Amhara

December 2015 AOS filer status

1,701 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We got his learners permit yesterday. I thought I needed to wait longer to apply for his SSN and we applied for it after marriage. They denied our request because he "was no longer a fiancé, but a spouse". We filled out a TX waiver for the SSN requirement. Because he doesn't have an SSN, we couldn't add him to my lease, so we had to fill out a TX resident waiver, and I provided two bills that covered two months (four documents in total) to establish my residency.

They asked for his green card and work permit, but since we don't have that, they accepted his visa and I-94. The learners permit expires on the last day of the I-94, but by then, we should have an NOA and possibly his EAD. We need to schedule a driving test for him now for his drivers license, because their appointments are pretty booked!

We had problems because my husband only has one name. I figured that's his first name, but the visa treated that as his surname and assigned his given name as "FNU". I was hoping the marriage would let us treat his only name as his first name, and my last name as his last name, but that's not how we were allowed to do it. So now, we may try to do a name change (to really make his first name his first name!!!!) soon as we might get an RFE if USCIS takes that position with his name too!

Sweet!! :D Im going to go to the DMV today to inquire and register for my drivers license or learners permit. Super excited!

My package was delivered yesterday!! :D hopefully next week Monday I should have my NOA1

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

14 December: 12.24am - 12.34am received 3 NOA text messages and emails, yipee!!!

All three receipt numbers start with MSC.

(USPS Friday 4 December and received in Chicago Monday 7 December)

I also got the texts this morning - same time as you. Three texts with three case numbers, all three starting with MSC.

The ball is rolling now :-)

Or maybe sitting in a storage area waiting, but it is in their hands either way lol

Got my NOA texts and emails on Sunday 9.28 pm :shocked: didn't expect it at all at that time but definitely happy :joy:

3Vtn.png

ROC:

01/12/18 -- I-751 sent to California Service Center

01/13/18 -- Package delivered to California Service Center

01/23/18 -- Check cashed

01/27/18 -- Received NOA (dated 01/19/18)

AOS Journey:

10/31/2015 - Married in Las Vegas :halloween:

12/2/2015 - AOS package sent

12/4/2015 - AOS package delivered

12/11/2015 - NOA 1 date

12/13/2015 - 3 NOA 1 notifications received (texts/emails)

12/18/2015 - 3 hard copy NOA 1 received

12/26/2015 - Biometrics letter received

01/08/2016 - Biometrics appointment

01/20/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Ready for Interview

01/27/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Interview Is Scheduled

02/17/2016 - Approval for AP & EAD

02/24/2016 - EAD/AP card received

03/04/2016 - Interview for AOS - APPROVED

03/12/2016 - GC received

I wonder how much Christmas holidays might slow things down?

I'ts actually a good thing being distracted by the holiday season though- I'm much more relaxed about AOS than the K1 waiting game.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Timeline

I'ts actually a good thing being distracted by the holiday season though- I'm much more relaxed about AOS than the K1 waiting game.

Hopefully not toooo much! I think I remember reading they have to get it done within 90 days.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

Love being destructed by the holidays :dance::dance: especially there is nothing else to do but wait at this point

3Vtn.png

ROC:

01/12/18 -- I-751 sent to California Service Center

01/13/18 -- Package delivered to California Service Center

01/23/18 -- Check cashed

01/27/18 -- Received NOA (dated 01/19/18)

AOS Journey:

10/31/2015 - Married in Las Vegas :halloween:

12/2/2015 - AOS package sent

12/4/2015 - AOS package delivered

12/11/2015 - NOA 1 date

12/13/2015 - 3 NOA 1 notifications received (texts/emails)

12/18/2015 - 3 hard copy NOA 1 received

12/26/2015 - Biometrics letter received

01/08/2016 - Biometrics appointment

01/20/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Ready for Interview

01/27/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Interview Is Scheduled

02/17/2016 - Approval for AP & EAD

02/24/2016 - EAD/AP card received

03/04/2016 - Interview for AOS - APPROVED

03/12/2016 - GC received

Hopefully not toooo much! I think I remember reading they have to get it done within 90 days.

I think 90 days is what is supposed to happen.

Most people seem to reporting something between 60 - 90 though, even with Thanksgiving and I always feel like Thanksgiving is bigger than Christmas. But that is probably very subjective :-D

Fingers crossed :-)

Do we all just hang out and wait for the biometrics appointment from now on? Do we get a letter for that or do they put updates on the accounts for the applications or both? I admit I have not much clue about what happens from now on (except that there will be ROC somewhere down the road).

Timeline

I think 90 days is what is supposed to happen.

Most people seem to reporting something between 60 - 90 though, even with Thanksgiving and I always feel like Thanksgiving is bigger than Christmas. But that is probably very subjective :-D

Fingers crossed :-)

Do we all just hang out and wait for the biometrics appointment from now on? Do we get a letter for that or do they put updates on the accounts for the applications or both? I admit I have not much clue about what happens from now on (except that there will be ROC somewhere down the road).

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I read after you get your NOA1, maybe 20-30 days after you should be having your biometrics appointment. I think they schedule it and you just show up..? But yeah... after that I think it's just waiting for EAD, AP, and interview and green card.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I read after you get your NOA1, maybe 20-30 days after you should be having your biometrics appointment. I think they schedule it and you just show up..? But yeah... after that I think it's just waiting for EAD, AP, and interview and green card.

Yeah, I think their goal is to have a biometric letter out to us within a month to 45 day timeframe. I was reading that some October 2015 filers haven't gotten their biometric letters, and one person was approved for AP without the appointment. We shall see. I think at this point, we are at the mercy of the random USCIS 'selection criteria'!

We filed our paperwork with the county to change his name and it was accepted today. Hopefully we can get his fingerprints for the state police record done this Wednesday. I'm really wondering how all this will affect our AOS, but I'm hoping they will give us an RFE and a chance to explain the situation. At any rate, I was thinking we might get a biometric appointment before the middle of January. We shall see what happens!

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Did any of you include marriage and relationship evidence besides the marriage certificate?

Cause I didn't, I figured just send the paper work, that's what the interview is for.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

Yeah, I think their goal is to have a biometric letter out to us within a month to 45 day timeframe. I was reading that some October 2015 filers haven't gotten their biometric letters, and one person was approved for AP without the appointment. We shall see. I think at this point, we are at the mercy of the random USCIS 'selection criteria'!

sounds about right :-)

I know a girl in Boston who got married last January and just had her GreenCard Interview last week. She did have her Combo Card in like 60 days though.

Did any of you include marriage and relationship evidence besides the marriage certificate?

Cause I didn't, I figured just send the paper work, that's what the interview is for.

Nahhh, I didnt send anything. Nowhere in the paperwork they mentioned relationship evidence and I thought they have all the stuff from the K-1 process, I am here and we are married and living together. I figure if they want something they will let me know, right?

I feel like it will come up for ROC though, so I am bugging my husband to add me on to the lease and stuff.

Timeline

sounds about right :-)

I know a girl in Boston who got married last January and just had her GreenCard Interview last week. She did have her Combo Card in like 60 days though.

Nahhh, I didnt send anything. Nowhere in the paperwork they mentioned relationship evidence and I thought they have all the stuff from the K-1 process, I am here and we are married and living together. I figure if they want something they will let me know, right?

I feel like it will come up for ROC though, so I am bugging my husband to add me on to the lease and stuff.

I would suggest having some things in both of your names while before the interview, because my aunt who was here on the student visa ended up marrying her husband and going through a similar process. During her interview they wanted to see things they accumulated together. They provided car insurances, bankeep accounts, lease,...etc under both of their name.

Alex and I opened up a joint account, we have health insurance together, we are both on a lease, and soon I'm going to get a car and insurance under both of our names.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

No, we didn't include any evidence of relationship yet either. The only thing I included was the documents of adding him to my health insurance at work. Not only because the premiums increase quite a bit (lending to possible relationship evidence) but also as additional information for the affidavit of support.

One thing I am still waiting on is that we filed the paper Selective Service registration, about two weeks before the AOS. I didn't know that filing the AOS would register him for the SS on it's own! So I'm hoping to 'catch' this in time before there is a duplicate record with SS.

By the way, everyone! I'm really, really excited for all us end of 2015 AOS filers. I really think that the I-551C process has been sped up. It may be for only a few cases here and there, but someone in the October 2015 AOS thread has their GC in production! They filed their paperwork October 8th, received their biometric schedule November 6th, and completed their biometrics on November 17th! (And they were a March 2015 K-1 filer, so I'm really happy for them!) Gosh - can you imagine if we start getting messages in late January of some of our GC's being produced on this thread?!?!?!?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Timeline

Happy to know that we got our first NOA on 12/13/15, papers were sent out on 12/05/15. Updated the signature and timeline! We also moved and had to do an AR-11 online (address change) for all the forms.

I included a picture, copy of joint bank account and copy of joint insurance (medical, dental and vision). Hopefully this will suffice.

Edited by jgdaily
03/06/2015: SO came in on B2 Visa (expired 12/05/2015)

08/21/2015: Married in Los Angeles, CA

12/05/2015: Sent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago, IL

12/13/2015: NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

01/04/2016: Biometrics for AOS *completed*

01/28/2016: Biometrics for EAD/AP *completed*

02/19/2016: I-765 - EAD Card in Production

02/24/2016: I-765 - EAD Card Was Mailed

02/26/2016: I-765 - EAD Card Received

03/10/2016: I-485 Interview

05/11/2016: I-485 Approved, I-130 Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mailed my documents today! It should be in Chicago on Friday :)

08.10.2007- Started talking on IMDb
05.30.2009- Met in person
06.07.2014- Got engaged
K-1 Timeline
04.04.2015: I-129F Mailed
04.09.2015: Electronic NOA1 Received, sent to California Service Center
06.02.2015: NOA2!
06.05.2015 NOA2 Hardcopy
07.07.2015 Consulate Received
07.17.2015 Packet 3 received/submitted
07.17.2015 Packet 4 received
08.21.2015 Medical
08.25.2015 Interview-approved!
10.03.2015: POE ( Calgary International Airport)
11.13.15: Married my love <3

AOS Timeline

12.15.2015: I-485/I-765/I-131 and supporting documents mailed

12.22.2015: USCIS Received

12.24.2015: NOA Date (as found on I797's)

12.27.2015: NOA1 received by text email for all 3

01.02.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.28.2016: Biometrics in Chula Vista

03.07.2016; Filed service request (Service request number not currently assigned for processing)

03.14.2016: EAD Update, New Card being Produced

03.19.2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.