babybabeto14

Interviewed today now in AP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

So my fiance had his interview today. I flew here to Lebanon to be here the day of.

He was given a white "refusal" worksheet. They need his original birth certificate along with the transition....

It annoyed me because 1... it wasn't on the list.. 2... I emailed the embassy before hand and asked they said no it's not needed, 3...when I sent the petition I submitted a copy (and translated it).

My fiance feels it went ok. They asked if he needed a translator, he said no he will speak English. They gave him a little bit of a hard time when it came to some things.

My previous marriage, and our age gap which isnt much.

They asked where do I stay when I come, and he mentioned with him and his family. They looked through most of our pics.

So while I'm here we will submit what they need and wait....

But did anyone else go through this?

I know everyones situation is different but wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have a age gap and i had to remind immigration it is against the constitution to discriminate against age, sex and religion

since here in the US for many years they have allowed older men to bring in young wives, i reminded them and made an offical complaint with my Senator

As far as the birth certificate, it should have been sent with the original application before USCIS sent it to NVC / i am sure the embassy thought it was in the packet they would get from NVC and that was the reason they assumed you did not have to provide one.

Go to the embassy and ask to have 2nd interview and provide the birth certificate / go ASAP before they return your packet to USCIS as it will be allowed to die there of old age

Good luck to you / hope this helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No suggestion it is being returned. There are 2 types of AP and looks like you are now doing the first for missing documents.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We have a age gap and i had to remind immigration it is against the constitution to discriminate against age, sex and religion

since here in the US for many years they have allowed older men to bring in young wives, i reminded them and made an offical complaint with my Senator

As far as the birth certificate, it should have been sent with the original application before USCIS sent it to NVC / i am sure the embassy thought it was in the packet they would get from NVC and that was the reason they assumed you did not have to provide one.

Go to the embassy and ask to have 2nd interview and provide the birth certificate / go ASAP before they return your packet to USCIS as it will be allowed to die there of old age

Good luck to you / hope this helps

Agreeing with boiler about this. ^

First, for K1 the foreign fiances Birth Cert isn't requested nor needed at time of petition. Only the USC's birth cert. The foreign Fiance's Birth Cert is only requested at the interview itself. Sometimes they don't specify what's needed 100% clear. For example, with Canada it says Birth Certificate, but they actually want a long form birth cert that you only receive if you request it yourself, it's not their "standard" birth cert that they all have. A fair amount of people get caught up on this at the interview.

Secondly, on most 221(g)'s requesting more info, it says somewhere on there (most do at least) that you have a year to submit the documents and once you do that it will take 6-8 weeks before you hear from them again. Their case isn't getting sent back to die, as it hasn't been refused, it's more so in a limbo until they either do not receive the documents at all within the time frame given, or until they receive them and make a judgement.

It's on AP because they requested missing documents, happens a lot really.

It sounds like to me since you're on AP with a document request that ya'll will be okay. If they wanted to refuse you, they could have found a reason somewhere within the grilling of your fiance. It's more than likely once they receive what they've asked for your fiance will receive his visa. =]

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

You can check our spoiler for our AP timeframe. Overall, our AP went really fast and we didn't need any further documents. (Our READY status was unexpectedly long, but turned out we needed that time for family things.)

Keep checking your updates and try not to bother them too much with unnecessary emails. Let them do their jobs and they may do security background checks too. It's up to them whether they do or not, and that can add some time, but just be as fast as possible getting them their request, and try to think of your future together, not the AP time. Focus on the next few months rather than counting the AP days.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Any updates?

my case switched to "Non-immigrant READY" today. I'm hoping by this weekend we can be all do.

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Timeline

No there's no updates. It's on Immigrate and it still says AP. It's ok I know it's normal and it just takes time. I just kept going over and over in my head

every single document I sent. I kept a back up copy of everything I sent, our file is pretty big.

All I can do is just hope for the best and wait (L)

Timeline

Following recent incidents reasonable to expect additional checking.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Totally for sure. You know, I just came back into the states. I connected in Paris....O...M..G... Security is so tight you can't breathe.

From the second you get off the plane, and haven't set foot into the airport there's police checking everyones passport,

I went through security 2 times, plus when I was getting my connection ticket. I was pulled aside and was asked a bunch of questions.

Where did I go, where did I stay, where does my fiance work, what does he do, where do I work, what do I do. where am I traveling too,

what city do I work it.

When I was going to Lebanon and connecting in Germany, they checked my entire carry on and bag.

It's really sad how the world has become, but it is what it is, better be safe then sorry.

Timeline

Good to hear

Timeline

non-immigrant AP for 1 minute then ISSUED !!! omg omg omg

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.