netminder30

Proof of Intention to Marry

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi netminder30,

yes, my fiancee mailed us an original signed copy of letter of intent, filled up G325a, her passport photos to me by Fedex before I sent it off to USCIS. We filed ours late April this year and we had read threads of RFEs issues about "original" signatures required for the letter of intent.

KayDeeCee perhaps has more experience of what has happened recently about recent K1 filings.

Good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You definitely cannot wrong with original signatures, so you could have her send them express through a courier like DHS/UPS/FedEx. That way you don't have to wait too long to mail out the petition submission.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Must my fiancée's signature on the letter of intent to marry be in ink or is a photo copy of the signature sufficient? I am truly hoping it is the latter because I am just about ready to put the petition in the mail and I would hate to delay it waiting for my fiancée's original letter of intent to arrive.

Must be original signature. No notarization required.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My intended to marriage was signed and notarized. But my fiancee was scan copy after it was notarized. G325A is also scan copy, not notarized and no wet signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No, KayDeeCee, I have scans of her G-325A and letter of intent with her signature on the documents. So they are not wet signatures. She sent me her passport pic electronically and I had it printed at a local Walgreens with passport specs.

Do I need to withhold my application and wait for my fiancée to send me wet signatures? I hate to delay any further, but I don't want to send something that is sure to meet with an RFE.

Has anyone out there sent scans of there fiancé(e)'s G-325A and letter of intent and not gotten an RFE?

I did the same thing with my !-129F. My fiancé lives in Russia and I was trying to get our application out quickly, he sent his letter of intent to marry and G-325A to me in the mail but it takes a really long time even when you pay extra for shipping (ended up taking 3 weeks). So he emailed the documents to me scanned and I just sent those. I'll update if I get an RFE… honestly I feel like I should have started my application while he was last here visiting, so that I could have just had him sign everything and not worry about it! But I guess with the K1 process, it's really live and learn.. I'm hoping to get my NOA2 any day now, but when I received my NOA1, his birthday was wrong (I looked back at my I-129F and I had put 19 instead of 9! Again rushing…stupid mistake, but hey my fiancé proof read it for me :lol:) So I immediately called USCIS and they said that they would change it, even though on their site it already said "your date of birth has been changed". Okay whose date of birth? Mine? His? So finally, 2 weeks later it again said that my date of birth had been changed. Ugh I have no idea if this will cause my NOA2 to come later than expected or not, whatever. The waiting game is fun i guess!

K-1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: September 26, 2015

I-129F Received: September 28, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: October 1, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: October 8, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: November 9, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: November 13, 2015

NVC Received: November 18, 2015
Left NVC: November 20, 2015
Embassy Received: November 25, 2015
Status "Ready": November 25, 2015
Medical: December 4, 2015
Status "Administrative Processing": December 7, 2015

Able to Schedule Interview: December 8, 2015
Interview: January 15, 2016
Visa Received: January 26, 2016

Arrival to U.S. : April 27, 2016

Marriage: May 12, 2016

AOS/EAD/AP Journey

Mailed AOS: June 13, 2016

NOA1 E-Notification: June 21, 2016

NOA1 Hard Copy: June 24, 2016

Filed: Timeline

Oh, good luck, nickinoods! I hope everything goes smoothly despite the birthday error. Crossing my fingers for you!

My sincere thanks to everyone who responded to my question. My fiancée and I decided to delay our application until I receive in the mail her G-325A and Letter of Intent to Marry with her "wet" signature. We'd rather be safe than sorry. I figure there are so many ways to trip up with the application, that we don't need something so mundane as a signature creating problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just got my NOA2 approval, and didn't have my fiance's original signature on the G-325A or the intent to marry. He signed the forms, scanned them and emailed them to me and I printed em out. Also we didn't notarize them.

K-1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: September 26, 2015

I-129F Received: September 28, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: October 1, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: October 8, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: November 9, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: November 13, 2015

NVC Received: November 18, 2015
Left NVC: November 20, 2015
Embassy Received: November 25, 2015
Status "Ready": November 25, 2015
Medical: December 4, 2015
Status "Administrative Processing": December 7, 2015

Able to Schedule Interview: December 8, 2015
Interview: January 15, 2016
Visa Received: January 26, 2016

Arrival to U.S. : April 27, 2016

Marriage: May 12, 2016

AOS/EAD/AP Journey

Mailed AOS: June 13, 2016

NOA1 E-Notification: June 21, 2016

NOA1 Hard Copy: June 24, 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.