amuli

Administrative Processing in Beirut, Lebanon: K1 visa

72 posts in this topic

...If your AP don't expect an answer back.

Yes. The vibe that I'm getting is that they just toss these cases aside until someone decides to give them a push on their back. What do you suggest?

From my personal experience and from what I have read on other's posts in the AP forums, your idea is rather silly.

In our experience, the embassy was working on our case and we had progress. While we experienced a delay when our case hit "READY" in NIV status, and the way Amuli's delay was, to me, those are legitimate delays. I was in Ready for 40 days and seen several cases get issued even ones that were on the same status as us. Amuli is/was on the last step before issuance.

Getting a rep involved when you haven't even waited two weeks won't get you too much results. I could be wrong, but you haven't given the embassy time to work on your case. USEM's don't need to reply to Congressional inquires with anything different than the information they give you. If you don't give the USEM time to work your case and go directly to a legislative person, don't feel stone-walled if they won't take any action until you have actually waited on the process.

Signature coming soon...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

From my personal experience and from what I have read on other's posts in the AP forums, your idea is rather silly.

In our experience, the embassy was working on our case and we had progress. While we experienced a delay when our case hit "READY" in NIV status, and the way Amuli's delay was, to me, those are legitimate delays. I was in Ready for 40 days and seen several cases get issued even ones that were on the same status as us. Amuli is/was on the last step before issuance.

Getting a rep involved when you haven't even waited two weeks won't get you too much results. I could be wrong, but you haven't given the embassy time to work on your case. USEM's don't need to reply to Congressional inquires with anything different than the information they give you. If you don't give the USEM time to work your case and go directly to a legislative person, don't feel stone-walled if they won't take any action until you have actually waited on the process.

I see.

Its frustrating, all they told my fiancee is wait until we check with legal then you can bring your passport back for the visa. No indications on how long that takes, it took me 5 minutes to pull the legislation that says our marriage will be valid, 5 mins!! The part that is pissing me off is the lack of communication since the interview. I used to email them constantly before the interview and they always replied within one day, now its like we are going to leave you in limbo and not even reply. Just an email saying we are working on it please be patient will lift my spirits at this point.

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

I see.

Its frustrating, all they told my fiancee is wait until we check with legal then you can bring your passport back for the visa. No indications on how long that takes, it took me 5 minutes to pull the legislation that says our marriage will be valid, 5 mins!! The part that is pissing me off is the lack of communication since the interview. I used to email them constantly before the interview and they always replied within one day, now its like we are going to leave you in limbo and not even reply. Just an email saying we are working on it please be patient will lift my spirits at this point.

Every email you send them causes them to take time to read and decide how to respond to that email and then the time to respond. That time needs to be devoted to working cases. They work 8 hours and they have many more cases than just your case.

From my experience working in a case load job, you purge the case out to a time when you can work on it. For example, they might plan to work on the case in two or three weeks to give you time to respond to the request. So they may have a particular day when they expect to work on the case. If they worked willy nilly on each piece of information that walked through the door, very little would get done. They are working on older cases right now and getting to the information that someone had sent in two or three weeks before you guys had your interview.

They plan their work and work their plan. You ain't there yet - wait for at least an update or two, and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Every email you send them causes them to take time to read and decide how to respond to that email and then the time to respond. That time needs to be devoted to working cases. They work 8 hours and they have many more cases than just your case.

From my experience working in a case load job, you purge the case out to a time when you can work on it. For example, they might plan to work on the case in two or three weeks to give you time to respond to the request. So they may have a particular day when they expect to work on the case. If they worked willy nilly on each piece of information that walked through the door, very little would get done. They are working on older cases right now and getting to the information that someone had sent in two or three weeks before you guys had your interview.

They plan their work and work their plan. You ain't there yet - wait for at least an update or two, and you might be pleasantly surprised!

I pray that it won't be long. I can't help being frustrated thou because its like the grocery store if you have a long line infant of you but you only have one item, there should be a self checkout or express line for smaller things. I just hope our issue is a small one and our visa gets approved quickly, its taking a toll on my psychi

Edited by SuperSaiyanVisa

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

Well Well well after 14 days in AP (8 business days) the embassy called my fiancee instructing us to drop off her passport, and that it will take 1 week for it to be ready. status still shows AP. Does this mean we can smile again? lol

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

She dropped off her passport today and was given a card that is stamped with a "Dec 9th pickup date". Do i need to check the status updates on ceac.state.gov until it says ISSUED or should we just go Dec 9th regardless of what it says.

Yayyy!!!! Congrats, this is exciting, so happy for you!

Thanks, hopefully not much longer now. Whats your latest?

K1 Visa Journey

She dropped off her passport today and was given a card that is stamped with a "Dec 9th pickup date". Do i need to check the status updates on ceac.state.gov until it says ISSUED or should we just go Dec 9th regardless of what it says.

Just have her go on December 9th, but I know you are going to be checking your ceac.gov status like crazy! LOL! It might change on Sunday or Monday, but it could change eariler than that. They should have it ready unless they have computer complications.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Just have her go on December 9th, but I know you are going to be checking your ceac.gov status like crazy! LOL! It might change on Sunday or Monday, but it could change eariler than that. They should have it ready unless they have computer complications.

Thanks for calming me enough not to reach out to my representatives, total over reaction on my part

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

Was it an orange slip? When my fiance had his interview, they asked him to bring his passport and then was given an orange slip that had the next week's date on it to come back and pick up his passport. So when he came back on that date he picked up the passport but no visa. Hopefully yours is different and they will really issue your fiance's visa on the 9th. Especially since she is a woman I think women get visas quicker than men :) Keep us updated.

Timeline

Was it an orange slip? When my fiance had his interview, they asked him to bring his passport and then was given an orange slip that had the next week's date on it to come back and pick up his passport. So when he came back on that date he picked up the passport but no visa. Hopefully yours is different and they will really issue your fiance's visa on the 9th. Especially since she is a woman I think women get visas quicker than men :) Keep us updated.

Yea the orange slip exactly. at that time do you remember what your ceac.state.gov status said? I get "AP" when i enter our case number and "no status" when i enter the DS160 number.

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

Yea the orange slip exactly. at that time do you remember what your ceac.state.gov status said? I get "AP" when i enter our case number and "no status" when i enter the DS160 number.

Actually I had no idea about the CEAC site at that time. I only started checking the site on the day they gave him back his passport with no visa... I entered his case number and it said AP. But I do know that it said "Case created: August 4" ... and August 4 was the day they gave him back his passport. So I'm not really sure!

But I will mention that on the day my fiance picked up his passport after the orange slip... there were 3 guys that didn't get the K1 visa, but the girl that was there did get the K1 visa.

Timeline

Hate to say it but same situation here. Got the call said he was approved and bring in the passport. Orange slip issued to come back in 10 days for the visa We booked flights then they told him to pick up his passport two days prior that visa wasn't ready. Now six weeks later they call to say they need another document... So back to waiting. When we checked online in the meantime it said non immigration admin processing with creation date the day they told him to pick up the passport. Prior to that it was immigration AP.

Hope that's not the case for you.

Keep us updated! We are all in the same frustrating wait game.

Timeline

Actually I had no idea about the CEAC site at that time. I only started checking the site on the day they gave him back his passport with no visa... I entered his case number and it said AP. But I do know that it said "Case created: August 4" ... and August 4 was the day they gave him back his passport. So I'm not really sure!

But I will mention that on the day my fiance picked up his passport after the orange slip... there were 3 guys that didn't get the K1 visa, but the girl that was there did get the K1 visa.

Hate to say it but same situation here. Got the call said he was approved and bring in the passport. Orange slip issued to come back in 10 days for the visa We booked flights then they told him to pick up his passport two days prior that visa wasn't ready. Now six weeks later they call to say they need another document... So back to waiting. When we checked online in the meantime it said non immigration admin processing with creation date the day they told him to pick up the passport. Prior to that it was immigration AP.

Hope that's not the case for you.

Keep us updated! We are all in the same frustrating wait game.

Oh God!

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

No updates on ceac statuses. "AP" and "no status"

One more day before the "supposed" pick up date. If no updates tomorrow we might not be going, it's too expensive and troublesome to get to the embassy just to hear "it's not ready"

K1 Visa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.