speakerbox

October 2015 AOS Filers

1,299 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for your advice Longrangeshootr! I'm sorry to keep bothering you but could you please tell me about your experience when you called? Like how long did the call last? Did you talk to a real person? What did you say you needed? I just don't know what to say when I call :/.. also, do you know from what time to what time I can call?

I called two days ago, and am still waiting to hear back. (I am beginning to suspect that my file is sitting on the desk of someone who has gone on vacation.) Representatives are available beginning at 8am, but I'm not sure if the line closes at 4pm or 5 pm. I managed to get through to a representative really quickly.

The representative will ask you for your case number, so they'll know it's an EAD application. Just say that you have a current application that's past the 75 day mark, and you'd like to see if you can open a service request on it. They will ask some follow up questions, like your A number, when the case was filed etc. They will also ask for your current phone number, email and address. The entire phone call only took about five minutes for me.

Good luck! Hope we all hear something soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know we filed at the end of october but I am getting SOOOO anxious for any sort of movement. It's driving me crazy every day. I know it's getting close but I hate being at the mercy of uscis again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I know we filed at the end of october but I am getting SOOOO anxious for any sort of movement. It's driving me crazy every day. I know it's getting close but I hate being at the mercy of uscis again.

We were about a week before you...and I got my notice on 31st dec, so about a week ago! Good luck, I'm sure it will be any day now!!

Especially after being stuck in the TSC backlog for long...I'm back to my daily routine of waking up and immediately checking my case status to see if anything has changed, and then being disappointed to see the same old status update.

BUT...I'm grateful that I at least get to be with my spouse during this waiting period, and happy that some other TSC survivors have gotten their approvals. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

I sympathize with you as we have a similar timeline and are players in the same waiting game. It took USCIS 2 months to send me a bio appointment date and only after I sent an inquiry. Applicants after me have gotten appointments at the same Baltimore office before me...so weird. After my bio on the 12th, they have 2 days to adjudicate my EAD as it hits the 75 day mark. Good luck to everyone.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I called two days ago, and am still waiting to hear back. (I am beginning to suspect that my file is sitting on the desk of someone who has gone on vacation.) Representatives are available beginning at 8am, but I'm not sure if the line closes at 4pm or 5 pm. I managed to get through to a representative really quickly.

The representative will ask you for your case number, so they'll know it's an EAD application. Just say that you have a current application that's past the 75 day mark, and you'd like to see if you can open a service request on it. They will ask some follow up questions, like your A number, when the case was filed etc. They will also ask for your current phone number, email and address. The entire phone call only took about five minutes for me.

Good luck! Hope we all hear something soon!

Thank you so much Soylent! I will try to call today.. I'm suspecting the same about my case too.. what does exactly the service request do? Is it a request for them to check our file?

Thank you so much Soylent! I will try to call today.. I'm suspecting the same about my case too.. what does exactly the service request do? Is it a request for them to check our file?

Yes, a service request ensures that someone looks at your file.

And it does seem to work because I just got notification that my EAD is approved! No interview skip for me, but so grateful to be able to work again!

I would definitely recommend calling in a service request right away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We were about a week before you...and I got my notice on 31st dec, so about a week ago! Good luck, I'm sure it will be any day now!!

Especially after being stuck in the TSC backlog for long...I'm back to my daily routine of waking up and immediately checking my case status to see if anything has changed, and then being disappointed to see the same old status update.

BUT...I'm grateful that I at least get to be with my spouse during this waiting period, and happy that some other TSC survivors have gotten their approvals. :)

I sympathize with you as we have a similar timeline and are players in the same waiting game. It took USCIS 2 months to send me a bio appointment date and only after I sent an inquiry. Applicants after me have gotten appointments at the same Baltimore office before me...so weird. After my bio on the 12th, they have 2 days to adjudicate my EAD as it hits the 75 day mark. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for all the support! Helps to know others are feeling the same!

And it does seem to work because I just got notification that my EAD is approved! No interview skip for me, but so grateful to be able to work again!

I wouldn't rule that out just yet. One of my friends filed in September. Her ead/ap was approved at about 75 days and her gc was approved 2-3 days later.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

EAD approved today!!! I put in a service request on Monday, the 76 day mark and got the approval today (even though I was told "it will take up to 30 days for a reply")

AOS was received 10/20

Biometrics were done 11/19

EAD approval 1/6 :)

*We didn't apply for AP

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Green card in hand!???????? I supposed to post this yesterday but I have no internet. Hahahaha..

My Timeline: K1/Fiancée Visa

Date of my 129F filed/Sent: February 08, 2015
Date of my NOA1 Received: February 11,2015
Date of my NOA2 Received: March 18, 2015 / Decision: Approved! :dancing:

Date of NVC Received: April 10, 2015
Date of my Packet Received: April 21,2015
My Interview Date&Place: June 29, 2015 at Manila Embassy Philippines :idea:
/ Decision: APPROVED! :shocked: :dancing: :rofl:

VISA in hand: July 15,2015 :thumbs:
Date of my US Entry/POE: July 24,2015 at CHICAGO,IL :wow: :dancing:
Date of our MARRIAGE:September 11,2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :rofl:

---------------------------------
AOS PACKAGED FILED at Chicago,IL (Express mail) :idea:

AOS Date Filed/Sent: October 1, 2015
NOA1 Received: October 6, 2015
RFE: October 22,2015 (yellow paper:on the Household size forgot to fill out but was replied immediately)
Biometrics Date: October 30,2015/Code 3
Decision: WAITING.... :clock:

--------------------------------
EAD Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/15/15 -APPROVED!!

Date Received: 12/19/15

AP Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/14/15- APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Green card in hand!???????? I supposed to post this yesterday but I have no internet. Hahahaha..

So happy for you :)

Congrats again

1/10/15- Petition send by USPS

1/13/15- Received by USCIS

1/15/15- Notice date

1/24/15- Received hard copy NOA1 in mail

2/18/15- APPROVED - text message 9:30pm

2/24/15- NOA2 - received in mail

3/5/15 - Case # assigned by NVC

3/9/15 - In transit to embassy

3/11/15 - Embassy in Warsaw received papers, status changed to ready

3/31/15 - Medicals booked for 4/16/15

4/26/15 - Interview booked for 5/26/15

5/26/15- :dancing::dancing::dancing: VISA APPROVED!!!

08/24/15- Enter to USA

09/12/15- Married

10/06/15- AOS- send

10/07/15- packet received at USCIS Chicago lock box

10/14/15- NOA1 - text, email received this morning

10/29/15- received text RFE on the way :(

11/3/15 - RFE received in the mail

11/4/15 - response to RFE send

11/17/15- received text - mail returned by post office on form I-765 and I-485

12/1/15- AP approved- 56 days - text/email received

12/1/15- EAD approved- 56 days - text/email received

12/5/15 - AP/EAD approval notice received in the mail

12/7/15 - Finally receive appointment letter for biometrics 12/22/15

12/8/15 - Did walk in biometrics

12/8/15 - AP/EAD card ordered

12/14/15- EAD/AP Card received in the mail

2/10/16- AOS- card ordered :dancing:

2/16/16- GC was mailed

2/19/16- Green Card received!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Awesome! Congratulations! So you had EAD approved then a few weeks later your GC?

Yes! After 1 week or more than that but not more than 2weeks.

My Timeline: K1/Fiancée Visa

Date of my 129F filed/Sent: February 08, 2015
Date of my NOA1 Received: February 11,2015
Date of my NOA2 Received: March 18, 2015 / Decision: Approved! :dancing:

Date of NVC Received: April 10, 2015
Date of my Packet Received: April 21,2015
My Interview Date&Place: June 29, 2015 at Manila Embassy Philippines :idea:
/ Decision: APPROVED! :shocked: :dancing: :rofl:

VISA in hand: July 15,2015 :thumbs:
Date of my US Entry/POE: July 24,2015 at CHICAGO,IL :wow: :dancing:
Date of our MARRIAGE:September 11,2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :rofl:

---------------------------------
AOS PACKAGED FILED at Chicago,IL (Express mail) :idea:

AOS Date Filed/Sent: October 1, 2015
RFE: October 22,2015 (yellow paper:on the Household size forgot to fill out but was replied immediately)
Decision: WAITING.... :clock:

EAD Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/15/15 -APPROVED!!

AP Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/14/15- APPROVED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes! After 1 week or more than that but not more than 2weeks.

Wow that's awesome! There is still hope for some of us with recently approved EAD!!!

Congratulations to you both!! Enjoy! (Just realized how many exclamation marks I have used!! Sorry...)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Thank you for the info Soylent! ! And congratulations on your approval! ! :).. Hopefully I will have same luck as you ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.