dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2015

587 posts in this topic

I was curious because i have seen posts where applicants sending in photocopies were issued a checklist. I now do realize that advice i have been reading here on VJ were from old threads. Turns out, NVC did have their policy changed from the 12th of November, 2014, about collecting only photocopies of supporting documents instead of the originals.

I believe that each case may differ. It is required that we send in photocopies but NVC may still request for the original or the certified copy depending on each case.

Thanks lonelac and jempot

Hello: after two checklists for the same documents (birth , marriage certificate) I just send the originals... until this day i dont know what the problem was ,when you call them they dont know.... my scan date was october 23 , hoping for a cc this week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my case number today after a long wait of 3 weeks, i got case number and invoice number, but when i went online, i got the error message that my case is in process of termination, fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted.

Any suggestion???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Called NVC again and they say that my case is still basically complete but that they are waiting to create the electronic case file still. Not sure really what to do at this point. Agent I spoke to on Friday said I could submit an expedite request. Agent I just spoke to now said I could but it could take 45 days to get a response which could actually make my case slower.

Really not sure what do to at this point. The agent now said there is nothing they can do to help me but for me to wait. Other people submitting electronically like I did are getting case complete already...I am worried I am just stuck some where. It shouldn't take this long without any timeline. All they tell me is that it is back logged and as soon as it is done they will let me know. I mean can't anyone there help any more besides to say that? I asked if a supervisor could help and he said no.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just checked CEAC and now have 3 N/A's. Will call in the morning to confirm case complete. Scan Date Oct 29th.

MarciaSean, A big congrats to you. It's a good sign they're working at the moment. :) .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just called and the representative lady was so kind and asked us to give them a couple more days or she can put us onto a supervisor who may take upto 42 days to respond. But we choose to wait !!!

Our scan date is October 16th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dear VJ moderators, is there a new spreadsheet for the NVC process? (NOA2 thru CC).

I just realized that our Queen "Saylin" does not support hers anymore.

Note: I do not criticize her for her decision, she already has done a lot, her NVC Wiki guide is the "NVC gospel", a must read for all. If every one reads it, the traffic with s.... basic questions will decrease by 90%.

There is no spreadsheet anymore for Case Completes, only from Case Complete to Interview.

This is the most updated spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit?usp=sharing#gid=0

My suggestion is to compare timelines from here.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=i&op2=d&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=

Otherwise keep an eye out for members from your related country...and look in their signatures for specific timelines.

DWheels76 manages the NVC Process threads, so she is the one you can ask, if I did not help.

Just checked CEAC and now have 3 N/A's. Will call in the morning to confirm case complete. Scan Date Oct 29th.

Congrats!

I got my case number today after a long wait of 3 weeks, i got case number and invoice number, but when i went online, i got the error message that my case is in process of termination, fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted.

Any suggestion???

That is only because your case is very new into the system.

Keep trying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello all the NVC finally have my approved I 130. It says it was received on Nov 12th. How long after do I wait for the case or invoice#? I am calling every day to see if something has changed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all the NVC finally have my approved I 130. It says it was received on Nov 12th. How long after do I wait for the case or invoice#? I am calling every day to see if something has changed

Congratulations!

Wait two weeks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hello: after two checklists for the same documents (birth , marriage certificate) I just send the originals... until this day i dont know what the problem was ,when you call them they dont know.... my scan date was october 23 , hoping for a cc this week

Doesn't really sound like a fake checklist to me because they specifically stated the required documents. I hope for a CC soon for you too! Best of Luck! :star:

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Holly canoli!!!! I'm seeing the 3rd N/A!!!!! Could that be the miracle that we are expecting???

I'm waiting to confirm it as soon as they open the lines!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Holly canoli!!!! I'm seeing the 3rd N/A!!!!! Could that be the miracle that we are expecting???

Woohoo Congrats guys!

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Wow congrats lonelaC, i am so happy for you as i have been folowing you timeline from your first scan date, ...... surely they are really working now, i am hoping to hear goodnews as eegards mine as my scan date is 16th oct, wishing all waiting for cc best of luck..................

Timeline

Congratulations !!!

Have you called to ask for updates before the 3rd N/A appear? Or just waited?

Have you been under supervisor ?

Our scan date is October 16th, we called but were advised to wait a couple of days since there was a hloiday last week

Timeline

Wow congrats lonelaC, i am so happy for you as i have been folowing you timeline from your first scan date, ...... surely they are really working now, i am hoping to hear goodnews as eegards mine as my scan date is 16th oct, wishing all waiting for cc best of luck..................

Same here scan date here also

Did they put you under supervisor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.