1,055 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Sandra, since I got my GC thru Vawa a few months ago I left the country 4 times and upon my return I have been sent to secondary inspection all 4 times. The officers only take a look at my documents for 2-5 minutes and then release me, but sometime I only get to see an officer after waiting for almost an hour depending on how many people are in front of me. I asked one of the officers why this is happening and he told me that my GC is flagged. Huh, flagged???

I have booked an infopass appointment to find out what the problem is, but I'd like to know what else I can I do to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Even a US Citizen often travelling abroad they may refer for a secondary inspection,I saw this happening a few times. A friend of mine she is a US Citizen and they referred her for a secondary inspection several times. It's just for security purposes, nothing else.

You got your GC a few months ago and travelled abroad 4 times, probably they flagged your GC because you are in and out of the Country a lot .

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Even a US Citizen often travelling abroad they may refer for a secondary inspection,I saw this happening a few times. A friend of mine she is a US Citizen and they referred her for a secondary inspection several times. It's just for security purposes, nothing else.

You got your GC a few months ago and travelled abroad 4 times, probably they flagged your GC because you are in and out of the Country a lot .

I'm from canada, it's the neighboring country to the north, my birth city is 30 mins from the USA by car, one of my birth cities airports is in the USA so I went thru the border twice in 1 day to pick up friends. When I crossed the border, the officer told me that my GC was flagged and I will have to go through secondary inspection EVERYTIME I come back into the US unless I write to USCIS or make an infopass appointment. Let me know if you ever heard of something like that? And how do you think I should proceed?

I'm from canada, it's the neighboring country to the north, my birth city is 30 mins from the USA by car, one of my birth cities airports is in the USA so I went thru the border twice in 1 day to pick up friends. When I crossed the border, the officer told me that my GC was flagged and I will have to go through secondary inspection EVERYTIME I come back into the US unless I write to USCIS or make an infopass appointment. Let me know if you ever heard of something like that? And how do you think I should proceed?

Look up this link for redress: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/11/~/frequently-stopped-for-questioning-and-inspection-when-clearing-customs-and

Timeline

Thank you for the link, I had read about "DHS TRIP" in the past. Before I use this service I would like try to find a solution to this problem without being assigned a redress number. Hopefully I can find a solution during my infopass appointment.

Hello all here is my timeline thus far. This site has kept my faith, prayers and hope going and I thank you all. It helps when you're in this situation and all you have is God - that this site also show others are in the same position going through the same struggle.

March 24 2016 - i360, G28, i765 received

April 8th 2016 - i797C NOA1 for i360 and i765 and - USCIS decided to return my money order of $465 for the i765 filing fee!!!

April 14 2016 (date that i received this physical mail)

I have not yet applied for my i485 - as my lawyer indicated its best to wait for an approved i360 and then file the i485.

I hope and pray that my Biometrics comes next and an EAD so I can support myself finally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

March 24th...They sent me an email about my vawa approval.....

But until now i didnt get anything in the mail......

And when i check online ""they didnt update it yet abt the approval""

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, folks my Gospel Web Radio Program today will be about domestic violence and psychological abuse.I will discuss "red flags" in abusive relationships,and I will interview one victim of domestic violence. All abusers have red flags, It's never the victims fault to be abused, but you need to watch for red flags.Almost 25 years working with victims of DV I saw the same pattern in all abusers.

My program in English is every Saturday at 4pm (Eastern time) .I saw many people from VJ abused,they had the VAWA approved, remarried and many were abused again.It seems some people can't identify red flags.

http://livingwatergospelradio.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Sandra,Pls I don't know where to start from.I came with k 1 visa,got married within 90days,filed for employment authorization and AOS.I ve done finger print ,my ex was asked to submit affidavit of support within 87days which has passed.am a victim of DV and my ex siezed all my immigration documents and probable my work permit too.wat do I do

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJ family,

I got my interview for my GC interview next month 26th, but my husband will not be attending. I have everything already, just waiting on my psychological evaluation which will also include my therapy sessions. I should be getting everything in about a week to two weeks. As soon as I get everything I will mail out my VAWA packet. What happens and what do I do if I send my VAWA but haven't received a receipt number from USCIS before my GC interview on May 26th? I plan to go to the interview and ask them to put the interview on hold after VAWA approval. Also, another question... do I have to submit a copy of the form I-485 AOS that my husband and I submitted along with my VAWA application? Any final advice???

Thank you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi!

Thank you for all your support! My attorney finally sent me all my documentation and she did request for USCIS to use my previous priority date and my current AOS case when we filled the i-360. My attorney has told me that we will be renewing my EAD based on the VAWA case using the original priority date now that my I-130 has been substituted with my i-360.

My question is the following: My ex has threatened to withdraw the support for the i-130 so that I will lose my EAD immediately and won't be able to renew it. This is very scary because It is my livelihood and I cannot lose my job. Can my ex really do that? or since the i-360 has been filled and USCIS has been notified of my previous case, can I keep on going business as usual even if my ex withdraws support? Would I lose my EAD and have to file another AOS and file for EAD?

I am thinking that it should not matter now that my attorney filed the VAWA case, correct?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Fear not. Your ex cant do ! uSCiS will not do any business with him as long as you have documented him as the abuser. You EAD will be renewed smoothly. I went thru this same mess and my ex was jus barking but couldnt bite. Abusive people are barking dogs. They cant do . They cant bite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.