HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Answer yes and then it will populate additional questions for you to answer:

Surnames of person traveling with you.

Given names of person traveling with you.

Relationship with person

Yes I know that option but fiancé isn't on list to choose from. She just clicked no because the question was pertaining to something other than just people sitting next to you on the plane. That question is for something else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

help!!its so strange! embassy emailed me when they received my case saying this is ur case number it has been received! and all the interview date and time and wat to bring in interview! it looks out of pattern??

How in the hell did you guys pay for and schedule an interview?

Really I have been to at least 5 different websites some are just info sites and some are sites where they just endlessly ask the same questions, then oops error page, reenter all information again. It's just endless account set ups at different places and still no way to schedule and pay for an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Really I have been to at least 5 different websites some are just info sites and some are sites where they just endlessly ask the same questions, then oops error page, reenter all information again. It's just endless account set ups at different places and still no way to schedule and pay for an interview.

I was having the same problem after filling in the DS 160 form. When I tried paying the visa fee online I couldn't, because the immigrant category was not available. I called the embassy and they told me that i can pay on the day of the interview. After I sent in the documents they wanted in packet 3 they scheduled an interview for me.

So I think right now it would be best to call the embassy and tell them what you can do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

. it has been written in the email that i have to pay at the consular counter on the appointment day!! "If the immigrant visa fee has not be paid at the National Visa Center, it has to be paid at the Consular cashier on the appointment date. Please check the fee at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hi everyone !:) I have a question. I just saw story of a couple who got refused in k1 visa cause they met in person just 1 time. So, me and my fiance basically met one time as well, but we lived together for 3 months during this one time. So are here any other couples who have similar situation, and do we need to worry, because basically it was just 1 airplane ticket and 3 months together ? I got so streessed after reading that story, our time is coming and I dont know what to do :(

Hi everyone ! :) I have a question. I just saw story of a couple who got refused in k1 visa cause they met in person just 1 time. So, me and my fiance basically met one time as well, but we lived together for 3 months during this one time. So are here any other couples who have similar situation, and do we need to worry, because basically it was just 1 airplane ticket and 3 months together ? I got so streessed after reading that story, our time is coming and I dont know what to do :(

Do you have pictures or any other proof from these 3 months together?

I got some questions because we got engaged after just 5/6 months of dating. But we had a lot of pictures / train and plane tickets from our round trip in Europe / entrance tickets from musea etc. and that was enough

tomorrow my interview :wow::oops::protest::ranting::secret::idea:

Good Luck!!!

K1:

11-13-2015: I129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

11-27-2015: NOA1 Hardcopy

01-02-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy

03-10-2016: Medical appointment

03-17-2016: Interview --> APPROVED

05-16-2016: Moved to the USA

05-24-2016: Married (L)

05-25-2016: Applied for SSN (card got lost in mail)

AOS:

06-17-2016: AOS Package sent

07-02-2016: NOA1

07-02-2016: Applied again for SSN (denied because of expired I-94)

10-18-2016: AP 'Case was approved'

10-18-2016: EAD 'New card is being produced '

10-21-2016: AP Hardcopy of approval in mail

11-01-2016: EAD/AP 'Card was mailed to me'

11-04-2016: EAD/AP card received.

11-07-2016: Applied again for a SSN

11-29-2016: SSN received

12-12-2016: AOS approved

meeting only one time is not in itself a problem. I'm sure the visa denial was based on the CO not believing there was a real relationship and the key but not sole point of evidence for the CO was the single meeting time. many people get approved with only a single in person meeting, but those people can show evidence of a real relationship with continuity before and after that meeting.

if you can show you were together for 3 months, then your "single meeting" will not be a problem at all.

Timeline

Do you have pictures or any other proof from these 3 months together?

I got some questions because we got engaged after just 5/6 months of dating. But we had a lot of pictures / train and plane tickets from our round trip in Europe / entrance tickets from musea etc. and that was enough

Good Luck!!!

Yes we have a lot of pictures, copies of airplane tickets, my visa, everything that they usually require. Im not afraid of any questions because everything is true and real love, even if we decided to marry pretty fast :) We think it should be fine, just this story with a guy from Morocco made me worry!

Thank you so much for answering and congrats with your approval !! :)

meeting only one time is not in itself a problem. I'm sure the visa denial was based on the CO not believing there was a real relationship and the key but not sole point of evidence for the CO was the single meeting time. many people get approved with only a single in person meeting, but those people can show evidence of a real relationship with continuity before and after that meeting.

if you can show you were together for 3 months, then your "single meeting" will not be a problem at all.

oh thank you ! You calmed me down, hope everything will be alright.

I was having the same problem after filling in the DS 160 form. When I tried paying the visa fee online I couldn't, because the immigrant category was not available. I called the embassy and they told me that i can pay on the day of the interview. After I sent in the documents they wanted in packet 3 they scheduled an interview for me.

So I think right now it would be best to call the embassy and tell them what you can do.

I resolved the problem, I was using a web engine that the website says doesn't work well with their website. As far as actually paying, I will probably have to send my fiancé money so she can pay from India. India and the U.S. Have strict banking laws so it easier just to send her money and she do the paying.

nataliejur, on 20 Mar 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone ! :) I have a question. I just saw story of a couple who got refused in k1 visa cause they met in person just 1 time. So, me and my fiance basically met one time as well, but we lived together for 3 months during this one time. So are here any other couples who have similar situation, and do we need to worry, because basically it was just 1 airplane ticket and 3 months together ? I got so streessed after reading that story, our time is coming and I dont know what to do :(

Be careful what you read. Many times what seems to be obvious sometimes it's not. The rules are that you must meet in person within the past two years at least one time. If you have done that then you have no worries.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Be careful what you read. Many times what seems to be obvious sometimes it's not. The rules are that you must meet in person within the past two years at least one time. If you have done that then you have no worries.

Thank you ! Yes we read the rules before applying for this visa, and we were calm all this time. Just so much stress going on during this waiting, so Im getting overworried over other couples messages on here, thank you againg for your answer !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.