Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

So who's filing their N-400 this Feb? I have my application done just need to make copies of evidence of marriage and send it in Feb 2nd.

N-400: January 2016 Applicants

======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Helpme123........|05/03/13|02/02|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
5. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
6. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
7. Make changes and Add Reply.
8. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification
Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics)
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview shceduling
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Interview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you will have the N-400 interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the last month before hubby and I can finally join a filers thread in March. :) Much luck to all the Feb filers!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm posting this for the third and final time because it only applies to those applying in December, January, and February.

Since 2016 is a Leap Year, February has 29 days and this will affect the day you are eligible to file your application if you plan on filing 90 days early.

The best thing to do is to use the USCIS early filing calculator, which will take this into account.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

If USCIS receives your application just one day before the eligibility date, they will probably return it.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Me, but its not until February 20.

08.20.2016 - ROC Complete

N-400 - NATURALIZATION

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received, signed by K.Coltrin

03.01.2016 - Check cashed

03.01.2016 - NOA1 received by text and email

03.24.2016 - Bio metrics

04.21.2016 - In Line for Interview

05.25.2016 - Case Updated: Interview Scheduled

06.30.2016 - Interview Result: "A Decision cannot be made yet"

07.07.2016 - Received Text, "Oath Ceremony has been scheduled"

07.21.2016 - Oath Taking

07.21.2016 - ITS OFFICIAL .. IM A US CITIZEN :dancing: :idea: :goofy:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck February filers! Adding some useful links below:

Early filing calculator: http://www.uscis.gov...Calculator.html

N-400 guide: http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Your field office: http://www.uscis.gov...e/field-offices

Name change information: http://www.visajourn...nges/?p=7066213

I'm posting this for the third and final time because it only applies to those applying in December, January, and February.

Since 2016 is a Leap Year, February has 29 days and this will affect the day you are eligible to file your application if you plan on filing 90 days early.

The best thing to do is to use the USCIS early filing calculator, which will take this into account.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

If USCIS receives your application just one day before the eligibility date, they will probably return it.

With most people mailing their application on the date of their eligibility and mail taking at least one day to be received do you actually know anyone that this has happened to?

For instance I could send mine 2/1 and still be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

With most people mailing their application on the date of their eligibility and mail taking at least one day to be received do you actually know anyone that this has happened to?

For instance I could send mine 2/1 and still be fine.

I've come across quite a few cases (maybe 20 or more) on VJ over the past few of years where people mailed the application early and tried to time it so that it would arrive on their eligibility date. In my opinion, this isn't a good idea, but some people are just over-eager.

Of those cases that I read, the majority of applications arrived on the eligibility date or later.

However:

- In a handful of cases, the application arrived a day or two early and was returned.

- In one case, the application was not returned (due to a mistake, I assume) and the application was denied at the interview.

If you file on your eligibility date, you should have no problem; however, USCIS receiving contractors (they are not USCIS officers) sometimes make mistakes and return valid applications.

And actually, there was a recent post by someone who's application was returned because of the February 29th calculation!

It was actually just this month: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/580624-n-400-january-2016-filers/?p=7971713

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Have my package assembled. Just need to go over it one more time before I send it in on Feb 1.

Question: I'm filing based on marriage to US citizen, but I filled in information up to 5 years ago. Is this okay, or should I stick to 3 years?

N-400: January 2016 Applicants

USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date..|Sent..|Cashd.|NOA...|Fprints..|In Line...|Int ltr..|Intrview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Helpme123.....|05/03/13|02/02|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Dallas,TX

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date..|Sent..|Cashd.|NOA...|Fprints..|In Line...|Int ltr..|Intrview..|Oath.....|Field Office
akihon........|10/10/12|02/01|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Chicago, IL

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
5. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
6. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
7. Make changes and Add Reply.
8. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification
Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics)
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview shceduling
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Interview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you will have the N-400 interview

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

I did all my taxes on turbo tax so i requested IRS return Transcripts for 2012-2014 earlier this week so I'm not sending about 50 pages of turbotax worksheets and tax forms.

Depending on when my transcripts arrive in the mail I might send my N400 application a few days later than anticipated.

Wow, I can't believe it's almost February!

Good luck to all February filers!!! May you all have speedy approvals! :star:

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

My wife will join February Filers on or around Feb 12 - Estimating this is when I'll have my 2015 Taxes completed and filed .

Do we need to include 2015 taxes? I have 2012 2013 and 2014 tax transcripts in my packet, but I'm submitting tomorrow ... clearly before April 15.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

The requirement is for 3 year.s I don't think 2015 is a requirement, since not everyone files early. I happen to be filing early due to expected tax refund based on projections within my tax software.

OK. Thanks.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.