HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

aaah its killing me waiting for my RFE..I thought for sure it would come in the mail today but of course it didnt. I already feel bad for even getting an RFE and now it wont get here so I can fix the problem! :( I was trying to get this visa process taken care of before I go to training for 2 months starting in may but this goal is looking harder and harder to reach. :clock:(L)

Edited by bennettl10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never do this but I actually bought a Powerball ticket today....I used the 10 digits from our WAC case number for the first 5 picks, and our NOA2 date as the Powerball number... :hehe::hehe: AND I have managed to not tell him about our NOA2 yet somehow! Wouldn't it be great if I told him that in person AND that we won $800 million?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm going crazy right now, because he's at the airport about to leave to meet me in Mexico tomorrow....I'm freaking out because he has 26 hours of travel through three airports/flights/customs/passport controls and he's never traveled internationally before. Aaaaghh!! :help::help::help:

Funny you should say that. I used the case numbers and date along with combination thereof.

Let us know how that works out.. I'm sure everything will be fine. Good thing he's not traveling by boat :rofl:

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

aaah its killing me waiting for my RFE..I thought for sure it would come in the mail today but of course it didnt. I already feel bad for even getting an RFE and now it wont get here so I can fix the problem! :( I was trying to get this visa process taken care of before I go to training for 2 months starting in may but this goal is looking harder and harder to reach. :clock:(L)

You can still pull it off for May. I'm guessing you're waiting to be married before leaving on your training mission.

So 15 April is your goal--that gives you 10 days lag in case of minor hold ups.

Assume worse case timeline:

RFE response received date to USCIS- 1 Feb (you need to get it there faster than this date)

USCIS response to RFE resulting in NOA 2- 20 Feb

Interview - 15 April APPROVED

So this means you better have your marriage planned and ready to execute.

The other scenario is because Germany embassy takes 2 months to get to the interview stage, you schedule your interview after you get back-- I know this is not what you want, but it is still an option.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You can still pull it off for May. I'm guessing you're waiting to be married before leaving on your training mission.

So 15 April is your goal--that gives you 10 days lag in case of minor hold ups.

Assume worse case timeline:

RFE response received date to USCIS- 1 Feb (you need to get it there faster than this date)

USCIS response to RFE resulting in NOA 2- 20 Feb

Interview - 15 April APPROVED

So this means you better have your marriage planned and ready to execute.

The other scenario is because Germany embassy takes 2 months to get to the interview stage, you schedule your interview after you get back-- I know this is not what you want, but it is still an option.

Wow thanks for the breakdown and positivity :D My fiance is the one in Germany, and we were going to get married and road trip to my training location together and then move together to my new station. BUT I guess worse comes to worse he might get it while im training and then we can plan our marriage when im done. Either way I wont really have to move to a new place alone :D I just feel like I failed bad by getting that RFE.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Funny you should say that! My fiance and I were just talking last night about how funny it would be if we got word (NOA2 or RFE at least...) on Jan. 13. See, 13 is our lucky number. Our anniversary is on the 13, everything good happens to us in 13s. So hopefully your crystal ball is right!!!

Not necessarily a list I like being a part of ? Hopefully next week is our week, for all of us on the list!

Um....I hope YOU bought a Powerball ticket because the Powerball number was 13 tonight! (Even if you didn't get any of the other numbers, you'd get like 4 bucks...) :P

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Um....I hope YOU bought a Powerball ticket because the Powerball number was 13 tonight! (Even if you didn't get any of the other numbers, you'd get like 4 bucks...) :P

I won the $4--powerball 13. I had the powerplay too, so I think I get $8. Of course I bought 4 tickets ($12).

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

The one time I did not choose 13 :bonk:

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I won the $4--powerball 13. I had the powerplay too, so I think I get $8. Of course I bought 4 tickets ($12).

Aww damn, I didn't! I live in Mexico with my fiance, no powerball access down here.

But glad y'all got to rake in the reward of the magical 13!!!

?

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A reminder to anyone trying to check case updates on USCIS tonight: their site is undergoing maintenance all evening through tomorrow at 6pmET I believe. So don't panic if your app says your case number cannot be found.

Hopefully said maintenance is updating NOA2's for the rest of us Nov files. Ha! Wishful thinking. ;-)

Edited by Rileybrynn25

@bennettl1

RFE isn't a big deal (unless you are committing fraud) so don't sweat it. send them what they need to know, and then start studying what you need to do next, because noa2 is probably just around the corner. I wasn't adequately prepared for noa2 and now our visa is waiting on me!

the advice and camaraderie of visa journey are great, but the wealth of statistics here are a goldmine for measuring how quickly the process actually takes as reported by people who are months or even only days ahead of you.

jaime is probably pretty close in his assessment that you can have visa in passport by 15 April, but do a search for others at the same embassy to get even more accurate numbers. I think the worst case is you have to do the road trip after your training but the wedding probably isn't in jeopardy.

best of luck!

Timeline

thanks tyler!

you know the funny thing is, most Thai people don't know how to cook! the food is so awesome and cheap and just everywhere, there is no need to even learn unless you are on the business of making food.

fortunately, we tried having a restaurant last year...the business failed and I lost my ~$2000 investment, to her great distress. oh my buddha she was so upset and ashamed about what happened.

but in that time her mom taught her to cook, and I'll be eating great Thai food for the next few decades...best $2 grand I ever spent!!! ;)

haha...well lessons learned. I've heard that investment story many times. Right up there with the Piggery.

not sure what story you heard Tyler, but I lived above the restaurant for 3 months, went out shopping at the market every morning, helped wash dishes and serve food, and most importantly served as chief taster!

I learned more about doing business in Thailand than any class could teach you, and also developed a humility for the painfully thin margins most Thai people live on.

all in all a great experience and fantastic value for the money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I have a question I want to know if it is a red flag if you are still carrying |our exhusbands last name and not the name on your birth certificate? Even though I did send in my divorce decree... will they questions my fiance abt it, when he goes to his interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a question I want to know if it is a red flag if you are still carrying |our exhusbands last name and not the name on your birth certificate? Even though I did send in my divorce decree... will they questions my fiance abt it, when he goes to his interview?

Probably not a cause for concern. I am sure it is quite common. I still have my ex husbands last name and I was divorced almost 7 yrs ago. Besides my birth certificate showing my maiden name, I sent my old marriage certificate showing my name change to the current last name, and the divorce decree. I was upfront with my fiance why I never changed my name back so if they ask him, he won't be at a loss for an answer. I just had that last name through the majority of my working life and at the time it would have been a hassle to change it back. I always said the next time I change it will be when I marry again.

Edited by Rileybrynn25

Timeline

It shouldn't be an issue as long as your petition has that listed under other names used. However, every consulate is different and each interviewer is different. So there is a possibility that they might ask him about it, although I doubt they will. Safest thing is for him to answer honestly.

Maybe Professor Greenbaum will have a better answer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.