AMZJ

January 2016 I-129f Filers

2,646 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Their customer service reps are available starting at 8am, so when I called it was all automated (I figured I was calling before hours). I put in my case number (I included the WAC as its corresponding numbers) and the robot read off the last info I got, back in the beginning of January. Contemplating calling back after 8, but I don't want to tie up the line and make others with more pressing issues wait on hold. Plus 8am there is 5pm here, so I'll be making dinner then :P And yeah, I fully expect the rep to just be like "we'll send you mail when there's an update" and nothing else, but calling doesn't hurt :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I was looking at my USCIS page and I saw this:

Case history

On February 17, 2016 your request to have your case expedited, referral number **************, was assigned to an officer for response.

Does that mean that they are just seeing if it can be expedited and if, isn't it a bit to late? Or are they working on the whole case?

mumbles, on 19 Feb 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

Yes I'm fully aware of that. People have called before though, so I want to call too. I'm using the app but haven't gotten any update obviously

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but your still in normal processing times. Why Call? Your tying up the phone lines so other callers with more pressing issues are having difficulty getting through. Just my 2 cents. This is a process and it takes time. Three years ago when we did our application it took well over 90 days to see an approval. Now they are processing somewhere around 45 days. I'm just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I was looking at my USCIS page and I saw this:

Case history

On February 17, 2016 your request to have your case expedited, referral number **************, was assigned to an officer for response.

Does that mean that they are just seeing if it can be expedited and if, isn't it a bit to late? Or are they working on the whole case?

That's interesting. I imagine they would only expedite a case if there's a really good reason, like if waiting would cause some sort of major issue. When in doubt, google! I got this: "According to the USCIS, cases may be expedited if they involve a serious financial loss, an

extreme emergency, a humanitarian situation, the request comes from a nonprofit organization advancing the cultural or social interests of the United States, it's a matter of national interest or security (the request must be made by a U.S. government official), or a USCIS error or compelling USCIS interest." Is there any chance your fiance or someone you know filed a request to expedite? Maybe call USCIS and make sure there isn't some sort of confusion.

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just be patient. There are other people who have and are waiting over 6 months for a response.

Guidelines for a petition approval is 5 months, not what VJ says.

I went through this before last year and it took over 6 months for my NOA2. Sit back and hang tight. I've been watching the stats daily - we Jan filers are almost there.

I had my case inquired upon with my congress woman due to the fact this is my second petition. They responded last week with " It takes 5 months to go through from NOA1 to NOA2".

After 6 months is when it's feasible to inquire.

VJ is based on soley the VJ'ers and them updating their timelines - which we all know not everyone does.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Timeline

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but your still in normal processing times. Why Call? Your tying up the phone lines so other callers with more pressing issues are having difficulty getting through. Just my 2 cents. This is a process and it takes time. Three years ago when we did our application it took well over 90 days to see an approval. Now they are processing somewhere around 45 days. I'm just saying.

Yyyyyeah, that's the reasoning I gave earlier, when I was considering calling during business hours. Thanks for the input

Timeline

That's interesting. I imagine they would only expedite a case if there's a really good reason, like if waiting would cause some sort of major issue. When in doubt, google! I got this: "According to the USCIS, cases may be expedited if they involve a serious financial loss, an

extreme emergency, a humanitarian situation, the request comes from a nonprofit organization advancing the cultural or social interests of the United States, it's a matter of national interest or security (the request must be made by a U.S. government official), or a USCIS error or compelling USCIS interest." Is there any chance your fiance or someone you know filed a request to expedite? Maybe call USCIS and make sure there isn't some sort of confusion.

We did file a request to expedite bc my fiancée is deploying in early June so we need to have the visa before that

Timeline

Just be patient. There are other people who have and are waiting over 6 months for a response.

Guidelines for a petition approval is 5 months, not what VJ says.

I went through this before last year and it took over 6 months for my NOA2. Sit back and hang tight. I've been watching the stats daily - we Jan filers are almost there.

I had my case inquired upon with my congress woman due to the fact this is my second petition. They responded last week with " It takes 5 months to go through from NOA1 to NOA2".

After 6 months is when it's feasible to inquire.

VJ is based on soley the VJ'ers and them updating their timelines - which we all know not everyone does.

Thanks, I know all about the wait time and how long some people have to wait. I know VJ's estimates are estimates. I've been very patient. I haven't considered calling my congressperson because I'm patient, and it hasn't been nearly long enough... Why did you have to petition twice? Were you rejected the first time?

We did file a request to expedite bc my fiancée is deploying in early June so we need to have the visa before that

Oh well then there you go. Looks like they're on it and will accept or reject the request soon enough. Hopefully it gets going quickly! Sorry I don't have anymore answers :/

Edited by mumbles

Timeline

I also wanted to say I was checking other WAC case numbers near my number and NONE have been approved. I changed the last 6 digits and found a few I-129 that were sent in mid Dec that haven't had an update.

Patients - everything happens when it's suppose to. :-)

Just be grateful you are in CSC and not TSC.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

And Here we go again -

Text received 1-15-16

TheaVinga, on 19 Feb 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I see that as a legitimate request. You deserve to be pushed to the front of the line. Good luck and safe travels. Thanks for your service.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thanks, I know all about the wait time and how long some people have to wait. I know VJ's estimates are estimates. I've been very patient. I haven't considered calling my congressperson because I'm patient, and it hasn't been nearly long enough... Why did you have to petition twice? Were you rejected the first time?

Oh well then there you go. Looks like they're on it and will accept or reject the request soon enough. Hopefully it gets going quickly! Sorry I don't have anymore answers :/

Yes we were denied the first time because I wasn't present at the interview and for CUBA - it seems to be necessary to be present or you get denied no matter what. So this go around I will be present for the interview with additional information such as letters from family and friends to vouch for us along with two more trips from the first petition. Funny they even said you both have plenty of evidence but she is not here so we cannot approve it at this time.

They do what they want. They don't care it's not their relationship or lives on the line.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

And Here we go again -

Text received 1-15-16

Timeline

Yes we were denied the first time because I wasn't present at the interview and for CUBA - it seems to be necessary to be present or you get denied no matter what. So this go around I will be present for the interview with additional information such as letters from family and friends to vouch for us along with two more trips from the first petition. Funny they even said you both have plenty of evidence but she is not here so we cannot approve it at this time.

They do what they want. They don't care it's not their relationship or lives on the line.

That's unfortunate. i didn't know some embassies require both to be present. I'm going to the interview with my fiance because I think it helps prove that we're together and it's legitimate. Plus I'm living in Poland with him so why not tag along to the interview?

Timeline

Thank you so much :D and I bet you will get good new very soon

Timeline

I see that as a legitimate request. You deserve to be pushed to the front of the line. Good luck and safe travels. Thanks for your service.

Thank you so much Greenbaum :D I just hope the officer agrees with you. I don't know how hard it is to be expedited bc of deployment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That's unfortunate. i didn't know some embassies require both to be present. I'm going to the interview with my fiance because I think it helps prove that we're together and it's legitimate. Plus I'm living in Poland with him so why not tag along to the interview?

Just be aware that not all embassies allow the petitioner to be present :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.