amuli

Administrative Processing in Beirut, Lebanon: K1 visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

So I've been reading a lot of posts on here about the AP waiting period. People have stated that it's a good sign when the status on the CEAC site changes from AP --> Ready --> AP then it would be issued very soon. I also read that it's a good sign when you put in the case number under immigrant visa... but at the top it says Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Anyone know more about this?

I always put my fiance's case number into the immigrant visa section on the CEAC site "check my visa application status"... Says:

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Application ID or Case Number: BRTxxxxxxxxxx01 BRT Case Creation Date: 04-Aug-2015 Status Updated Date: 27-Aug-2015

The status was last updated on 10-Aug-2015. Then this. On 10-Aug-2015 it also said Nonimmigrant Visa Application up there. Does this really mean anything?Whether it says Immigrant vs Nonimmigrant Visa Application at the top? Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it means something. When it changes from "Immigrant" to "Nonimmigrant" it means your visa will be issued soon. You will see that your NIV case status updated too if you use the AA# from the DS-160 into the NIV section of ceac.gov. They touched it last on August 27th, so they seem like they are taking a while to issue the visa, but you are nearly there! Don't worry!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Yes, it means something. When it changes from "Immigrant" to "Nonimmigrant" it means your visa will be issued soon. You will see that your NIV case status updated too if you use the AA# from the DS-160 into the NIV section of ceac.gov. They touched it last on August 27th, so they seem like they are taking a while to issue the visa, but you are nearly there! Don't worry!

That gives me a little bit of hope that it won't take too long! It's been a while since they touched it so hopefully the status will change soon. Your timeline is soooo similar to mine! I sent my paperwork to the Dallas lockbox first of March and it took 2 weeks to get approved. Your fiance lives in a Middle Eastern country as well. Good luck :) Hopefully both of our statuses will change very soon.

That gives me a little bit of hope that it won't take too long! It's been a while since they touched it so hopefully the status will change soon. Your timeline is soooo similar to mine! I sent my paperwork to the Dallas lockbox first of March and it took 2 weeks to get approved. Your fiance lives in a Middle Eastern country as well. Good luck :) Hopefully both of our statuses will change very soon.

Well, Afg is Asia, but it's counted in MENA.

What does your AA# from the DS-160 show? Our case still says "Ready", but just got an update. Our AA# changed with two cases - one case creation for right before his interview, and updated today, and the other case creation for September 3rd, when our case came out of AP and updated today.

Signature coming soon...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It might, call their office or send them an email, explaining the situation see what they can do.

Did you try emailing the embassy?

I emailed the embassy and they didn't say anything helpful! They wrote the same thing that was sent to my fiance when he asked. I'll give it a few more weeks and get in contact with the congressman and see if there's anything they can do for us or get any kind of information.

I feel your angst. The last email we got from our embassy was on August 26th (from an email we sent on August 16th) saying that my fiance should have already been contacted to pick up his passport, and if he hadn't, to send another email. We have sent four emails since then, and nothing.

To make matters worse, I found five KBL cases that were all fiance cases, all created after our case, interviewed after us, and updated after us. ALL FIVE were updated to AP on September 20th, which means they will all get their visas this week! ARGH!!! But you haven't heard anything for three weeks longer than we have.

Interesting, that your last update was a Thursday. Both my updates (Sept 3rd and 10th) were also on Thursdays. Hopefully a meaningless coincidence.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I feel your angst. The last email we got from our embassy was on August 26th (from an email we sent on August 16th) saying that my fiance should have already been contacted to pick up his passport, and if he hadn't, to send another email. We have sent four emails since then, and nothing.

To make matters worse, I found five KBL cases that were all fiance cases, all created after our case, interviewed after us, and updated after us. ALL FIVE were updated to AP on September 20th, which means they will all get their visas this week! ARGH!!! But you haven't heard anything for three weeks longer than we have.

Interesting, that your last update was a Thursday. Both my updates (Sept 3rd and 10th) were also on Thursdays. Hopefully a meaningless coincidence.

That is soooo frustrating :( I can't believe they haven't responded to your emails or tried to reach you guys. I wonder what the hold up is. Does your fiance want to go to the embassy and see what's going on?

Were you just typing in different case numbers? I was doing that too and checking other peoples' statuses.

I found the significance with Thursdays too. I always wonder if something new will happen on a Thursday. Maybe this week.

That is soooo frustrating :( I can't believe they haven't responded to your emails or tried to reach you guys. I wonder what the hold up is. Does your fiance want to go to the embassy and see what's going on?

Were you just typing in different case numbers? I was doing that too and checking other peoples' statuses.

I found the significance with Thursdays too. I always wonder if something new will happen on a Thursday. Maybe this week.

So we got a response from the NIV email we sent. The said their records indicate the embassy recently (HA!) dropped off his passport and the embassy will be moving forward with processing his visa. It was sent by US time, not Kabul time. The NIV must not be exclusive to the post.

Yes, I was typing in case numbers in ceac.gov. I also follow a Facebook site for special immigrant visas, so I see the chatter. The guys there say they get issued during the week and their pick up emails on the end of Thursday.

This Sunday was a busy week for my embassy since they will be off this week from Thursday to Sunday. If we get issued, we will need to wait, but it would be nice to know that it's moving forward!

My guy might need to move the end of September, so we don't know exactly what we will do. So we are trying to get to the step you are in now, but I don't want to wait as long as you have! But at least I can use your time frame as a reference.

A recent thread I found was someone in Bogota, Colombia - took them two weeks in AP. Another responded from Manila, Philippines that it took them three weeks. Many are only a few days, but not always.

Signature coming soon...

We got a response from the IV section today - again during US working hours, so probably not the actual embassy sending the message. They told us they are working on the final visa package for issuance, but that because of their volume, it may take a few days before it's finalized. At least we heard something back. Our case has been waiting for a month to be 'finalized' and one of those five cases I am following was issued today.

I'm in good spirits though. We still should get it in time for our October or early November entry time we want. One thing I don't think I mentioned earlier: both our updates since we've been in "Ready" has been during US hours and these other cases received updates during Kabul hours. I don't know what that means, but if I'm in AP this Thursday, maybe that's what's supposed to happen? The embassy is off, but if the update happens during US working hours, the Kabul holiday won't matter. However, if the federal government is furloughed, we could be affected.

Signature coming soon...

I emailed the embassy and they didn't say anything helpful! They wrote the same thing that was sent to my fiance when he asked. I'll give it a few more weeks and get in contact with the congressman and see if there's anything they can do for us or get any kind of information.

Any good news for us Amuli? Any updates or even an issuance? (Btw, you don't have a timeline filled out. It really helps other Lebanese users!)

I'm at the point where I'm going to ask for Congressional assistance after I return from a trip. I'm going to send them an email with my plans and situation. I didn't include everything we are going through, and I will be as concise as possible, but this is ridiculous when now I am seeing a new round of cases getting ready to pass us! We have been in ready for 28 days and our last update was 21 days ago.

I hope you are issued by now!!!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

No good news for us yet. Nothing has changed and the date our cased was last touched was Aug. 27. It's really depressing waking up every morning and checking the site and seeing no change. I don't even want to bother emailing the embassy in Lebanon because I know they won't do anything. I'm going to give it a few more weeks... I want to see if there will be any changes in October. If not then I'm going to make an appointment with our congressman and see if there's anything he can find out or do for us.

Sooooo frustrating :( keep us updated on your situation too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.