HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

My opinion, plus $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, I think we should all send a note to our Embassy thanking them once we have received our Visa. Why? Just because.

I used the email I used for asking questions at the embassy. This is what I sent yesterday:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Case Number: ADD____

USCIS Number: WAC_____

Applicant: Aisha _____

Petitioner: Jaime ____(me)

Hello,

We completed our interview on 25 February.

I want to personally send to the consulate staff this note of appreciation.

The security point check-in person (lady) was professional, and courteous. She took time out to assist us with organizing the initial documentation which I had organized improperly in a notebook.

According to my fiancé (Aisha), the Consulate Officer (CO) who conducted the interview was professional and friendly. The CO spoke plainly and slowly so Aisha could readily understand, and was able to complete the interview in English.

Aisha was very nervous, underwent a minor panic attack before arriving, but the staff and CO put her at ease.

The staff completed administrative processing of the Visa, and delivered the documents (Visa, etc) very promptly. Faster in fact than I had expected.

Please let the staff, and CO, know that all of you are appreciated by us. We recognize you have a very difficult job, especially now with all the additional scrutiny. Your efforts have made a difference in the life of Aisha and I, and most importantly in the life of a little boy-Niman. And although we do not know your names, you will always be remembered by us.

I personally extend my appreciation for your service,

Thank You,

Jaime you are a true gentleman, i bet they don't receive many emails acknowledging the work they do in such a positive way, if I had a hat I'd take it off to you :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

we entered the usa together last night @ jfk.

I have a generic name and for nearly a decade have had issues every time reentering the usa. if you think dealing with uscis is a pain for a fiancee visa, try getting your records, as a citizen, cleared of some error that results in being mistakenly arrested at the airport. finance visa is a breeze comparatively.

well, I did have to speak to an agent briefly but wasn't detained for an hour in the back room like usual. it actually would've been ok this time (kinda sorta) because that's the same room where my fiancee was led to. she came out remarkable quickly, but with a kind of strange look on her face. she said they took her packet and passport, told her to sit down. about 10 minutes later an officer gave her the passport back and walked away without saying anything. fiancee stood there a minute and then left, slowly, looking over her shoulder, but the officers pointedly ignored her. they didn't ask her a single question, let alone tell her she was done.

we waited 20 minutes for the baggage and then had to show our passports again to get out so if there had been some issue they certainly could have stopped her. nothing. very weird.

very very relieved and ecstatic to be here.

(not to mention great mirth at seeing my Thai love react to the just below freezing new york night, ah ha ha ha. but she is already adjusting really well)

I'm really looking forward to reading more interview/entry stories here...because there's always a story. may yours come soon, and resolve itself well!

hey.. congrats.. i wanna ask u did u get "employment authorised" stamp on ur I-94 form at the jfk airport?

Timeline

@greenbaum

thanx friend for the info... although we have prepared a new i-134 with her current income and pay stubs.. she mailed it to me today.. just want to be safe than sorry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

we entered the usa together last night @ jfk.

I have a generic name and for nearly a decade have had issues every time reentering the usa. if you think dealing with uscis is a pain for a fiancee visa, try getting your records, as a citizen, cleared of some error that results in being mistakenly arrested at the airport. finance visa is a breeze comparatively.

well, I did have to speak to an agent briefly but wasn't detained for an hour in the back room like usual. it actually would've been ok this time (kinda sorta) because that's the same room where my fiancee was led to. she came out remarkable quickly, but with a kind of strange look on her face. she said they took her packet and passport, told her to sit down. about 10 minutes later an officer gave her the passport back and walked away without saying anything. fiancee stood there a minute and then left, slowly, looking over her shoulder, but the officers pointedly ignored her. they didn't ask her a single question, let alone tell her she was done.

we waited 20 minutes for the baggage and then had to show our passports again to get out so if there had been some issue they certainly could have stopped her. nothing. very weird.

very very relieved and ecstatic to be here.

(not to mention great mirth at seeing my Thai love react to the just below freezing new york night, ah ha ha ha. but she is already adjusting really well)

I'm really looking forward to reading more interview/entry stories here...because there's always a story. may yours come soon, and resolve itself well!

Two words for you "REDRESS NUMBER".

https://www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip

Once you receive this number you place on future plane ticket purchases, there is a spot for it. Then you will find entry a little less annoying. And you are very correct, you are arrested each time they hold you. I been there, done that, but they didn't sell any t-shirts..... :rofl:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

shergills, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

hey.. congrats.. i wanna ask u did u get "employment authorised" stamp on ur I-94 form at the jfk airport?

There is no "employment authorization" as you are not allow to work till you marry and file your AOS. With your AOS you will also submit two other forms Form I-765 to request an employment authorization document and I-131, Application for Travel Document.

shergills, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

@greenbaum

thanx friend for the info... although we have prepared a new i-134 with her current income and pay stubs.. she mailed it to me today.. just want to be safe than sorry

:thumbs: YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

@greenbaum

That's alright.. But i read at many places that people entering usa at jfk airport get "employment authorized" stampon their i-94 form.. No other airport give that.. Only jfk.. Dnt knw if its true or not..

shergills, on 05 Mar 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

@greenbaum

That's alright.. But i read at many places that people entering usa at jfk airport get "employment authorized" stampon their i-94 form.. No other airport give that.. Only jfk.. Dnt knw if its true or not..

That only applies to Work Visas for a Specific Employer. A K-1 visa is not a work visa but an immigration visa.

You can find the full text in the document U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY - U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES - Employer Information Bulletin 102 - October 7, 2005.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

formerly, one could receive a permission to work stamp at jfk, but that practice was discontinued several years ago (3-5). I did some forum searching about it because I had heard the same thing.

now, panic! my (possibly first) paper bag moment...we didn't get an i-94. seems like one now goes to a websight and prints the form out....is this correct? are we ok? the entry was so strange that I wonder if she should've waited??

Edited by kikiyut

and yes jaime, I did the redress control, it took hrs and hrs and dozens of cycles of attempts at uploading their form and waiting for acknowledgement and trying again, each cycle took a week...total nightmare. and it was from your good stories too that I learned that this detainment was being put under arrest.

it was so wonderful to breeze thru this time!

kikiyut, on 06 Mar 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

formerly, one could receive a permission to work stamp at jfk, but that practice was discontinued several years ago (3-5). I did some forum searching about it because I had heard the same thing.

now, panic! my (possibly first) paper bag moment...we didn't get an i-94. seems like one now goes to a websight and prints the form out....is this correct? are we ok? the entry was so strange that I wonder if she should've waited??

Yes, you now print the I-94 from online. Details here http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!i-94/cbm6

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Stressing... so... bad. Interview is on March 22nd. Driving up there (Canada) in a couple of days and staying until the interview and afterwards, hopefully, visa. Trying to put together everything that needs to be taken... does this look pretty inclusive?

Statements of Intent to Marry
Principal Applicant Birth Certificate
Principal Applicant Permanent Resident Card
Principal Applicant NBI Clearance (Philippines)
Principal Applicant Police Clearance (Canada)
NVC Received Petition Letter
Form I-134, Affidavit of Support
Letter of Employment
Bank Record of Deposit since Account Open
2016 Recent Paystubs
2016 IRS Tax Transcript
2015 Jan-Feb W2
2015 Mar-Dec W2
Proof of Relationship (Visits/Calls)
2016 Lease & Renewal Agreement [Didn't know if this was ever asked for maybe as a proof of address thing *shrugs*]
Was also planning to bring copies of all of the petition documentations, etcetera. I don't have the NOA2, USCIS never sent it... I emailed the Vancouver consulate about it and they replied saying it should not be an issue at interview but that it would be necessary when filing for AOS later in the whole process.
Edit: Plus the medical stuff, but that hasn't yet happened.
Edited by mugen

mugen, on 06 Mar 2016 - 5:59 PM, said:mugen, on 06 Mar 2016 - 5:59 PM, said:

Stressing... so... bad. Interview is on March 22nd. Driving up there (Canada) in a couple of days and staying until the interview and afterwards, hopefully, visa. Trying to put together everything that needs to be taken... does this look pretty inclusive?

Statements of Intent to Marry
Principal Applicant Birth Certificate
Principal Applicant Permanent Resident Card
Principal Applicant NBI Clearance (Philippines)
Principal Applicant Police Clearance (Canada)
NVC Received Petition Letter
Form I-134, Affidavit of Support
Letter of Employment
Bank Record of Deposit since Account Open
2016 Recent Paystubs
2016 IRS Tax Transcript
2015 Jan-Feb W2
2015 Mar-Dec W2
Proof of Relationship (Visits/Calls)
2016 Lease & Renewal Agreement [Didn't know if this was ever asked for maybe as a proof of address thing *shrugs*]
Was also planning to bring copies of all of the petition documentations, etcetera. I don't have the NOA2, USCIS never sent it... I emailed the Vancouver consulate about it and they replied saying it should not be an issue at interview but that it would be necessary when filing for AOS later in the whole process.
Edit: Plus the medical stuff, but that hasn't yet happened.

Which ever Embassy you are processing through - Vancouver or Montreal be sure to have their Embassy Letter or P3/P4. They will list only the documents you will need. Most here have never processed through Canada nor let alone their own country. You may want to go to a bigger pond and ask this question. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Good luck on your interview

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

and yes jaime, I did the redress control, it took hrs and hrs and dozens of cycles of attempts at uploading their form and waiting for acknowledgement and trying again, each cycle took a week...total nightmare. and it was from your good stories too that I learned that this detainment was being put under arrest.

it was so wonderful to breeze thru this time!

:dancing:

That is great. I didn't think anyone was paying attention to my stories. I ramble a lot. It is nice to learn that it was of benefit :thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.