Sixer

N-400 December 2015 Filers

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean that your inquiry didn't work out, are you saying your case is still pending.

BTW, do you know how to find out the status of the SR.

It means that my case does not have any updates after my inquiry.....

If you want to see the inquiry's status, you should sign up in USCIS' account.....

Thanks, but your link is the casestaus, when I enter my SR no, it is giving an error message, is there any link to add the SR.

Just fill it out with your personal information.

After that, you are able to access your USCIS account.

When you log in your account, you will see that you have an inquiry.

Your inquiry is LINKED AUTOMAMATICALLY to your case.

(You do not have to add your SR number....)

Pay attention in your right side of the front page of your CASE.

Edited by witamar

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if I've ever seen an inline date change before... has anyone else?

I have seen cases where people are placed inline, get an interview notice, and then show up to the interview and are told that the background check isn't done. Some of these people are sent home and some are interviewed but not approved until the check is complete.

That tells me that there are sometimes mistakes where people are placed inline before they should be. That may have happened to you; you were placed inline shortly after biometrics, but your background check wasn't done. When your check was completed, they went in to place you inline and realized that you were already inline and so the date was updated.

That's just a guess, but that's the only thing I can think of. If this is what happened, then it's certainly better than making it all the way to the interview before you find out there's an issue.

So you can now assume that your background check is done and that you're just waiting for an interview... so the question is, why is it taking so long for an interview? I'd give them a call to see if they'll tell you anything, but if you live close to a field office, you could also make an infopass appointment. You are coming up on the 6 month mark after applying, so why don't you also see if the system will let you create an online Service Request or Case Inquiry about your case. You may want to wait until 6 months from your NOA date... I'm not sure when they start counting.

Finally, thanks for coming back to update us... hopefully you'll get some good news soon.

Thanks JimmyHou for your info.

The system doesn't let me create an online Service Request or Case Inquiry because mine is still under normal processing time. However, I make an Infopass appointment next week to see what they'll tell me about my case.

Edited by daqh

Thanks JimmyHou for your info.

The system doesn't let me create an online Service Request or Case Inquiry because mine is still under normal processing time. However, I make an Infopass appointment next week to see what they'll tell me about my case.

Good! You got an infopass....

I have been trying to make an infopass, and there is no day available for me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Online status changed:

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number ABC########. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by June 18, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

When should I expect my letter to be in my mailbox?

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Online status changed:

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number ABC########. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by June 18, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

When should I expect my letter to be in my mailbox?

However long it takes the post office to deliver to your house... so it depends on how far away you live from the field office.

How long was it between your interview notice update and when you got the letter in the mail? You can expect it to be the same.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

However long it takes the post office to deliver to your house... so it depends on how far away you live from the field office.

How long was it between your interview notice update and when you got the letter in the mail? You can expect it to be the same.

It was within a week. Lets say that I got my letter next week, when can I anticipate my oath ceremony? Next to next week?

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It was within a week. Lets say that I got my letter next week, when can I anticipate my oath ceremony? Next to next week?

Call USCIS and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer(insist if they keep asking dumb questions). Once you speak to the Tier 2 officer, just let them know you got the notification that the letter was mailed out but you want to know the exact date, time, and location so you can let your family and friends know ahead of time so they can be with you at the ceremony. I did that when I got the notification and the officer let me know when and where the ceremony was at.

Also if within 5 days of your ceremony date the letter doesn't arrive, call USICS back and speak to a Tier 2 officer again. Let them know when your ceremony date is and that you haven't received the letter and they will fax it to you.

Good luck to you and congrats!! :)

Timeline

No fixed advance notice period for oath ceremonies. It could be the day after you get the letter or 4 weeks away.

If you are concerned, you could call as suggested by the previous poster.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Under a week for groovy's interview...

Under 2 weeks for stavroula's...

Under 3 weeks for mine...

Under 4 weeks for yours...

This is getting exciting.

Oh yeah! Hope it all goes well ? Can't believe we all almost there!

Just let you know.....

I made an inquiry that should be answered by 05/18.

However, I didn't receive any mail or e-mail, and my online status is still the same.

:crying: :crying: :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Well, at least, I have my inquiry ID to make an infopass......

My case: waiting for a Oath Letter.

Updates about my Inquiry....

05/18 was last day to receive any kind of response.

However,

I received a following update: On May 19, 2016, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number SR***************, was assigned to an officer for response.

Let's see..... :dancing:

Timeline

Coming up this week for Dec2015ers...

We have the following interviews scheduled:

Monday: -

Tuesday: -

Wednesday: Groovyaardvark

Thursday: -

Friday: -

We have the following naturalization ceremonies scheduled:

Monday: -

Tuesday: Pete's Dragon, sazzy

Wednesday: -

Thursday: -

Friday: -

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.