus copy of the ticket and she made corrections

Good. I didn't think they would make you change it since the instructions said you didn't need to disclose it. :) It is nice when the IO follows the rules.

Congratulations!

And yeah, the IO kept our interview appointment letter too. Not that we need it, of course, as we will gleefully burn all this USCIS stuff as soon as we have passports in hand!

Fire party :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.