Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello please add me on the timeline? I sent in mine last february 8, and my notice date is february 20 and my biometrics is march 10...... And im still waiting for my interview... And my case is at NBC? Pittsburgh field office. Thanks!

What is your GC date?

Please provide us your GC date and we will add you to the chart.

ry8wm8.png........oSDDm8.png ke7wm7.png

My wife's journey:

============================================= USCIS ==============================================

12/15/2017 (Friday) I-130 & I-130A were sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox by FedEx (overnight)

12/16/2017 (Saturday) I-130 & I-130A were delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox (signed by J. Lopez)

12/18/2017 (Monday) PRIORITY DATE

12/20/2017 (Wednesday) Received text and email that my case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Texas Service Center for processing

12/21/2017 (Thursday) Check was cashed. NOA-1 (I-797C) was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

12/26/2017 (Tuesday) NOA-1 (I-797C) was received.

06/07/2018 (Thursday) NOA-2 was APPROVED. 172 days.

06/11/2018 (Monday) NOA-2 was delivered by USPS to my home address.

06/22/2018 (Friday) Our case was sent to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing (NVC)

============================================= NVC ==============================================

07/27/2018 (Friday) NVC welcome letter with Case number and Invoice ID number was received by email. (51 days from NOA 2 and 225 days total)

07/27/2018-07/31/2018 NVC website was down

07/31/2018 Fees paid.

08/08/2018 ALL forms and documents were submitted (uploaded) to NVC website.

08/14/2018 CASE COMPLETED (DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED)

09/19/2018 Got email with VISA INTERVIEW DATE

My journey:

02/01/2016 N-400 Filing Date (Sent package via UPS).

02/04/2016 N-400 package was delivered (signed by Adriana) to Phoenix, AZ (USCIS Lockbox). PRIORITY DATE

02/18/2016 Fee waiver was approved. NOTICE DATE

02/19/2016 Received text and email from USCIS (NOA).

02/22/2016 I-797C (NOA) letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

02/25/2016 I-797C (NOA) received by regular mail (USPS).

02/27/2016 NOTICE DATE for Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment.

03/02/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

03/05/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was delivered to me.

03/07/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) (early walk-in).

03/10/2016 In Line (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/04/2016 "Interview was scheduled" email (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/05/2016 Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS. NOTICE DATE.

05/10/2016 Interview letter was delivered to me.

06/08/2016 Interview.

06/08/2016 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (hand given right after the Interview).

06/16/2016 Oath Ceremony.

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!!!!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys!!! another week!!!

Can't believe my interview is this Thursday!!!!! Im so excited and can't believe its reallll!!! I spent most of my weekend studying!!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Can't believe my interview is this Thursday!!!!! Im so excited and can't believe its reallll!!! I spent most of my weekend studying!!

Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck to you and to all with interviews this week!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Good luck Akihon and Nhutchings on your interview todat!!!!!

PASSED! I'm on my way to work now, will update later!

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Chicago Field Office Interview Experience

My interview was scheduled for 8:45am. I went through security, checked in at 8:12am, and was given a number. Sat quietly by myself, looking up every time the door opened. There was an Indian lady that I overheard failed the speaking test. Finally, an officer came out and called my number. I grabbed my folder and purse and followed him in, greeting him good morning.

He showed me into his office, where he had my file open, and a small clear ziploc with my photos in it was sitting on the table. He put me under oath, and asked me for the appointment letter, my passport, LPR card and driver's license. My folder was still open, so he told me to put it away for now. He spent some time inputting information into the computer, before he turned to me and we started off with the civics test. In no particular order:

1. What is an amendment?

2. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

3. What is the supreme law of the land?

4. Who vetoes bills?

5. Who did the United States fight in World War II?

6. What is the capital of your state?

Then he told me to read number 1 out of 3 sentences ("Where is the White House?") and to write "The White House is in Washington DC". After that, we started reading through my application, where he just asked me what was on the form and I responded as I had written in February. He checked my list of travel dates against my passport, while asking if I had traveled recently. I said yes, and he updated my list with the one business trip I had at the end of March. I also had to provide my previous passport as well for some of the trips. He flipped through the pages so much, I thought the trips weren't on there, so I asked if they were (I had my third previous passport with me). He said "They are". He also asked whether some trips were business, and I said that the ones to China were on business, while everything else was on vacation. "Was your husband with you?" "For all the vacation trips, yes".

When we got to the arrests/citations part, I hesitated slightly before I said No (I have not been cited). He looked up at me from the form, noticing my hesitation. I apologized, saying that I hesitated because I do have a traffic citation that I forgot to mention on my initial submission.

"Was it alcohol-related?"

"No. I ran a red light."

"That's fine."

We continued through all the yes/no questions to the end. Apparently he had all my submissions from AOS and ROC, he chatted about my bank account statements, asked about my husband's job, about whether we had any pets (I was kinda surprised to be talking to him about my cats' names and why we picked them). He did ask if I had filed all my taxes, and whether I owed on any. I said I do not owe on taxes, and that I submitted the original IRS transcripts with my application, but had copies on me, including my 2015 tax transcript. He requested the 2015 copy, so I surrendered that to him. After all that was done, he asked me to sign my form, and then congratulated me on my approval. He told me that the letter will come in the mail for my oath ceremony, and that it would take a few weeks.

He walked me out of the office, congratulated me again. I shook his hand, thanked him, and went off!

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Chicago Field Office Interview Experience

My interview was scheduled for 8:45am. I went through security, checked in at 8:12am, and was given a number. Sat quietly by myself, looking up every time the door opened. There was an Indian lady that I overheard failed the speaking test. Finally, an officer came out and called my number. I grabbed my folder and purse and followed him in, greeting him good morning.

He showed me into his office, where he had my file open, and a small clear ziploc with my photos in it was sitting on the table. He put me under oath, and asked me for the appointment letter, my passport, LPR card and driver's license. My folder was still open, so he told me to put it away for now. He spent some time inputting information into the computer, before he turned to me and we started off with the civics test. In no particular order:

1. What is an amendment?

2. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

3. What is the supreme law of the land?

4. Who vetoes bills?

5. Who did the United States fight in World War II?

6. What is the capital of your state?

Then he told me to read number 1 out of 3 sentences ("Where is the White House?") and to write "The White House is in Washington DC". After that, we started reading through my application, where he just asked me what was on the form and I responded as I had written in February. He checked my list of travel dates against my passport, while asking if I had traveled recently. I said yes, and he updated my list with the one business trip I had at the end of March. I also had to provide my previous passport as well for some of the trips. He flipped through the pages so much, I thought the trips weren't on there, so I asked if they were (I had my third previous passport with me). He said "They are". He also asked whether some trips were business, and I said that the ones to China were on business, while everything else was on vacation. "Was your husband with you?" "For all the vacation trips, yes".

When we got to the arrests/citations part, I hesitated slightly before I said No (I have not been cited). He looked up at me from the form, noticing my hesitation. I apologized, saying that I hesitated because I do have a traffic citation that I forgot to mention on my initial submission.

"Was it alcohol-related?"

"No. I ran a red light."

"That's fine."

We continued through all the yes/no questions to the end. Apparently he had all my submissions from AOS and ROC, he chatted about my bank account statements, asked about my husband's job, about whether we had any pets (I was kinda surprised to be talking to him about my cats' names and why we picked them). He did ask if I had filed all my taxes, and whether I owed on any. I said I do not owe on taxes, and that I submitted the original IRS transcripts with my application, but had copies on me, including my 2015 tax transcript. He requested the 2015 copy, so I surrendered that to him. After all that was done, he asked me to sign my form, and then congratulated me on my approval. He told me that the letter will come in the mail for my oath ceremony, and that it would take a few weeks.

He walked me out of the office, congratulated me again. I shook his hand, thanked him, and went off!

Congratulations!!!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

PASSED! I'm on my way to work now, will update later!

Congratulations akihon!!!! I also liked your interview experience. I am relieved to hear the IO didn't make a big deal about the traffic citation.

Passed! Also on our way to work, will also update later.

Congrats nhutchings!!!! :dancing::dancing:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you!

Congratulations akihon!!!! I also liked your interview experience. I am relieved to hear the IO didn't make a big deal about the traffic citation.

Thank you! I'm glad he didn't either. He also watched me print my name and sign the N400, and noticed that I had written my middle name in two names. He asked if that was the way it was supposed to be written, I said yes, but I'm always very bad at making it obvious that it is two words. He said he would make the correction, printed out a sheet of paper for me to double check that all my information was correct, and it was!

He was really nice. I think having an early morning interview before they go through everybody else's BS is a good idea haha!

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

He was really nice. I think having an early morning interview before they go through everybody else's BS is a good idea haha!

I totally agree. My appointment was early too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.