We Keep Receipts

Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

72 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday to block all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His message comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," Trump said in a statement. "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If Trump running was a joke, it's no longer funny.

What's interesting is, this attack is all it took to have a presidential candidate say we need to ban Muslims. But we can't have a discussion about guns when mass shootings happen almost every week.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I wonder what the litmus test will be to determine who is and who isn't a Muslim.

IF I were a radical (fill in the blank) extremist, I'd claim (fill in the blank) when I'd actually be a (fill in the blank)

My guess? They're targeting the folks who look Muslimy. Men who are clearly of Middle Eastern descent and women who wear Hijabs.

Edited by Stay Woke

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My guess? They're targeting the folks who look Muslimy. Men who are clearly of Middle Eastern descent and women who wear Hijabs.

And frankly, that should be concerning to everyone at the very least.

Yes, Muslamic looking. (Tongue in cheek)

It does beg the question though, what do men who are clearly of Middle Eastern descent look like? I know many of the stereotypes, but what are your thoughts?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All houses of worship not just mosques should welcome government scrutiny IMO. What is there to hide if love is preached.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

All houses of worship not just mosques should welcome government scrutiny IMO. What is there to hide if love is preached.

Define scrutiny? Wire taps on priests? Snitch alterboys? Hidden camera in the pews?

And frankly, that should be concerning to everyone at the very least.

Yes, Muslamic looking. (Tongue in cheek)

It does beg the question though, what do men who are clearly of Middle Eastern descent look like? I know many of the stereotypes, but what are your thoughts?

Well, to be frank, I think this is going to be anyone who can't be identified right off the bat. If you can't be labeled as black, white, Asian, or Hispanic, there's going to be some concern. This is why Sikh get confused with Muslims all the time.

Religious freedom. No house of worship should be monitored.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I wonder what the litmus test will be to determine who is and who isn't a Muslim.

Anyone who refuses to eat a bacon sandwich can't come in.

Jews and vegetarians can apply for an exemption!

Why stop there? Schools and workplaces next.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

Define scrutiny? Wire taps on priests? Snitch alterboys? Hidden camera in the pews?

Attend the services and listen. Plus it will create more jobs as you will need folks to attend and report. Then no group can claim the are being singled out IMO.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Anyone who refuses to eat a bacon sandwich can't come in.

Jews and vegetarians can apply for an exemption!

Why stop there? Schools and workplaces next.

Toilets, restrooms, zoos, included. Laughable

Timeline

Well, to be frank, I think this is going to be anyone who can't be identified right off the bat. If you can't be labeled as black, white, Asian, or Hispanic, there's going to be some concern. This is why Sikh get confused with Muslims all the time.

Religious freedom. No house of worship should be monitored.

The right to own arms has restrictions with it.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012