amuli

Administrative Processing in Beirut, Lebanon: K1 visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

No updates on ceac statuses. "AP" and "no status"

One more day before the "supposed" pick up date. If no updates tomorrow we might not be going, it's too expensive and troublesome to get to the embassy just to hear "it's not ready"

Was going to ask you about how things went, but then I saw your timeline and noticed your fiancee just came :) Congrats! Happy your visa journey was a smooth one!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So update on our case... My fiancé was given a card to pick up passport this past Wednesday. But once again they told him it wasn't ready and perhaps on Monday. Very upset, heartbroken and frustrated. Monday is our last shot before the holiday break. Now today our status on line has changed a few times from AP to ready and back to AP. NVC says it just needs to be printed. Fingers crossed for Monday. If not... I don't know what to think anymore. It's been a horrible few days.

Timeline

The embassy seems to be unorganized, you've been waiting so long : (

So when you called NVC they can see whats going on with your case? When you checked your case online did it say Immigrant or Non Immigrant?

Timeline

The embassy seems to be unorganized, you've been waiting so long : (

So when you called NVC they can see whats going on with your case? When you checked your case online did it say Immigrant or Non Immigrant?

Yea we been in non immi AP since October. Yea the NVC says it just needs to be printed everything ready and looks good

Timeline

Finally!!!!! Visa in hand! And my fiancé will be here tomorrow God willing.

Best of luck to all you waiting out there! Hang in there it's worth it in the end

Awww, congrats :) How exciting! Suddenly he's on the next flight! Very happy for you after the long struggle!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Timeline
On 12/17/2017 at 8:08 PM, EmilyK said:

Hey, did you ever hear back anything from the consulate? Did you get your visa yet? My husband just did his interview on 11/29, it was put into AP on 12/8...we are wondering how long the AP is going to take. 

Sorry I haven't checked this site in so long! They ended up calling him to pick up his visa on May 11. We were in AP for about 9 months, idk what the hold up was. He booked his flight right away and traveled to the U.S. on May 26, 2016 :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Justhelping123 said:

Since this post is from 2015 can you tell me now how long administrative processing took for you. My husband had his interview in late December and its now almost April and no word yet

Hey girl. AP took 9 months for us. They called him in May 2016 to give him the visa, and he was in USA by the end of the month. It's so hard to wait but hang in there! Every 6 weeks or so I would email my congressman and they would inquire about our case for us. Best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.