HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone. For all of those that met on a dating site, I can give some info. I met my fiance on a Brazilian dating site. I am using RapidVisa to help me with the entire process, expensive but I didn't want to take the chance. But anyway, they told me that they do get concerned about people meeting online. They advised me to contact the dating site and ask them to give me proof that they are not an International Marriage Broker. I contacted the site and they gave me a link to their terms of service or whatever they call it. I printed out the entire thing, about 5 pages long and sent it with my petition. On the last page they did mention that they were not apart of the International Marriage Broker and the site is for user interaction only. I have previously been on other dating sites like OkCupid and know they are the same. Whether the USCIS know that, they should by now but they might always want proof not sure.

Anyway, that did not give me an RFE. My NOA2 was approved last Friday without any delay. If they somehow come back with an RFE for that, go to the dating site and print out the terms of service and send it to them. I do not know if they would have approved my case if I had not sent the terms of service along with the petition, so you guys might still be okay. Hopefully I am able to help people with my information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone. For all of those that met on a dating site, I can give some info. I met my fiance on a Brazilian dating site. I am using RapidVisa to help me with the entire process, expensive but I didn't want to take the chance. But anyway, they told me that they do get concerned about people meeting online. They advised me to contact the dating site and ask them to give me proof that they are not an International Marriage Broker. I contacted the site and they gave me a link to their terms of service or whatever they call it. I printed out the entire thing, about 5 pages long and sent it with my petition. On the last page they did mention that they were not apart of the International Marriage Broker and the site is for user interaction only. I have previously been on other dating sites like OkCupid and know they are the same. Whether the USCIS know that, they should by now but they might always want proof not sure.

Anyway, that did not give me an RFE. My NOA2 was approved last Friday without any delay. If they somehow come back with an RFE for that, go to the dating site and print out the terms of service and send it to them. I do not know if they would have approved my case if I had not sent the terms of service along with the petition, so you guys might still be okay. Hopefully I am able to help people with my information.

Yes we did the same- we contacted the manager of our dating website and did what they said to do.(to sign one paper). So probably we won't have RFE about we met online.

11.17.2015- sent petition
11.23.2015- NOA-1
12.29.2015- NOA-2

01.12.2016- NVC received

01.17.2016- NVC case #

01.21.2016- Medical Exam

02.10.2016- Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lol ok here is a more in depth explanation... How did i know? Instinct. Something just wasn't adding up . everyone i checked my case number on the website it kept saying "At NvC" at first i thought maybe they just didn't up date it. When i first received my case number i called back the other day and they said it was in transit to Jamaica. So i ignored the website. After paying ds160 i was only required to pay a non immigrant fee which didn't make any sense but i still paid.

Checked the website and its still saying "at nvc" so ofcourse i called gave them the case number and they said to me sorry that is not your case number. Then i started to panic. Like how do you give me a wrong case number after asking for detailed personal info????

Then i started to run around crying to my fiance. Calling the embassy, calling nvc. Nothing makes sense of course my fiance was calm but as a Jamaican as a woman in general we love things in order. And nothing is ever in order during this process!! Haha i borrowed Jaime brown paper bags. Just check guys really. Check check check double checl tripple check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

But im finally almost at the end!. Medical and interview booked for January. Ofcourse im still unaware if my fiance will make the interview but ill panic about that some other time hahah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

But im finally almost at the end!. Medical and interview booked for January. Ofcourse im still unaware if my fiance will make the interview but ill panic about that some other time hahah

That is great to hear!! You are so close :)

Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Then i started to run around crying to my fiance. Calling the embassy, calling nvc. Nothing makes sense of course my fiance was calm but as a Jamaican as a woman in general we love things in order. And nothing is ever in order during this process!! Haha i borrowed Jaime brown paper bags. Just check guys really. Check check check double checl tripple check.

As a man, and in general we love to fix things and keep everything in order (Men are from Mars), I appear to know what I am doing while being calm/patient on the outside to people, but am running all over the place inside having no clue to anything...Now I know why I can't find my paper bag, Happylaytons took it :rolleyes: .

While as a Ethiopian lady from the rural countryside, used to the world moving slowly, and life just happening, my fiance is over the top patient and calm. <_<

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

everyone, someone, anyone!! I made a topic on this but I want to be 100% sure..... I lived in the US for 6 years as a student and now I'm back in my home country.

For the interview it asks for police certificate from everywhere you've lived more than 6 months do I need the certificate from the US too since I lived there recently or not from there? Ted & Janine explained I probably don't need it from the US, but just want to make sure!

Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

AOS

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

I got the medical pre-arranged my last trip down. Took her to the hospital, met with the staff. They had no clue what we were doing, when they asked for the Embassy provided orders, and I said we want to pre-arrange everything. They never had anyone come in advance. We got the paperwork arranged (nothing big, very basic) for setting up the patient profile, and just went over what to expect. Knowing what to expect helped her. Even started the shots, there are a series that you have to do...if you want to do in advance (but not required). I wanted to be able to check yes on the 160 form about having that done.

Had her cousin, the newly graduated lawyer, verify that we can get her police background done in a week.

I have a board on my office wall that not only includes my goals with due dates for 'work', but also tracking this progress. So my boss can come in and see, as well I keep him up to date, so when I say I have to go to attend the interview--he already knows way in advance.

I do my best to leave nothing to chance.

. How do you check that your case it at nvc?

Timeline

everyone, someone, anyone!! I made a topic on this but I want to be 100% sure..... I lived in the US for 6 years as a student and now I'm back in my home country.

For the interview it asks for police certificate from everywhere you've lived more than 6 months do I need the certificate from the US too since I lived there recently or not from there? Ted & Janine explained I probably don't need it from the US, but just want to make sure!

Just to be sure, this is just me and so you don't need to do this, I'm just this way. I am having a police certificate done for her and I from our time in Djibouti. She was there only on vacations of 2-3 months, and I wasn't there for a year at any one time (required for USA citizen). The Djiboutian government doesn't even do this for non-residents. But I am having it done anyway--there is always away if you really want it.

I don't like to leave anything to chance....

Timeline

Just to be sure, this is just me and so you don't need to do this, I'm just this way. I am having a police certificate done for her and I from our time in Djibouti. She was there only on vacations of 2-3 months, and I wasn't there for a year at any one time (required for USA citizen). The Djiboutian government doesn't even do this for non-residents. But I am having it done anyway--there is always away if you really want it.

I don't like to leave anything to chance....

That's smart....Do you know how I can get one from the States when I'm no longer there?

K1 Visa

AOS

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

I got the medical pre-arranged my last trip down. Took her to the hospital, met with the staff. They had no clue what we were doing, when they asked for the Embassy provided orders, and I said we want to pre-arrange everything. They never had anyone come in advance. We got the paperwork arranged (nothing big, very basic) for setting up the patient profile, and just went over what to expect. Knowing what to expect helped her. Even started the shots, there are a series that you have to do...if you want to do in advance (but not required). I wanted to be able to check yes on the 160 form about having that done.

Had her cousin, the newly graduated lawyer, verify that we can get her police background done in a week.

I have a board on my office wall that not only includes my goals with due dates for 'work', but also tracking this progress. So my boss can come in and see, as well I keep him up to date, so when I say I have to go to attend the interview--he already knows way in advance.

I do my best to leave nothing to chance.

Correction, I just found this on another forum: No US police report needed... the USCIS has access to all needed law enforecement datatbases and will do a query as a part of the process

So Ted & Janine were right :oops: I was just worrying extra hehe

But I think for any international countries it's best to get it like you are doing!

nvc case in transit since monday :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

wohoo! congrats!

K1 Visa

AOS

Done and in love (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.