peanut1

DCF in Israel, not so simple, got a reply to contact Greece.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

My wife and I are planning a route to her citizenship, we live in Israel, I hold dual citizenship, she is only an Israeli citizen. First step is for her to get a CR-1 Visa, followed by Naturalization via 319b.

According to the Jerusalem's consulate's website:

Beginning August 15, 2011, petitioners residing in Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, or Jerusalem who wish to file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, may do so by filing the I-130 with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox at one of the addresses below:
USCIS Chicago Lockbox addresses for regular mail deliveries:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804625

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Exceptional Filing at U.S. Embassies or Consulates without a USCIS Field Office:
Beginning August 15, 2011, petitioners who believe that their situation merits an exception, may request an exception to allow the Consular Section at U.S. Consulate Jerusalem to accept the filing. Each request for an exception will be evaluated individually.
A petitioner seeking to file a Form I-130 at U.S. Consulate Jerusalem should contact the Consular Section by email to request consideration of the request for exception and explain the circumstances in detail. The Consular Section will then relay the request for an exception to the USCIS field office with jurisdiction over the Consulate. The determination of whether the case presents exceptional circumstances that warrant an exception to the general filing process will be made by USCIS. USCIS has published guidance on the circumstances that may qualify as exceptional at:

I emailed them, asking for an exception, and got the following semi-automated response:

Dear Sir;

Thank you for requesting information on how to file an I-130 petition for your relative. We are no longer able to accept I-130 petitions at post. These must be filed directly through the USCIS Chicago Lockbox.

The following are the addresses for the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Chicago Lockbox for regular mail deliveries:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

USCIS Chicago Lockbox address for express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

There are limited exceptions to this rule and any requests for special consideration, must be approved by the regional USCIS office in Athens, Greece If you believe that your request involves medical or special humanitarian consideration, please provide a request in writing to JerusalemIVinquiries@state.gov requesting special consideration. We will forward the request to USCIS for consideration.

Best Wishes,

Immigrant Visa Unit (aab)

Consulate General of the United States in Jerusalem

Do you have any recommendations for letters to grant this type of special consideration?

2 other important facts may be helpful:

1. My wife is currently pregnant, due in December 2015.

2. I was diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago, and am currently undergoing treatment in Israel. Treatments are expected to last about 4 months. (Fortunately I have an optimistic prognosis.)

What would you recommend that we say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As it relates to immigration being pregnant and having a treatable illness aren't exceptional events.

File the I-130 in Chicago and your file will get pushed along. It often works to out to a DCF of sorts in that processing takes less time.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

State the facts, clearly and succinctly, and hope.

You should be aware that these types of expedites are rarely granted, and in all likelihood you will have to use the traditional I-130 process, but it never hurts to ask.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As a note, the CR-1 visa is an immigrant visa for ehr to go and live in the United States; you cannot simply follow it with naturalisation abroad, like you seem to be planning.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.