Omeka

N-400 September 2015 filers

793 posts in this topic

Almost_umrican - I took a look at your timeline. There is no need to worry. You are progressing normally. You were placed in line for an interview 30 days before your 3-year anniversary date, which is standard. FYI, USCIS cannot schedule your interview before you hit/pass the 3yr or 5yr anniversary of your GC date. I expect you will be scheduled shortly after Nov. 28. I was in line for 44 days before my interview was scheduled and it was scheduled about 13 days after my GC anniversary date.

Thanks for the info Nextgen. Makes absolute sense. Also, i am not worried. just wanting to get done like many others

I called USCIS today and spoke to a Tier 2 rep. He informed me that my case is still pending background check which is why I have not yet been placed in line for an interview. I was expecting to be placed in line on Nov20th (which is 1 month away from my anniversary date)

Keep in mind that Tier 1 reps are usually contractors. Tier 2 reps are actual immigration officers and they will identify themselves as such over the phone. He also said that I am still within the 5 months processing time frame for the Santa Ana office. I'm not feeling very hopeful though after searching around a lot and finding posts of people who have been stuck in background checks for ages!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Had my interview on Monday and got approved! Everything went very smoothly and the officer was super friendly. Did not even wanna see any documents (tax returns etc.). Now just waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled... I hope it doesn't take long but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Had my interview on Monday and got approved! Everything went very smoothly and the officer was super friendly. Did not even wanna see any documents (tax returns etc.). Now just waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled... I hope it doesn't take long but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Almost_umrican - I took a look at your timeline. There is no need to worry. You are progressing normally. You were placed in line for an interview 30 days before your 3-year anniversary date, which is standard. FYI, USCIS cannot schedule your interview before you hit/pass the 3yr or 5yr anniversary of your GC date

They can schedule you, but the interview date has to be after you hit 3 or 5 years anniversary. I've got letter with interview appointment before my 3 yrs date, but actuall appointment date is after I will hit 3 yrs.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

And what about us that already made the 5th anniversary, like me? My first GC is from 2008! Our cases should be expedited then... ;)

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

They can schedule you, but the interview date has to be after you hit 3 or 5 years anniversary. I've got letter with interview appointment before my 3 yrs date, but actuall appointment date is after I will hit 3 yrs.

- Victor from Russia

i believe this is correct

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

- Victor from Russia

They can interview you before your 3yr or 5yr anniversary and many have been. You can however not get an oath ceremony before those anniversaries.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Interview notice was sitting in the mail today. Notice date - November 23rd 2015. Interview date - Jan. 7th 2016. That seems far but will surely come. Enough time to prepare.

If you educate a man, you liberate a man.

Hi everyone,

A quick question. Does my spouse have to be at the interview? I can't remember.

She is heavily pregnant and I would prefer if she didn't have to go through the stress of coming for the interview if she is not required to attend

Please help! Thanks!

12/4/10 - Married
03/9/11 - AOS package sent via USPS
03/10/11 - AOS package received by USCIS
03/14/11 - Email and Text notification received from USCIS
03/14/11 - Checks cashed by USCIS (got notification from bank on 03/15/11)
03/18/11 - NOA1 received in the mail (all four of them)
03/26/11 - Biometrics received for 04/20 (postmarked 03/23)
04/20/11 - Biometrics done today!
05/09/11 - Got my EAD in the mail today!!!
05/16/11 - Interview letter received for 06/20!!!
06/20/11 - Interview done, APPROVED! 2 year Green Card!

4/27/13 - I-751 Package for ROC mailed

4/29/13 - I-751 Package delivered by USPS to VSC

5/12/13 - NOA in the mail (dated 4/30/13)

Timeline

Hi everyone,

A quick question. Does my spouse have to be at the interview? I can't remember.

She is heavily pregnant and I would prefer if she didn't have to go through the stress of coming for the interview if she is not required to attend

Please help! Thanks!

Nope!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is anybody here their field office is Chicago.I have been waiting inline status more then 2 months.If I don't get my interview date this week I will call next friday,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I passed the civil & english test 11/25!

Got a N652 form states that Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.

Now I just have to wait for the oath ceremony letter. Hopefully come before Christmas. :goofy:

Timeline

I passed the civil & english test 11/25!

Got a N652 form states that Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.

Now I just have to wait for the oath ceremony letter. Hopefully come before Christmas. :goofy:

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.