LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Guess what, folks? We are STILL waiting for approval.

My heart is in my throat most of this week as I THINK this is the week they should finally send us the approval. But I can't be sure - of course, none of us can be on this journey. So just wanted to let you all know. I'm more than eager to get back to America. Please say a prayer or anything you believe in to help us get his visa this week.

The US consulate has his passport now along with the last batch of papers they asked for. I don't feel like getting into all the details as I already run them through my head on a daily basis! But the last e-mail I got from them said "send in the form along with his passport" which makes me believe the case is approved now once they got that. And they got it on Nov 28th.

When I checked the status on-line it seems like our case was updated on the 28th of Nov then again on the 5th of December so I'm HOPING that means all is flowing along and it's just the logistics of printing the visa, preparing the package for us. I HOPE SO!!!! I keep telling myself that no news is good news. My hands are almost shaking every time I get a notification of a new e-mail. Nerve wracking! I just want to get this moving abroad show on the road finally! Thanks for listening! :) Blanche

Guess what, folks? We are STILL waiting for approval.

My heart is in my throat most of this week as I THINK this is the week they should finally send us the approval. But I can't be sure - of course, none of us can be on this journey. So just wanted to let you all know. I'm more than eager to get back to America. Please say a prayer or anything you believe in to help us get his visa this week.

The US consulate has his passport now along with the last batch of papers they asked for. I don't feel like getting into all the details as I already run them through my head on a daily basis! But the last e-mail I got from them said "send in the form along with his passport" which makes me believe the case is approved now once they got that. And they got it on Nov 28th.

When I checked the status on-line it seems like our case was updated on the 28th of Nov then again on the 5th of December so I'm HOPING that means all is flowing along and it's just the logistics of printing the visa, preparing the package for us. I HOPE SO!!!! I keep telling myself that no news is good news. My hands are almost shaking every time I get a notification of a new e-mail. Nerve wracking! I just want to get this moving abroad show on the road finally! Thanks for listening! :) Blanche

Well Blanche, sorry to hear you are still waiting for that approval. There are a few of us still in the same boat. Me, I went to Latvia to be with my wife and help her get the IV documents, because she is sick, only to find myself in an icy ditch, in Riga, with a broken hip bone and out of the hospital by Monday. We all go through the pains to get to the promised land. But in the end it will all be worth it, and the pains will be long gone history!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Oh my goodness! Broken hip! Yes, that is definitely painful. Hope you have a smooth recovery. Still no news on my end.

Well the good thing is I'll be recovering with my wife for a month! Hope you finally get home, probably won't recognize it though, a lot has changed in a decade!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WOW!!!! LookyWhatIFound and Blanche, all of that is shocking to hear. Well me and husband is still on this rocky roller coaster as well. He went for his interview on the 29th of Nov and we got a delay. My husband ddnt give our cosponsors I-864 to the guy and the guy ddnt ask for it either smh. So we had to send it all in last Friday and he is supposed to go pick his passport up on Monday (FINGERS CROSSED). But the medical ppl have been a bunch butts this last month. If it's not one thing it's a another. We just praying like crazy his visa stamp will be in his passport Monday cause he has a ticket to come on Thursday.#SoNervous ????

Edited by Ms.F.Brown

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wife was approved!!! OC just asking 2 simple question and they were joking/laugh around with the wife and the translater! Since my case is easy because I have a kids with USA Citizen!!

Timeline

Mrs. Brown - how do you know that he'll be able to pick up his passport on that day? We didn't hear a thing from the Consulate yet. I hope all goes well for him/you and that he's on that plane on Thursday!

The reason our case has been delayed is because at the interview on Sept 22nd, they said he was approve BUT they needed 'proof of domicile' from me which I had totally forgotten about when I sent him on the interview. I thought I had everything covered for him but obviously not.

They also didn't think his military certificate was valid so they asked for a new one.

And the real delay came from us trying to be exempt from the Affidavit of Support. We lived already in America for 13 years and he was a valid green card holder. He worked and I worked and we contributed to Social Security. In the law I found, it said that if you can claim 40 social security credits (you can combine them, too, if you were married while you earned them) then you don't need a sponsor. So I looked around on-line a lot and was SURE that we qualified. Got both of our SS documents together to prove it, etc. BUT then the consular officer sent us an email on Nov 8th saying:

"The law you quoted in your letter concerns the period of enforceability, not the underlying obligation. Please note that the petitioner will have to submit a fully completed form I-864 and, as there is no income attributed to petitioner at this time, a joint sponsor will be needed (form I-864 with all supporting documentation).

Also, kindly send in your passport along with the required documents."

So that was very disappointing. If I had the funds to hire an immigration lawyer at that point to FIGHT what they wrote to me, I would have. But of course I don't. Such a bummer. So I went back to my parents in America and asked if they would be the joint sponsor. They agreed and got a transcript of their tax returns. They filled out the form and Fed Ex'd it to me. I got it on Nov 24th and on that same day, sent all the documents, along with my I-864 and copy of passports to the Consulate.

The rec'd it on 11/28. I check 'status of D-260' on a daily basis and on 12/5 it says it was updated but still in Administrative processing.

I was SURE that last week I would get something in the email from them or a notice to go pick it up from the courier but still nothing.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear from them. Today is a regular business day in Israel but it's not for the US Consulate. They keep normal American business hours. So my hope is that ONE day this week, maybe tomorrow, I will hear from them.

It's been 10 business days now that they've had the papers in their hands. I'm so anxious to get moving. And also all of my family are meeting up in Virginia for the holiday's. I haven't seen them all in 7 years so I'm really hoping we will be able to fly there before Christmas.

I don't think there is anything left for me to do other than wait and try to say calm. Any tips, advice, et?

Say a prayer for us, please!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support.

Congrats to you Happy15!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

update from my side
5 months and still no signs of the green card
even though the status says card has been produced and will be sent to your address

after numerous calls and service ticket they told us to wait another 90 days

so frustrating

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

guys i got my greencard in the mail yesterday.

i arrived in USA on 15th September and received my green card 12th December. (total wait time 88 days)

My point of entry was Dublin (There are US Customs in Dublin Airport) but i flew to Chicago.

Edited by dub42

Timeline

Congrats dub42!

Sorry to hear sanil1986 but at least you are THERE! Are you not able to work yet?

Mrs. Brown - will he be on that plane on Thursday?? Hope so!

No news from me. Wrote to the consulate today to bug them. It's been 15 business days. I suppose it should be or could be any day now. Or not, LOL. Ughhhh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey everyone I read and am sending prayers to and for you all.. on my side I have interview date for Jan 14, hubby went to do medical. Baby is growing and is home no more Nicu.... can't wait for them to meet, my son looks just like his dad it's scary.... much love everyone

event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

Congrats dub42!

Sorry to hear sanil1986 but at least you are THERE! Are you not able to work yet?

Mrs. Brown - will he be on that plane on Thursday?? Hope so!

No news from me. Wrote to the consulate today to bug them. It's been 15 business days. I suppose it should be or could be any day now. Or not, LOL. Ughhhh.

Blanche, well it's Thursday and my husband I'd not headed to the airport ?. The medical ppl is BS us around with the medical stuff still. An so because of that it's putting a hold on his visa. They have called him to come back to do more stuff pertaining to the medical smh. So right now at this point we are just sitting and waiting. I find myself checking the DHL page and ceac.state.gov all day long lol. We talked this morning and I told him that so wished he was getting on that plane today. But we're holding on to faith and that God will see us through this crazy maze.

Timeline

Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear Mrs. Brown. I was rooting for you all. Same here - just one disappointment after another. I wrote to our local office the other day and today received a generic reply - saying they are working on it, yadda, yadda - nothing much. I, too, check the ceac status at least 5 times a day, it's just pathetic! I also had dreams this would be over by Christmas. Heck, I thought this would be over this past summer! So many disappointments. I don't think I've had so many disappointments in my whole life! My husband says, sarcastically, that it will make it even sweeter once it happens. Maybe he does believe it, too. Just so tired of this waiting game and not many answers from the other side. I see planes passing by and literally want to be on one of them!

Hey everyone I read and am sending prayers to and for you all.. on my side I have interview date for Jan 14, hubby went to do medical. Baby is growing and is home no more Nicu.... can't wait for them to meet, my son looks just like his dad it's scary.... much love everyone

Thanks for the prayers. We need them! Glad your baby is home now. The newborn stage is so magical and surreal all at once. Hope you have some help. It's not easy to do it all alone. Good luck to you guys with your case, too.

Timeline

Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear Mrs. Brown. I was rooting for you all. Same here - just one disappointment after another. I wrote to our local office the other day and today received a generic reply - saying they are working on it, yadda, yadda - nothing much. I, too, check the ceac status at least 5 times a day, it's just pathetic! I also had dreams this would be over by Christmas. Heck, I thought this would be over this past summer! So many disappointments. I don't think I've had so many disappointments in my whole life! My husband says, sarcastically, that it will make it even sweeter once it happens. Maybe he does believe it, too. Just so tired of this waiting game and not many answers from the other side. I see planes passing by and literally want to be on one of them!

Yes I've been getting notifications all day abt his flight. It just saddens my heart and mind that he's not on it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions of today lol. But you said you contacted your your local office. Which office was that??? Congress or Visa???

Timeline

Yes I've been getting notifications all day abt his flight. It just saddens my heart and mind that he's not on it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions of today lol. But you said you contacted your your local office. Which office was that??? Congress or Visa???

Oh dear, I can only imagine how frustrating that must feel.

I simply wrote an email to the Consulate here. It's the office that's handling our case. Still no news. For two weeks now I've been telling myself, 'any day now, any day now' .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.