C&I

December 2015 filers

252 posts in this topic

You will still have it while you have the EAD, I only got my SS card while on OPT after I received the EAD. I even renewed my SS card when I married a USC and it says the same thing. I assume it will not be removed till you apply for a new card with your green card when you receive it. It has never been an issue having it on there for me, all employers are about is that you have permission to work.

Correct. I received my first SSN card when I had my EAD, and it said valid for work only with DHS authorization. I was able to get it removed once my green card came in the mail.

The only drawback to having that on there, is that when you get a job and fill out the I-9, you must provide the EAD (or another visa allowing you to work), or green card. If your SSN card is unrestricted, meaning it only has your name and number on it, you can show the SSN card and drivers license for the I-9 card, and not worry about other immigration documents.

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

07/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

08/01/17 - Package delivered to CSC

08/05/17 - NOA1 received by US mail

08/10/18 - Rec'd new NOA1 with 18 month extension instead of 12 months

10/15/18 - Case transferred to Nebraska

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Still waiting for our interview to be scheduled :(

AOS Timeline

11/29/2015 - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765 concurrent AOS filing to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

12/02/2015 - AOS packet Delivered to USCIS via USPS

12/08/2015 - Received 3 NOA text messages from USICS at 11:25 PM / $420 and $1070 checks cleared

12/12/2015 - Hard Copy of NOA received in the mail for the I-765 and I-485

12/31/2015 - RFIE - Request for Initial Evidence

01/05/2016 - Biometrics Appointment

01/10/2016 - Received RFIE - requesting proof of I-130 sponsor being US Citizen

01/12/2016 - FedEx RFIE Response

01/14/2016 - USCIS received RFIE Response

01/27/2016 - Ready to be scheduled for INTERVIEW

02/16/2016 - NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED / I-765 Case Approved

02/19/2016 - NOA2 Approval for I-765 received / EAD Card was mailed

02/23/2016 - EAD Card arrived today via Priority Mail

11/02/2016 - Interview Scheduled for 12/01/2016 !!!

12/01/2016 - Interview date (Interview cancelled on 11/18/2016)

01/12/2017 - ACTUAL INTERVIEW IN ST. Louis (need to get new medical submitted)

01/19/2017 - New medical dropped off at USCIS & CASE APPROVED ! I-485 & I-130

01/25/2017 - GREEN CARD IN HAND! - DONE!!!!!!!

ROC Timeline

11/25/2018 - Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas address

11/28/2018 - I-751 packet showing as DELIVERED to USCIS in Dallas

12/04/2018 - Check cashed 

12/19/2018 - I797 NOA received in the mail (18 month extension) - Vermont Service Center

12/24/2018 - Biometrics Letter Received (appointment in early January)

01/03/2018 - Biometrics complete

12/17/2019 - New Card is Being Produced (approval following day and card mailed on 12/20)

12/23/2019 - 10 Year Green Card DELIVERED !!! 

My wife received her EAD/AP and SS card already but our case has still not moved to "Ready to be scheduled for interview". Our case was submitted December 21st and we received our first NOA on January 6, 2016. The last update for the I-130 and I-485 was that the fingerprint fee was approved 1/4/2016. Should we be worried that there has been no movement to the "Ready" stage since the bio appointment on 1/23/16?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi December filers,

How is the process going for everyone?

A lot happened on my side lately as I found a job (I could start with my EAD without any issues), we moved and ... I got my Green Card!

Our interview was 1 week ago and was not what we thought it would be. We got separeted at the beginning of the interview. The officer first interrogated me for 30 minutes, then my husband. I was not expecting being separated from him for the interview! I read that's what they call a stoke interview and means they have doubts about the relationship!! Crazy but I guess you never know what can happen during this process. Although we were separated for the interview, it didn't stress me out because there was no reason to be scared when you have nothing to hide!

The questions were a lot about our relationship, our apartment, our wedding etc. Here is a list of the questions that I remember, if this can help:

- What will you do in case you get denied? Do you go back to your country or do you refill?

- When did you meet him? Where? How?

- How did you keep contact during all of these years?

- How would you visit him and when?

- When did you get married and where?

- Who witnessed your wedding? Where do the witnesses live?

- Who participated to your wedding?

- What did you do after the ceremony?

- Who came to the reception?

- Did you have a honeymoon?

- What is your date of birth?

- What is your address?

- When di you meet him? (again)

- What is your mother-in-law maiden name?

- What is your father-in-law name?

- What is your husband's phone number? (i couldn't tell... just the first and last numbers - sorry all my numbers are registered in my phone!)

- What is your date of birth? (again)

- When did you get engaged?

- When your relationship start to be romantic?

- Who proposed? Where?

- Where did your husband study?

- Where does he work? Working schedule? How much does he make? How much did he make last year?

- Who pays the bills? Online or by check?

- What is the name of your landlord? Where does he live? <_<

- Which days are garbage days in your building?

- What is the first thing you see when you enter the building?

- The colours of the building doors?

- Furnitures in your bedrooms? How many rooms?

My husband got the same questions and gave the same answers as I did, maybe with a few differences. It is a bit difficult to give the exact same answers to some questions. For example, the officer asked me if we had a honeymoon, I said no, probably next year after our religious wedding. My husband said no but we are going to Florida in May :rolleyes: (which will be kind of our little honeymoon). Anyway... it is a bit tricky.

FYI, we prepared all the documentations asked in their letter. They didn't ask for ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS!! No taxes, no proofs of bonafide marriage, no nothing! That surprised me but better be prepared!

She just asked wedding pictures to my husband.

At the end, she said that if we were approved, we would receive the green card after 2-4 weeks, if they need more evidence (which they didn't ask for) they would contact us and if we were denied, we would be informed by mail.

1 hour after the interview, our status changed to Case approved. A few hours later, our status changed to New card in production.

Yesterday (6 days after the interview) I received my Green card in the mail!! Beyond happy! Overall, it was very fast but with a tricky interview. I guess all experiences are different so be confident and ready!

12.03.2015 - Sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago

12.06.2015 - Package delivered

12.14.2015 - Text received from USCIS; case received

12.17.2015 - NOAs received on my birthday! :)

01.07.2016 - Appointment for biometrics

01.11.2016 - Form I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview

02.17.2016 - EAD/AP approved

02.24.2016 - EAD/AP arrived today

03.18.2016 - Notice for interview scheduled April 20, 2016

04.20.2016 - Green Card Interview

04.26.2016 - Green Card received

End of this journey!

01.2018 - Sent I-751 - 10-year Green Card package

04.25.2019 - I-751 approved 

#prayingformyGC

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi December filers,

How is the process going for everyone?

A lot happened on my side lately as I found a job (I could start with my EAD without any issues), we moved and ... I got my Green Card!

Our interview was 1 week ago and was not what we thought it would be. We got separeted at the beginning of the interview. The officer first interrogated me for 30 minutes, then my husband. I was not expecting being separated from him for the interview! I read that's what they call a stoke interview and means they have doubts about the relationship!! Crazy but I guess you never know what can happen during this process. Although we were separated for the interview, it didn't stress me out because there was no reason to be scared when you have nothing to hide!

The questions were a lot about our relationship, our apartment, our wedding etc. Here is a list of the questions that I remember, if this can help:

- What will you do in case you get denied? Do you go back to your country or do you refill?

- When did you meet him? Where? How?

- How did you keep contact during all of these years?

- How would you visit him and when?

- When did you get married and where?

- Who witnessed your wedding? Where do the witnesses live?

- Who participated to your wedding?

- What did you do after the ceremony?

- Who came to the reception?

- Did you have a honeymoon?

- What is your date of birth?

- What is your address?

- When di you meet him? (again)

- What is your mother-in-law maiden name?

- What is your father-in-law name?

- What is your husband's phone number? (i couldn't tell... just the first and last numbers - sorry all my numbers are registered in my phone!)

- What is your date of birth? (again)

- When did you get engaged?

- When your relationship start to be romantic?

- Who proposed? Where?

- Where did your husband study?

- Where does he work? Working schedule? How much does he make? How much did he make last year?

- Who pays the bills? Online or by check?

- What is the name of your landlord? Where does he live? <_<

- Which days are garbage days in your building?

- What is the first thing you see when you enter the building?

- The colours of the building doors?

- Furnitures in your bedrooms? How many rooms?

My husband got the same questions and gave the same answers as I did, maybe with a few differences. It is a bit difficult to give the exact same answers to some questions. For example, the officer asked me if we had a honeymoon, I said no, probably next year after our religious wedding. My husband said no but we are going to Florida in May :rolleyes: (which will be kind of our little honeymoon). Anyway... it is a bit tricky.

FYI, we prepared all the documentations asked in their letter. They didn't ask for ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS!! No taxes, no proofs of bonafide marriage, no nothing! That surprised me but better be prepared!

She just asked wedding pictures to my husband.

At the end, she said that if we were approved, we would receive the green card after 2-4 weeks, if they need more evidence (which they didn't ask for) they would contact us and if we were denied, we would be informed by mail.

1 hour after the interview, our status changed to Case approved. A few hours later, our status changed to New card in production.

Yesterday (6 days after the interview) I received my Green card in the mail!! Beyond happy! Overall, it was very fast but with a tricky interview. I guess all experiences are different so be confident and ready!

C&I-

Congratulations on your green card and job! I'm happy for you both.

We are still waiting for our interview. According to the timeline for our local office, it can take 8 more months. We are hoping something changes. Thankfully, I have the EAD and I'm just awaiting the final job offer. Hoping to get the driver license soon.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It gives us great insight about how to be prepared for anything. :)

Timeline

Thanks Bugg.

You'll get there, your interview date will be scheduled. Good luck for your job!

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

C&I congrats on your approval! I just realized I never came here to update. I had the interview on April 4th. Since my husband is currently deployed I took his deployment orders and went by myself, as that is what's stated on the uscis website. The interview itself was pretty relaxed, although he did want to see a ton of evidence, such as rental agreement, pictures,etc. After leaving the room for a couple minutes he said that he believed what he saw was sufficient and that he believed that we we would be approved.

Well..about 2 hours later I get a call from him apologizing that he had talked too soon and that his supervisor had decided that my husband and I need to come back after he is back from deployment.

He also said that we would get mail stating that our case is closed and that, once my husband is back, we need to send a letter saying that we are ready for the interview.

So far we haven't received anything, and neither has our case status changed, but I am just going to go with what he told me on the phone.

I am honestly a bit bummed out about it, but oh well. I guess at least we weren't denied, right? ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi December filers,

...... At the end, she said that if we were approved, we would receive the green card after 2-4 weeks, if they need more evidence (which they didn't ask for) they would contact us and if we were denied, we would be informed by mail.

Congrats!

Timeline

C&I congrats on your approval! I just realized I never came here to update. I had the interview on April 4th. Since my husband is currently deployed I took his deployment orders and went by myself, as that is what's stated on the uscis website. The interview itself was pretty relaxed, although he did want to see a ton of evidence, such as rental agreement, pictures,etc. After leaving the room for a couple minutes he said that he believed what he saw was sufficient and that he believed that we we would be approved.

Well..about 2 hours later I get a call from him apologizing that he had talked too soon and that his supervisor had decided that my husband and I need to come back after he is back from deployment.

He also said that we would get mail stating that our case is closed and that, once my husband is back, we need to send a letter saying that we are ready for the interview.

So far we haven't received anything, and neither has our case status changed, but I am just going to go with what he told me on the phone.

I am honestly a bit bummed out about it, but oh well. I guess at least we weren't denied, right? ;)

Thank you.

I don't know what he meant by "that we would get mail stating that our case is closed" but as you said, at leat you were not denied. You should be fine with the next interview with your husband present. I hope he will be home soon :)

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

• 3 months later...
Timeline

How is everything going for you December filers? Is everybody finished with the GC procedure?

I just came back from Europe, first trip with my Green Card. The immigration at JFK was easy. Overall, it was a good experience!

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

We are still waiting for an interview. St. Louis is very backlogged it seems. I guess it doesn't help that I (the petitioner) and my husband (the applicant) live in different states. We're going wondering if writing to our congressmen will help? Tried calling USCIS for Tier 2, they call back and provide no information. Made an InfoPass appointment here and they were equally as useless. Basically they said N400s are taking priority because it's an election year and to wait. What a joke.

AOS Timeline

11/29/2015 - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765 concurrent AOS filing to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

12/02/2015 - AOS packet Delivered to USCIS via USPS

12/08/2015 - Received 3 NOA text messages from USICS at 11:25 PM / $420 and $1070 checks cleared

12/12/2015 - Hard Copy of NOA received in the mail for the I-765 and I-485

12/31/2015 - RFIE - Request for Initial Evidence

01/05/2016 - Biometrics Appointment

01/10/2016 - Received RFIE - requesting proof of I-130 sponsor being US Citizen

01/12/2016 - FedEx RFIE Response

01/14/2016 - USCIS received RFIE Response

01/27/2016 - Ready to be scheduled for INTERVIEW

02/16/2016 - NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED / I-765 Case Approved

02/19/2016 - NOA2 Approval for I-765 received / EAD Card was mailed

02/23/2016 - EAD Card arrived today via Priority Mail

11/02/2016 - Interview Scheduled for 12/01/2016 !!!

12/01/2016 - Interview date (Interview cancelled on 11/18/2016)

01/12/2017 - ACTUAL INTERVIEW IN ST. Louis (need to get new medical submitted)

01/19/2017 - New medical dropped off at USCIS & CASE APPROVED ! I-485 & I-130

01/25/2017 - GREEN CARD IN HAND! - DONE!!!!!!!

ROC Timeline

11/25/2018 - Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas address

11/28/2018 - I-751 packet showing as DELIVERED to USCIS in Dallas

12/04/2018 - Check cashed 

12/19/2018 - I797 NOA received in the mail (18 month extension) - Vermont Service Center

12/24/2018 - Biometrics Letter Received (appointment in early January)

01/03/2018 - Biometrics complete

12/17/2019 - New Card is Being Produced (approval following day and card mailed on 12/20)

12/23/2019 - 10 Year Green Card DELIVERED !!! 

Timeline

Sorry you are still waiting....

I guess it really depends on the city your case has been assigned.

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.