1,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

For medication costs your best resource is the pharmacist. You can ask about generic options. They also have access to coupons and rebates from manufacturers. This can significantly reduce the costs. A good pharmacist will know whats currently offered and enter it in for you.

There are also free prescription discount plans available like Good RX - http://www.goodrx.com/ There you can find the lowest price based on location using their discount codes at the pharmacy.

There are no GENERIC insulin please diabetics do not fall for this, ADA has said over and over THERE ARE NO generic insulin that's safe

if you are undocumented get into your local hospital clinics, from there you will pay a fee at the pharmacy based on your paystub or financial

burdens...MA=Mass-health, NY- Queens gen'l or Kings county , LA Shreveport/Baton Rouge health clinics pharmacy, Texas Houston=Gold card

I am a certifies diabetic counselor and advocate...Insulin requires prescriptions also needles. Walk into a regular pharmacy it is expensive,

getting on the LILLY program can help, the doctor signs the application, you must have a valid SS or tax ID # on it and the insulin is sent quarterly

to your doctor for you to pick up

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Sandra and Houston8

I just found out that my lawyer was sent to rehab due to use and or sell drug.

But thanks to Sandra's guide, I did info pass and sent written request to NBC, they sent me a RFE on 03/23 and I have another 87 days to submit my evidence.

They just need the English translation of my birth certificate.

Can I translate it myself and notarize it or I have to have it translated by someone else?

Is it required special notary service or any regular notary service?

Thank you and good luck to you all in this forum.

Linh

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Luckycleef, it probably depends on the state you live in. I was trying to apply for DL or ID in PA with VAWA approval and deferred action but got rejected. I had to wait for EAD card. With EAD I renewed my DL without any problems. I think you can definately try. Maybe it is different in your state.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys.... is that possible to apply for driver license with my approval letter??????

Get your EAD, with it and a social security number, you can go to the NYC dmv and get a license.

Filed: Timeline

I'm new to this forum. The question i have is: I have i-130/i-485 pending but planning to file I-360 (vawa) because i can not bear the psychological, emotional and sexual abuse from my U.S. citizen spouse anymore. At the same time, I want to change my name through the court as well (for religious reason). I wonder if I can take the court order of name change to my I-485 Interview (based on i-360) to have my new name on the green card if it gets approved, or do I need to wait to get the green card (again if it get approved), then file a replacement of the green card with my new name. Thank you

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Linh Luong,

I am sorry to learn about the case of the lawyer. It is good you found out about the lawyer problems. It seems your RFE is pretty simple. I have never done any translation for official documents. Since it is birth certificate, I assume you may do the translation yourself and have it notarized. I usually have documents notarized at UPS office for less than $10. Alternatively you can use a translator service if you can afford it. I assume it should not cost more than $50 for a birth certificate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I translate it myself and notarize it or I have to have it translated by someone else?

Is it required special notary service or any regular notary service?

Linh

Get it translated by anyone that speak both languages, a friend or a family member. It does not need to be a professional and does not need to be notarized.

The translator does not require any training or certification. According to USCIS,

http://www.uscis.gov...0000ecd190aRCRD

the translator only includes the statement below.

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Sandra, I have a very urgent question and hope you can help me. I'm in the process of applying for vawa (working on witness statement, psychological evaluation, etc.) it ll take at least a month before I can submit the I-360 period. Meanwhile, I have a I-130/i485 (filed with me abusive spouse) pending and I just found out the interview is scheduled for next month. I wonder what I should do now. Should I reschedule the interview so that I ll have time to file vawa?

Timeline

Hi Linh Luong,

I am sorry to learn about the case of the lawyer. It is good you found out about the lawyer problems. It seems your RFE is pretty simple. I have never done any translation for official documents. Since it is birth certificate, I assume you may do the translation yourself and have it notarized. I usually have documents notarized at UPS office for less than $10. Alternatively you can use a translator service if you can afford it. I assume it should not cost more than $50 for a birth certificate.

Thank you Houston8 for your reply.

I sent out my birth certificate with translation from my friend and a notarized certificate of acuration and USCIS received it today. The case status online was updated to "received respond to RFE".

Thanks to Sandra and your fast reply.

I will post my timeline tonight.

Get it translated by anyone that speak both languages, a friend or a family member. It does not need to be a professional and does not need to be notarized.

The translator does not require any training or certification. According to USCIS,

http://www.uscis.gov...0000ecd190aRCRD

the translator only includes the statement below.

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Thank you

Linh Luong

Lihn I sent you a pm.

Thank you Sandra

Timeline

here is my timeline. Hope this helps.

06/23/2015: application was delivered to USCIS

06/25/2015: receipts sent

07/02/2015: prima facie sent

07/21/2015: first call to USCIS to request EAD expedite

07/31/2015: biometric done

08/24/2015: call USCIS 2nd time for EAD expedite

09/10/2015: EAD/AP card in production

09/05/2015: EAD/AP was mailed out

09/16/2015: EAD/AP was delivered at lawyer's office

09/23/2015: received EAD/AP card and started working

11/9/2015: vawa was approved and approval notice was sent out

11/25/2015: I485 transferred to NBC

12/10/2015: RFE was sent

01/04/2016: info pass appointment because didn't receive RFE from lawyer, can't contact him

02/02/2016: saw new lawyer. She sent e-request for RFE

03/02/2016: knew that previous lawyer was in rehab

03/03/2016: went to an info pass to request for RFE again. The officer printed out a letter which was sent to my previous lawyer and i didn't receive said i needed to send request in written.

03/04/2016: wrote a letter to NBC center, request for RFE. attached was electric city bill and water bill of new address (so they know that is a correct address)

03/24/2016: RFE was sent to new address

03/29/2016: RFE received and respond sent

04/01/2016: respond to RFE was delivered and status updated to "we received your response to RFE for form I485. Our NBC office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something form you. ...."

Edited by Linh Luong

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Vawa family,

I have wrote on here a few times already. I have my i-130 and i-485 pending through my husband based on marriage, I also have my DACA still valid till September 2016. I am collecting all documents to file VAWA (i-136) as of right now I have the following:

- Marriage certificate, have been married to my husband since 2/11/2012

- Copy of Husbands birth certificate and passport

- Lots and Lots of pictures since we started dating, trips we did together, get together, wedding, and random pics of us, and holiday pics.

- Bills such as: Rental lease, phone bills, health insurance, dental insurance, flying benefits from his work, bank accounts, and Taxes.

- I already went to see a Pyschologist and had a psychological evaluation done. I showed the Psychologist audio tapes of how badly and poorly my husband treats and talks to me. So I should be getting my Psychological evaluation this week. ( I have suffered emotional and psychological abuse from my husband only, for many years.)

So these are the only items I have, I am missing the local and state police clearance to show that I'm a person of good moral, but I am in the process of getting the police clearance. Other then that, thats all I have. Am I missing something else guys?? Should I gather more evidence before I apply for VAWA?

• You are married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident abuser
      • You have been abused by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse
  • You entered into the marriage in good faith, not solely for immigration benefits.
  • You have resided with your spouse.
  • You are a person of good moral character.

Also please advice me on what to do on my i-485 AOS interview thats still pending? I have a feeling that I will get an interview notice for my interview by mid April of this month due to processing times on USCIS website. My husband already said he will not be going to the interview at all and keeps saying he will cancel it which he hasn't yet. What do I do so I don't have to file another i-485. Please advice, I feel like time is closing in on me. Also, I think I will have to re-apply for my DACA in case VAWA takes a long time for approval.

What do you guys think? Please advice.

Mosby If your overstay in the United States was for less than six months (180 days) then you will not have problem to reenter in the USA.If you overstayed for more than 180 days then you will have a ban.Once you leave you will have the ban,no matter what.

Appreciate the help from Sandra and members !

I am in process of putting together my affidavit.

Could you please help me with any tips, any format, what details i would need to include etc...

Thanks!

Edited by VWhope2016

Lihn I sent you a pm.

DEAR SANDRA

I GOT MY 10 YEARS GREEN CARD THROUGH VAWA

SO I SUBMITTED I 864 W NOT I 864

NOW I AM GETTING MY 2 KIDS 13 11 YEARS OLD AS FOLLOW TO JOIN THROUGH NVC

DO I HAVE TO FILE I 864 ???

OR JUST I 864W FOR MY 2 KIDS

THANK YOU

Edited by hopeholder5922323

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.