JayT80

Whats next after my wife and child got their visa? Ir1/2

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

do they both have their packets in hand? if you want you can pay the $165 for each of them for the physical green card that they will get once they are here

and also you can now buy them the ticket if they have the packet in hand

Timeline

hi

I think so, I forgot they are from the Phiippines

I think they have to go to the cfo seminar and get the sticker to travel, or did they already do that? someone with more knowledge will help you

Do they still need to go on pdos or any seminar? The consul didnt mentioned anything about that

Do they still need to go on pdos or any seminar? The consul didnt mentioned anything about that

They'll need to attend a seminar at the CFO. You'll need to register online before you can attend.

This link has all the information you'll need.

I-612 Waiver of J1 Two Year Rule
12/31/2011 - Wife Entered U.S. on J-1 visa, Foreign Residence Requirement Applies
9/28/2013 - Married in the U.S.
7/23/2014 - NOA1 form I-612 for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (Basis: Extreme Hardship)
8/8/2014 - RFE Received
11/14/2014 - NOA2 I-612 Waiver Denied, Could not establish hardship
12/15/2014 - Sent another I-612 packet to U.S. Dept of state (Basis: No-Objection Statement)
12/15/2014 - Sent in application to Philippines Govt. for No-Objection Statement
1/14/2015 - No Objection Statement granted
4 months of waiting - The Philippines Govt. forgot about us!!!!
5/8/2015 - After multiple calls and emails the No Objection Statement was finally transmitted to DOS
6/4/2015 - I-612 Waiver APPROVED!

IR-1 Visa
6/3/2015 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Locbox
6/4/2015 - NOA1
108 Days of waiting
9/22/2015 - NOA2
9/24/2015 - Case sent to NVC
10/1/2015 - Case received at NVC
10/14/2015 - Case number assigned
10/15/2015 - AOS Fee Paid online
10/19/2015 - CEAC AOS Fee status changed to "Paid" - AOS and IV packets sent to NVC
10/27/2015 - DS-261 was reviewed over the phone
10/29/2015 - DS-261 confirmed complete (over phone) and IV Bill Received - Paid online immediately "In Process"
10/30/2015 - Scan Date
11/2/2015 - IV Bill marked "Paid" and DS-260 completed

12/4/2015 - Case Complete (need to bring 1 corrected doc to Embassy)

1/6/15 - Medical Exam Complete

1/19/2015 - Interview Date

1/22/2015 - Visa Received (yellow envelope damaged)

Thank you guys, but how come the us embassy during/after the interview didn't informed them anything about this?

The embassy didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with the US Embassy, it is all with the Philippine government.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with the US Embassy, it is all with the Philippine government.

Is it required before going to the US? So they're gonna stamp it on the passport? Does my child needs to go too?

How old is your child? Under a certain age they need not attend the CFO brief in person but still need to register with them. Your wife can do that. Make sure she takes the same documents for your child as she will have for herself, including the child's passport. Older children (age?) need to attend a briefing geared towards them.

Recently people were posting that first available seats were in late Jan. Unless you attend in Cebu.

Don't book tickets until after the cfo seminar date is scheduled.

Here's the link to the ELIS website where you will have to pat $165 each for green card processing.: https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/cislogin/

Have about P5000 on hand in case your family needs to pay terminal fees and exit taxes at NAIA. If not used send it home in the first balikbayan box, haha. If you are not accompanying them I'd suggest at least $100 to cover possible delays enroute.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Is it required before going to the US? So they're gonna stamp it on the passport? Does my child needs to go too?

Yes, the Philippine government requires it to be done before they are allowed to leave the country.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

They already passed their interview and recently got their visa, where can i find the info after this? Should i just buy the plane ticket?

CFO is next. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2334:frequently-asked-questions-on-cfo-guidance-and-counseling-program&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

Your wife and the child need the CFO sticker in their passports.

The child if 12 years of age or under only needs to be registered and receives the sticker, no seminar is needed.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2834:rar-pdos-press-release&catid=108:cfo-press-release&Itemid=839

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

do they both have their packets in hand? if you want you can pay the $165 for each of them for the physical green card that they will get once they are here

and also you can now buy them the ticket if they have the packet in hand

I thought its already included on the fee that i paid? So its not automatically send when they gets here?

Thank you

Edited by JayT80

Timeline

I thought its already included on the fee that i paid? So its not automatically send when they gets here?

Thank youit

no,

all the fees you paid are to get the visa, since these last few years, if you do consular processing you have to pay a separate fee to get the physical green card, when it used to be free

it is always better to pay it while they are in their country, but if you don't have the money, you can pay it once they're here, but the later you pay it, the later they will get the GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.