Dan J

Is it normal or it's just me....

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yanno what? I'm gonna give some food for thought.

YOUR LIFE IS NOT ON HOLD! YOUR LIFE IS RIGHT NOW!

Don't get me wrong, I get hung up on a lot of things too...but at the end of the day, every one of us can occupy ourselves with LOADS of stuff before our SOs get here. Sometimes I get hung up on this that or the other, and I realize that I'm just being pathetic cos whinging about having no life is easier than creating one. And D has a very full life...friends, events, job, etc....and sometimes I can micromanage a situation cos I'm sat here waiting for him to call. And God forbid he's 15 mins late :lol: but that's only when I'm particularly needy.

And I really don't do 'needy' under normal circumstances.

Yes, it's easy to whinge cos I moved back from the UK to a different area and the people here are a bit strange, and I haven't really met any great people with whom I have loads in common...yeah I can sit here and say 'oh my life's on hold til he gets here' but really....at the end of the day....while D is a HUGE part of my life, he's not my life.

The mindset is everything. I'm not gonna stress him out more by constantly whining how I miss him/etc. So I've taken steps to make my own life fuller, and it's actually helped quite a bit! I feel happier than I have in a long time, and it's removed most of the stress that was causing bs petty fights between me & D.

I'd reccommend anyone here to try it. Take a good look at your life and recognize the things you can change that are in your control. I assure you, the time goes by so much quicker and you'll feel much better too :thumbs:

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe for you but for me life is on hold. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or lonely - far from it. I've got my immediate family and very close friends all within 20 minutes drive. I still spend time with them but not as much as I used to do before meeting my wife. Given my full time work, her full time training class, and the fact that we're in direct opposite timezones we have a very limited window to spend together (online). For that reason we both make sacrifices. For instance, I could go to the local NHL hockey game tonight with great company seats but instead I'm going to go home after work and talk to my wife in Skype for a bit before she leaves for training. I'll still catch the game on TV but if my wife was here we'd be going to the game together. Another part of things being on hold for me is there's plenty of stuff I'd like to do around the place but I'm not going to do it before she is here because I want her input. Okay back to watching the clock here... :clock::D

Edited by Robor007

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: Timeline

Maybe for you but for me life is on hold. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or lonely - far from it. I've got my immediate family and very close friends all within 20 minutes drive. I still spend time with them but not as much as I used to do before meeting my wife. Given my full time work, her full time training class, and the fact that we're in direct opposite timezones we have a very limited window to spend together (online). For that reason we both make sacrifices. For instance, I could go to the local NHL hockey game tonight with great company seats but instead I'm going to go home after work and talk to my wife in Skype for a bit before she leaves for training. I'll still catch the game on TV but if my wife was here we'd be going to the game together. Another part of things being on hold for me is there's plenty of stuff I'd like to do around the place but I'm not going to do it before she is here because I want her input. Okay back to watching the clock here... :clock::D

Don't get me wrong either.....but if you and your wife are solid and everything's wonderful, why not go to the game and find time afterwards? Or send emails?

Believe me, I know what you're talking about, but imo...there's got to be some balance. If you miss this game, make sure you go to the next one. Or get a cellphone that has internet capabilities and chat during halftime or whatever. But if you willingly choose to forego the game, that's fine and good...but how exactly is that having your life on hold?

There's more than one way to approach a situation, and all I'm trying to show is that perspective is everything. Don't say 'oh my life is on hold' because it's really not...life waits for no one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:thumbs: agreed, i doubt anyones lifes stop, but alot of the decisions on the house, car etc can wait for awhile

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Don't get me wrong either.....but if you and your wife are solid and everything's wonderful, why not go to the game and find time afterwards? Or send emails?

Believe me, I know what you're talking about, but imo...there's got to be some balance. If you miss this game, make sure you go to the next one. Or get a cellphone that has internet capabilities and chat during halftime or whatever. But if you willingly choose to forego the game, that's fine and good...but how exactly is that having your life on hold?

There's more than one way to approach a situation, and all I'm trying to show is that perspective is everything. Don't say 'oh my life is on hold' because it's really not...life waits for no one.

We all find ways to make it work for us while we wait...otherwise it would drive us crazy thinking about it... :whistle:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

Just curious,

Does anyone experience sleep deprivation thing and lack of appetite during this visa process. It's just I'm starting to have those troubles. I hope it's a normal thing to have. I can't sleep yet so I post this topic :lol:

Congrats!!! You just excited
:yes:

:lol:
I did sleep well and eat normal but i feel missing my friends and philippines already..I'm not even flying yet
:lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It can sure put your life on hold for awhile.

Life on hold = a perfect description. :thumbs:

Those who haven't done it have no idea how it affects daily life. My friends/family ask how the process is going and I just tell them we're still waiting. They ask how much longer and I guess 3-5 months. Then they say, 'oh, that's not too bad'. Excuse me but ####### is that kind of answer is that? :blink: Given that we've already been apart for the first 3 months of our marriage I think another 3-5 months is a LONG friggin' time!

It sounds too long to me especially if you're already married! UGH! 3-5 months is long.

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I don't know if it's my lack of sleep lately or what but I could not stop laughing after reading this response. It is so true how many people in our lives that aren't going through this act like time is just not an issue. And no, in reality it's not like even a year is that much time when you really think about it but I know for many of us waiting around on VJ, our days go by a bit slower. I guess that's the point LisaD is trying to make. Keep living your life as much as you can and time does fly by faster BUT that sure is hard sometimes. Especially when oen of the biggest parts of your life is not with you to live it.

Anyway...just wanted to let you know that you made me laugh because I feel the exact same way ever so often.

Erin :luv:

Those who haven't done it have no idea how it affects daily life. My friends/family ask how the process is going and I just tell them we're still waiting. They ask how much longer and I guess 3-5 months. Then they say, 'oh, that's not too bad'. Excuse me but ####### is that kind of answer is that? :blink: Given that we've already been apart for the first 3 months of our marriage I think another 3-5 months is a LONG friggin' time!
Edited by eap620

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll tell you, I've always had an insomnia thing, especially once I quit drinking alcohol.

But since I returned from the Philippines, I have never been so depressed! Its getting better now, but the first week back (last week) was HELL! I was so depressed, I couldn't sleep. Now, I just cant sleep- I was up until 4AM last night!

So I can only imagine how the next year is going to be. And its going to be worse for me because I will be employed full time and going to school full time. I commented to my mother "I wish I was getting paid for this, I'm kicking ### with research and work for this process!" :)

But ultimately, its being love sick, I'm convinced! i'm just thankful I get to see her again in 5 months

TIMELINE: (CR-1)

06/02/06: Introduced

02/23/07: Engaged

08/07/07: Married

11/15/07: I-130 Submitted

1/24/08: Received

3/24/08: APPROVED

04/21/08: Letter from NVC, $70.00 Bill

05/27/08: I-864 Packet Sent

05/30/08: Choice of Agent E-mail Accepted (9 dys)

06/02/08: IV Bill Paid Online

06/05/08: DS-230 Requested

06/02/08: I-864A RFE Generated

06/09/08: DS-230 Received

06/13/08: CASE COMPLETE (7 mo)

08/01/08: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

08/06/08: Medical: PASSED

08/14/08: Interview: APPROVED!

08/15/08: Visa Pick-up

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I don't feel as if my entire life is "on hold", but there are certainly aspects of it that are. I can't go out for a romantic dinner when my husband's five thousand miles away, but I can go out to dinner. I can't curl up on the sofa and cuddle with Gary while watching a film, but I can enjoy one on my own.

The time difference is what gets to me the most. I hate not being able to talk to him at night because London is seven hours ahead and he's fast asleep. I know I could call if I really needed to talk to him, but I'm not going to ring him at 4 am just to chat.

I think it's different if you've been married or lived together for a few years and then had to separate because of the immigration process. You get used to the luxury of always having your SO around, and there's quite a large hole in your life when they're not. When I was going through the process of getting a UK fiance visa years ago, I felt excitement more than anything else. I missed Gary, but no where near as much as I miss him now. Of course, that entire process took a lot less time and didn't involve any complications like we have now, so that might have had something to do with it.

I've always had bouts of insomnia, so I can't blame immigration for that. Sleep is overrated, anyway. Except for naps. Naps are lurvly. :)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

A curious topic indeed.

Let's split the combined K-1/K-3 Immigration road for a moment, those that lived with their SO, then returned to the US to begin the process > and those that met in another way, had a few in person meetings; and await the process.

Does anyone believe that the ones that lived together for a number of years, have more difficulty, than those that never lived together?

I do.

Thoughts?

Edited by William33

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
A curious topic indeed.

Let's split the combined K-1/K-3 Immigration road for a moment, those that lived with their SO, then returned to the US to begin the process > and those that met in another way, had a few in person meetings; and await the process.

Does anyone believe that the ones that lived together for a number of years, have more difficulty, than those that never lived together?

I do.

Thoughts?

no comment :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm doing a whole lot better than when i first returned from morocco and was proposed to. i was a hermit and depressed for a short while then snapped out of it! this is my time for ME...to improve ME...to do things for ME...once he gets here it won't be all about me anymore...(which i'm happy to share, btw, but for now i want to indulge) i think partly because i am used to being alone. i haven't ever lived with him for a significant amount of time. i think it was hard at first because we were together every second for two weeks straight on my last trip....i can't imagine how it must be for some of you who were together for months and years at a time!

i'm definitely using this time to strengthen and improve my life for when my fiance gets here. everything i do i think of him when i make a decision. buying furniture for the apartment, what job i take (how will the schedule work for me so i can travel to see him or make sure i will have time for him when he arrives) everything!

but also spending time with my friends! going out for drinks and doing girly things i will not get to do for a minute when he arrives.

i don't know why i didn't become obsessive with this k-1 process. i haven't been checking my email every 2 minutes to see if CRIS wrote me with an approval. i didn't run to check my mail the minute i think the mailman came. i really thought i'd be that way.... :huh:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

A curious topic indeed.

I do.

Thoughts?

It's just my thought. The ones that lived together for a number of years don't have more difficulty than those who never lived together. What I mean is to be physically together does work better. There are times when a warm and tight hugs is giving more supportive and positive feeling than to just listening or reading lines of words. That's just one of the good sides.

keTiiDCjGVo

i'm doing a whole lot better than when i first returned from morocco and was proposed to. i was a hermit and depressed for a short while then snapped out of it! this is my time for ME...to improve ME...to do things for ME...once he gets here it won't be all about me anymore...(which i'm happy to share, btw, but for now i want to indulge) i think partly because i am used to being alone. i haven't ever lived with him for a significant amount of time. i think it was hard at first because we were together every second for two weeks straight on my last trip....i can't imagine how it must be for some of you who were together for months and years at a time!

i'm definitely using this time to strengthen and improve my life for when my fiance gets here. everything i do i think of him when i make a decision. buying furniture for the apartment, what job i take (how will the schedule work for me so i can travel to see him or make sure i will have time for him when he arrives) everything!

but also spending time with my friends! going out for drinks and doing girly things i will not get to do for a minute when he arrives.

i don't know why i didn't become obsessive with this k-1 process. i haven't been checking my email every 2 minutes to see if CRIS wrote me with an approval. i didn't run to check my mail the minute i think the mailman came. i really thought i'd be that way.... :huh:

That one is the most working for me to cope with this whole visa process

keTiiDCjGVo