3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My PD DATE IS JANUARY 26 AN STILL NOTHING YET

you should call

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Timeline

so what's processing time for Potomac? because it's not post on USCIS website, as far as I can see.

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

Timeline

Am not sure either am just guessing I have to wait 6 months

they didn't give you the processing time when you called? How would you know when you're past standard processing time? Those would be my questions.

So I called today to find out about my process and it was approved yesterday. the tier 1 officer only read what was posted online and gave me information regarding how each case is different and it is possible that once each case is examined, the information is given out. I asked all this from a tier 1 officer because I wanted to know that why others with the same date as me were given an answer and plus I was planning to go so I just wanted to know how long I should anticipate. I also asked him if the officer who was assigned my case was working on older petitions or something. He didn't have much to offer except he said to get an infopass and get an appointment with a field officer in the local area to find more information on this (not sure if it applies here or not). But I asked tier 1 officer to connect me with tier 2 officer and well as soon as I spoke to the officer, he immediately told me that it was approved yesterday (he wasn't friendly though) and that i should expect a letter in the mail in a week. and then few hours later, i got a text message and an alert from the app that it was updated.

I seriously suggest that do call them and talk to tier 2 officer if your case hasn't approved yet, especially if your case has been past 6 months. speak to tier 2 officer. hope it helps.

Timeline

Ah ok. I assumed u didn't ask because u said "guessing" 6 months. Well at least u know when to start calling but hopefully you don't get to that point.

they didn't give you the processing time when you called? How would you know when you're past standard processing time? Those would be my questions.

I can answer that for you, you check your PD assigned to your case and just make the 6 month guess. for example, mine was March 22, if i wasn't approved, I would have to make the call september 22 or after to find out why the long time.

Timeline

Yea i know how to add 6 months lol, i was unclear on standard processing time for Potomac because its not posted on the website.

Yea i know how to add 6 months lol, i was unclear on standard processing time for Potomac because its not posted on the website.

oh sorry I thought YOu didnt know. lol my bad.

yea the guy did show concern on that but he just mentioned the standard processing time for all centers.

on a side note, Idk how much of this is true, but once you fill out your timeline on this forum, it gives you an estimated time for your process to be approved based on other's timelines. I was given June 29 to july 6 and surely I was given a response on june 29. someone else can confirm that.

I wish everyone best of luck here! :)

Timeline

oh sorry I thought YOu didnt know. lol my bad.

yea the guy did show concern on that but he just mentioned the standard processing time for all centers.

on a side note, Idk how much of this is true, but once you fill out your timeline on this forum, it gives you an estimated time for your process to be approved based on other's timelines. I was given June 29 to july 6 and surely I was given a response on june 29. someone else can confirm that.

I wish everyone best of luck here! :)

no worries lol :)

That's awesome news that you were given approval on that exact date. I was given July 26, 2016 and August 3, 2016. I'm praying for sooner than that! We have a very long process after approval, so any expedite is welcome. Our next step is to try to a Motion to ReOpen his absentia case. If that works, and the absentia order is administratively closed, then it opens us up to file the I601-A waiver.

Timeline

YSC1690060996 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-28-16

YSC1690060995 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-28-16

YSC1690060966 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

YSC1690060963 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

YSC1690060960 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

no worries lol :)

That's awesome news that you were given approval on that exact date. I was given July 26, 2016 and August 3, 2016. I'm praying for sooner than that! We have a very long process after approval, so any expedite is welcome. Our next step is to try to a Motion to ReOpen his absentia case. If that works, and the absentia order is administratively closed, then it opens us up to file the I601-A waiver.

thank you. I wish you the best in your process. I am sure in no time you will have an approval.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello everybody aster 10 Mont Potomac send me a interview appointment for agust I don't know what is gonna happen on this day some body have esperince on interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.