Nicki-Goodas-Deo

how long have you and your spouse, fiance, child/children family haven't seen each other

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

1 year and 3 months, since we saw each other last. It is absolute torture. The longest we went though was 1 year and 8 months. I pray that we don't go that long again. We have been together about 6 years now and I have visited 5 times. Our K-1 we filed was never approved for visa, and was sent back for review and that was the last of it. We have submitted our CR-1 on Sept 29th, 2015. It was sent to California but is now in a local office here in Virginia. Obviously, the sooner they process this the better, I prefer to save money than to have to spend more on another trip, but we can't go but so long without seeing each other. Despite this grueling wait, we are encouraged and know that the end of separation is more near than far. We have made it through this, I believe we can make it through anything. God is with us.

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Not long now, mallafri76! I'm excited for you because your journey has been long and difficult.

I haven't seen m husband since December 27 and it already feels like forever. I'm fortunate I can visit very often (usually every 6 weeks) due to my work. But we are facing a longer gap now.

Once we get to NVC stage I'm going to be too nervous to go, I think. Even for work.

Thank you. Yeah, that NVC mess sure worked our nerves. :wacko: I tell you, if the embassy hadn't kept my passport, I think I would have been on the first flight over because I'm ready to give my right arm to see my husband.

I always tell people that this kind of process can bring you closer together or tear relationships apart.

That is so true, especially when you face problems that prolong the process even further. There's one couple on VJ who I believe went four years with checklists, refusal and multiple interviews before they could finally be together. That's true love right there. :)

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I met my husband 2013 in Jamaica. I goes to see him every 4 or 7mos. We got married on 7/22/15 and I haven't seen him since July 23rd. We've filed our I-130 and K-3 applications already and has received the 1st NOA for both. We are at a stand still cause we don't know if there is anything we should be doing or if we're supposed to be just waiting. But I'm going spring break to see my sweetie cause 7mos is long enough for us not see each other.

I haven't seen her since November. It's very hard. I can't imagine how you all feel when it's been a year apart. I think it's especially harder at USCIS stage as it's a long time of not hearing anything. At least with NVC (if it all goes smooth) you're updated more and little milestones (payments, send packets, go for medical, interview, wait for passport) are all much closer together.

Edited by IamIan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@ms.f.brown yeah 7 months is a while. glad you have the opportunity to go see your hubby.

My hubby is coming tomorrow. I'm so happy!! it's long due

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, I´m sorry for all of you...

Since me and my husband we stay sick without seing each other (I can´t be away from depression medications since "everything happened"), we could make a deal with our finantial life that we can see each other at least every 2 months, but is just for 6 days always.

I´m paying a price for it... 3 jobs, 90 hours weekly work to support the kids and everything here, while he raise money for the ticket to come, once we are in 3 here and he´s by himself to come.

It seems that by the time that the time goes, I stay more depressed even with medications and his support (by skype and coming here in a regular basis). I think I´m loosing the control of it - lost 5 kilos in a month and having rashes all over my body and loosing hair, cry at work, cry for everything, no sleeping - :(

I hope i´ll not loose all my health to join him the rest of our lifes together...

I don´t know what else to do. I´m lost. I feel hopeless many many many times. I feel a pain in the chest and just to write this I´m already crying.

That´s it.

I wish I could give some good words for those ones who cant´see their partner like me, but I can´t for now. I´m sorry.

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I´m sorry for all of you...

Since me and my husband we stay sick without seing each other (I can´t be away from depression medications since "everything happened"), we could make a deal with our finantial life that we can see each other at least every 2 months, but is just for 6 days always.

I´m paying a price for it... 3 jobs, 90 hours weekly work to support the kids and everything here, while he raise money for the ticket to come, once we are in 3 here and he´s by himself to come.

It seems that by the time that the time goes, I stay more depressed even with medications and his support (by skype and coming here in a regular basis). I think I´m loosing the control of it - lost 5 kilos in a month and having rashes all over my body and loosing hair, cry at work, cry for everything, no sleeping - :(

I hope i´ll not loose all my health to join him the rest of our lifes together...

I don´t know what else to do. I´m lost. I feel hopeless many many many times. I feel a pain in the chest and just to write this I´m already crying.

That´s it.

I wish I could give some good words for those ones who cant´see their partner like me, but I can´t for now. I´m sorry.

Sounds to me like you need another medication or perhaps some counselling.

Timeline

@blondedoc, I'm truly sorry to hear you and your husband going thru this.your story really breaks my heart. I wish you the best in your endeavors

Timeline

Sounds to me like you need another medication or perhaps some counselling.

All those medications have a lot of side effects (I tried some already) I found one that works ok, but not the way that is needed... I can´t make an upgrade with the dose anymore I´m at the daily limit already... Counseling? Ugh... Unfortunatelly no time and no money...

I´m living a day by day situation and let´s see where it gets.

I just need to be with my husband. The situation is so visible that when my busband is here, people from work dont need to ask. They look at me and know, because they say that my looks and face changes a lot.

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

@blondedoc, I'm truly sorry to hear you and your husband going thru this.your story really breaks my heart. I wish you the best in your endeavors

As I´m sorry for all of you.

I made a promise to myself that I will create a blog to explain and show everyone who have been through this how hard is, but at the same time how it works for us to be a better person and a closer couple.

We all worth the best wishes because, have your loved one away from you is like live the real hell.

I don´t want it for anyone in this world.

And I´m thankfull for your words.

Thank you very much and all the best, from the bottom of my heart.

event.png

Timeline

@Nicky thank you very thank and yes I'm so excited about going to see him. But its harder on him than it is me. He's so stressed about not seeing me. But that's how love is truly lol. I'm so happy for you that your hubby is coming tomorrow. I'll be so glad when my day comes that mine is on a airplane coming home.

Timeline

@ms.f.brown. he's coming to Jamaica.I'm still waiting on a interview date,so we can be together in the U.S.. once and for all. Lol!

Timeline

I see my husband every 3-4 months and that's hard! I think the persons who go longer are really strong! I try as much to busy myself with work and friends so the time passes quickly sitting around waiting on NOA2 can be really stressful.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

@keas it's good that you are able to see each other every 3-4 months. Just hang in there, It takes long but it soon will be over soon

Timeline

I'm right there with you. I haven't seen my hubby since September and currently can't travel due to work. It's hard but we make it work. I figure this will make us appreciate each others company a whole lot more since we know how separation feels. I wish the IR1/CR1 could get them here as fast as the K1 does the engaged should wait longer not those that are already married. But they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. (F) (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.