dwheels76

February 2016 Interviews

847 posts in this topic

Update. Just call NVC and our interview was in fact scheduled today. 02/29 9am at Buenos Aires Embassy!

now starting to prepare all the things to keep them nice and in order ja. also waiting for the letter to schedule medical exam!

good luck to all of you, the ones that has their interview scheduled and the ones that are still waiting.

USC abroad since 1982

Married Argentinian husband in 2010

1st Daughter born 2013 (no CRBA)

2nd Daughter born 2015 (no CRBA)

Visa process 2015

I-130 sent: July 14th (delivered July 17th by DHL)

Checks Cashed: July 22nd

NOA1 received: August 5th via mail - California Service Center

NOA2 received: August 18th via email

NVC Received Package: September 4th.

Got NVC Case Number over the Phone: September 21st.

Paid AoS Bill / Send DS261: September 21st.

Paid IV Bill: October 23rd.

Submitted DS-260: October 30th.

Sent AoS and IV Packages: November 10th.

Received Checklist: December 3rd.

New Scan Date: December 4th.

Case Complete: December 31 (they said the cases were completed since Dec. 17th but something was missing in one of them)

Medical Examination: February 2nd.

Interview Date: February 29th

Visa Issued:

POE:

Update. Just call NVC and our interview was in fact scheduled today. 02/29 9am at Buenos Aires Embassy!

now starting to prepare all the things to keep them nice and in order ja. also waiting for the letter to schedule medical exam!

good luck to all of you, the ones that has their interview scheduled and the ones that are still waiting.

Congratulations on your Interview schedule (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi VJ friends. .... I have a good news..

I had my interview this morning and approved on the spot... visa to be collected by Monday.

It was a very easy interview for me...I was not asked for any documents during pre processing or interview. Even the officer asked me few questions like..

.. is ur wife working?

.. where she lives?

.. is she married before or has children? Wht abt u?

.. did u visit her before or did she?

Then he gave me 3 pages paper with title ..TRAVEL TO USA..and told me to read it at home while typing something on his computer.I was confused and thought that is the sign of approval coz by that time he wasn't even finish the interview... then he congradualation me and told me to collect my visa on Monday.

I am happy to nail up this frustrating process posotively and wanna say thanks a lot to all VJ members as ur support was always with me from the start and wish u all a positive ending.... just keep pushing.... The end is very near.....

Good luck....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had my interview this morning and approved on the spot... visa to be collected by Monday.

It was a very easy interview for me...I was not asked for any documents during pre processing or interview. Even the officer asked me few questions like..

.. is ur wife working?

.. where she lives?

Then he gave me 3 pages paper with title ..TRAVEL TO USA..and told me to read it at home while typing something on his computer.I was confused and thought that is the sign of approval coz by that time he wasn't even finish the interview... then he congradualation me and told me to collect my visa on Monday.

I am happy to nail up this frustrating process posotively and wanna say thanks a lot to all VJ members as ur support was always with me from the start and wish u all a positive ending.... just keep pushing.... The end is very near.....

Good luck....

Congratulations!

Congratulations. I have updated you.

Congratulations. You are updated.

Thanks for updating, dwheels! I checked the spreadsheet and I think the math is wrong under column F for Sohisami (Days from CC to Interview). Just FYI! :)

Quick question...that letter that the applicant has to take to the medical exam--it can just be a printout of the email we receive, right? I don't think it makes sense for me to have to courier her the hard copy I'd receive in the mail in the US (not even sure if the NVC mails out a hard copy--I haven't even received a hard copy of the CC letter yet).

Also, should we have received the interview scheduled email by now, if our interview scheduling date was yesterday?

I-130 Petition sent May 8, 2015 (waited until I naturalized as a US citizen on 4/1/15)
NOA1 date May 11, 2015 (NSC)
NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

Mailed to NVC Sep 21, 2015
NVC Received Sep 9, 2015 <--not sure about this date, I thought maybe it's the welcome letter date?
NVC Case Number Assigned Oct 9, 2015
NVC AoS Invoice online Oct 13, 2015
NVC Selected Agent online Oct 13, 2015
NVC AoS Invoice paid online Oct 14, 2015
NVC AoS Fee marked as paid on CEAC (online) Oct 19, 2015
NVC IV Invoice online Nov 3, 2015
NVC IV Fee Paid Online Nov 3, 2015
NCV IV Fee marked as paid on CEAC (online) Nov, 8 2015
NVC DS 260 Completed Nov 8, 2015
NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed Nov 20, 2015 (confirmed delivery via FedEx)
NVC Case Complete Dec 29, 2015 (confirmed by calling NVC after seeing 3 N/As on CEAC website on 12/30/2015)
NVC Case Complete email received on Jan 5, 2016
NVC Interview date scheduled on Jan 11, 2016 (confirmed by calling NVC)

Embassy:
Interview date: Feb 10, 2016

Decision: Approved

Estimated passport return date: Feb 29, 2016

.. is ur wife working?

.. where she lives?

Good luck....

Congratulations M.B I'm happy for you ..

Alhamdulillah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used option 7 and I called 3 times last week and then again yesterday.

Don't let the representative discourage you from calling. I had a couple of unhelpful ones, but for the most part they are nice. That's what they are there for, to answer your questions and help you.

Thank you very much!

11/17/2013: Our first date
07/18/2014: We moved in together s2
08/23/2014: Got married
Nov./2014: Sent AOS packages (I was living in the US)
Dec. 2014: Biometrics (didn´t go through)
Jan. 2015: Biometrics for the second time (didn´t go through again)
Feb. 2015: Biometric for the third time!!!!! (it went through this time)
03/06/2015: Interview scheduled ----> didn´t happen due to inclement weather
05/13/2015: I returned to Brazil :´(
06/19/2015: Our former AOS + I-130 were denied
08/14/2015: We filed our new I-130 for CR-1 visa
08/18/2015: Received receipt by mail - Routed to CSC
10/07/2015: NOA2
10/28/2015: NVC Received
11/18/2015: Case number + IIN over the phone
11/19/2015: Received AOS Bill
11/19/2015: Submitted DS-261
11/20/2015: Paid AOS Fee
11/24/2015: Reviewed DS-261 over the phone + unlocked IV fee bill
11/25/2015: Paid IV fee bill
11/30/2015: Mailed AOS and IV packages
12/03/2015: IV fee showed paid
12/03/2015: Filled out and submitted DS-260
12/02/2015: Scan date
12/07/2015: Received email about scan date
12/31/2015: New email, same scan date
01/11/2016: Case Complete at NVC
01/13/2016: Interview appointment letter by email
01/27/2016: Medical exam in Rio
02/26/2016: Interview in Rio de Janeiro
03/05/2016: Arrived to the US
04/25/2016: Green Card came in the mail...Thank God, we are done for now.

event.png
event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ,

After following the forum for several months, I've decided to post my frustration as many of you might be travelling in the same boat as me. We've submitted the documents to NVC on the 15th of October and received a checklist on the 15th of November. The checklist is very unreasonable and it shows the lack of knowledge of people working at NVC. The person who reviewed my documents expected my birth and marriage certificates to be translated documents and they were requesting for originals. But the truth is, my country(India) issues all certificates in English and these are not translated documents. I currently reside in the UK and these documents were previously accepted for immigration purposes. I've tried to covey this message to the supervisors at NVC from the past 45 days and no one seems to be bothered. On the 24th of November my husband has sent the documents again as some one at the Call Center told him that sending them again will resolve the checklist faster. But this is totally untrue and I've been waiting from 45 days and they haven't reviewed our documents yet. It was escalated to a supervisor on the 8th of January and they were quoting 42 days from that day. I'm so frustrated because I've called every single day like a fool to convey that simple message that our country issues these documents in English. I was on the phone with them for 2 hours everyday. But nothing has happened. Our checklist scan date was 24th of November. Did anyone have their cases complete whose scan dates were 24th of Nov or after?

Edited by kk1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have kept you busy! thanks for all you do and for sharing knowledge, it sure makes a big impact in our journey.

Blessings...

Awwwww Thank you. It's my pleasure. (L):goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Can you update my CC date? NVC said today it was actually completed on 1/5 ?

Oh Okay. I have updated and moved you. Congratulations.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Thanks for updating, dwheels! I checked the spreadsheet and I think the math is wrong under column F for Sohisami (Days from CC to Interview). Just FYI! :)

Quick question...that letter that the applicant has to take to the medical exam--it can just be a printout of the email we receive, right? I don't think it makes sense for me to have to courier her the hard copy I'd receive in the mail in the US (not even sure if the NVC mails out a hard copy--I haven't even received a hard copy of the CC letter yet).

Also, should we have received the interview scheduled email by now, if our interview scheduling date was yesterday?

Hi.

Just the printout of the P4 letter would be enough. In my country they require 10 photos to the medical checkup. You should lookup what to take it with you to the medical in your country though.

Also check the ceac status to see if your case packet has left the NVC.

from cc within a week they assign an interview date.

Timeline

i have been calling and i just got off the phone some few minutes ago.. and the rep told me same thing.. we will contact you when an interview is set for you.. the petitioner is a US citizen.... please what more can i do at this stage.... am so worried

You need to get on the phone and demand to talk to a supervisor. If that doesn't work tomorrow call your Senator. Ca you tell me what happened after your approval and why it took 7 months from NOA2 to get to NVC. Seems there's some weirdness going on with your petition. I mean good grief you filed in 2014 (1 1/2 years ago for those who haven;t checkout the timeline).

Don;t stop until you get answers.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

.. is ur wife working?

.. where she lives?

Good luck....

Alright M.B. Congratulations. Great to hear. :goofy:

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Congratulations. I changed your CC as you said in your timeline. Glad you got your date. That's all that matters.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up. The calculating in F is acting cray cray today.

No not the printout of the email. The PDF that's attached is the Interview letter you need that for medical and to get in embassy.

When you receive the P4 letter it will be email not hard copy. It usually comes within 2 to 3 days from scheduling. Just hang on.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.