amuli

Administrative Processing in Beirut, Lebanon: K1 visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good idea. So sorry to hear things are not going well for you guys either :( It seems like you are at the end of the process, and should be issued soon, but I'm not sure why other applicants are getting ahead of you. I know people have said getting a congressman involved doesn't help... But I had a family friend tell us that they involved our congressman in their visa in Lebanon (I don't think it was a K1) and they issued the visa for them soon after. So I'm really not sure how it'll turn out for us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news, amuli?

Our visa was finally issued last night! We were in AP for 59 days after the interview, in Ready for 40 days, then in the NIV AP for only one day.

Hopefully yours moved!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Any news, amuli?

Our visa was finally issued last night! We were in AP for 59 days after the interview, in Ready for 40 days, then in the NIV AP for only one day.

Hopefully yours moved!

That's so exciting! Congrats! Ours is still actually in the same status, it's been about 2 and a half months in AP. I emailed my district's congresswoman and hopefully she can do something, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

So when is your fiance coming to the states?!

That's so exciting! Congrats! Ours is still actually in the same status, it's been about 2 and a half months in AP. I emailed my district's congresswoman and hopefully she can do something, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

So when is your fiance coming to the states?!

Remember there are two different AP's (at least). For fiance cases, there is the AP after the interview if they need to further process the case. Then the AP you go in when they are printing the visa. The first one is when your case says "Immigrant" on ceac.gov and the second is when it changes to "Nonimmigrant" as yours has. Make sure you point that out to the congressional rep so they don't pass you off as if you are in the first AP.

We are thinking he should come here November 11th, when I have a holiday, so I can take enough days off to enjoy my new marriage! Our case changed to AP the day after I had prepared a Congressional inquiry request. I was going to fax it in that day! After it changed to AP, I was concerned that our AP was going to last as long as yours, so we waited and tried to contain our excitement.

Have you tried emailing the NIV section? After our case was in Ready for long enough, I emailed the IV and NIV section. We eventually received a response back from both. They both confirmed that our visa was in final processing...which took another three weeks or so! Oy vey!

Signature coming soon...

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Amuli:

I am in your current situation as well. However we went through over five months of immigration admin processing . Then was finally contacted with approval, asked to bring passport, dropped off passport was told visa would be ready in ten days. My fiancé made travel plans and then was called day before pickup to say it wasn't ready and to just pick up his passport and wait for call. Oct 21 status changed to non immigrant admin processing. Updated again on Oct 28 and nothing now. Has your situation been solved? Any news? It's very frustrating since we already went through a long five months of admin processing before approval. Would appreciate anyone's insight.

Good luck to all!

Also, any luck with contacting government representatives? I think I am at that point now.

Timeline

Hi Amuli:

I am in your current situation as well. However we went through over five months of immigration admin processing . Then was finally contacted with approval, asked to bring passport, dropped off passport was told visa would be ready in ten days. My fiancé made travel plans and then was called day before pickup to say it wasn't ready and to just pick up his passport and wait for call. Oct 21 status changed to non immigrant admin processing. Updated again on Oct 28 and nothing now. Has your situation been solved? Any news? It's very frustrating since we already went through a long five months of admin processing before approval. Would appreciate anyone's insight.

Good luck to all!

Also, any luck with contacting government representatives? I think I am at that point now.

Hey Om Samir,

There is still no update on our visa. Interview was July 28, they asked him to bring his passport in, then gave it back to him and we have been in AP since then. Our case hasn't even been touched since Aug 27. We have emailed them 3 times, and got the same response each time. So your fiance got approved after 5 months but they still haven't given him the visa? So strange. Has he tried calling them and seeing what's going on? I emailed a local congresswoman but did not get a reply. I figured she was too busy anyways, but I am thinking of calling and setting up an appointment. I don't know if there is anything she can do to help. Talking to a congressman might be helpful for you guys.

When was your fiance's interview? Let me know how things go for you!

Timeline

Omg how frustrating !! I can't believe they are doing this to people. My fiancé interview was April 23. Went into immigrant admin processing after that while they requested more info and paper. Then we were contacted stating that we were approved buy needed to do a new med exam because it was 6 months passed. And as with you told us to drop off passport, orange slip given.. Then picked up passport with no visa . In non immigrant admin processing now since October 21, last updated October 28 and nothing since. As you know emailing them doesn't help, we get a standard response. I just emailed our local congresswoman a few days ago but no response yet.

I feel your pain, hopefully we have good news soon! Will keep you updated and you do too please as well.

Best wishes

Amuli,

Check the senator's website. You need to sign a release form and your foreign fiance may need to sign it too. They might only respond when you send that.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amuli..

talk to your district congressman, they will be able to contact embassy for faster status update.. I did that with my fiance case and it did help and the status changed many time before they called him for his interview .

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Anything new???

My fiancee interviewed 11/19 and was put on AP for something stupid. Haven't heard anything since

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Timeline

I contacted our local congresswoman last week. Signed a waiver they requested and waiting to hear back on her inquiry. My case status was finally updated yesterday but still showing non immigration admin processing. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but If your in beruit embassy you might be in AP longer then expected.

I actually called NVC non immigrant customer service today. They are able to see what notes the embassy may have on file. The representative said everything looked good and hopefully since it was updated yesterday good news may be on the way. (Fingers crossed) he did say the embassies tend to take longer than expected in some cases and countries.. Just have to try to stay positive as hard as that may seem.

But after months of watching the pattern it usually takes 5 weeks almost exactly between each update for us.

Good luck to all and keep us posted!

Timeline

I contacted our local congresswoman last week. Signed a waiver they requested and waiting to hear back on her inquiry. My case status was finally updated yesterday but still showing non immigration admin processing. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but If your in beruit embassy you might be in AP longer then expected.

I actually called NVC non immigrant customer service today. They are able to see what notes the embassy may have on file. The representative said everything looked good and hopefully since it was updated yesterday good news may be on the way. (Fingers crossed) he did say the embassies tend to take longer than expected in some cases and countries.. Just have to try to stay positive as hard as that may seem.

But after months of watching the pattern it usually takes 5 weeks almost exactly between each update for us.

Good luck to all and keep us posted!

our issue was my fiancee is 17, and in Louisiana her father has to be present in court to get married. However, in Maryland we can marry with a written father's consent. So we were going to marry in Maryland (where my family is) then settle in Louisiana. During the interview the consular said we need to check with the lawyers to see if that is allowed and that they will call us. Our status shows AP since. Do you think I will benefit from contacting my representative right now? have them at least explain to the Embassy that as long as the marriage is legal where it took place Louisiana has no problem recognizing it.

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

I have come across a lot of scenarios but this is not one i can give you much insight on. But based on my research, representatives won't really get involved until the initial approval time from USCIS has passed. But trying never hurts. Perhaps you can get a written statement from a lawyer with the laws and send it to the embassy.

Like I said before, it took us five weeks between each review so be patient this embassy is not known for speedy processing. But try to provide them with as much documentation as you can from both states regarding the marriage laws.

our issue was my fiancee is 17, and in Louisiana her father has to be present in court to get married. However, in Maryland we can marry with a written father's consent. So we were going to marry in Maryland (where my family is) then settle in Louisiana. During the interview the consular said we need to check with the lawyers to see if that is allowed and that they will call us. Our status shows AP since. Do you think I will benefit from contacting my representative right now? have them at least explain to the Embassy that as long as the marriage is legal where it took place Louisiana has no problem recognizing it.

Just out of curiosity, when does your fiancé turn 18?

You essentially want to contact your representative after being in AP for 13 days?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I have come across a lot of scenarios but this is not one i can give you much insight on. But based on my research, representatives won't really get involved until the initial approval time from USCIS has passed. But trying never hurts. Perhaps you can get a written statement from a lawyer with the laws and send it to the embassy.

Like I said before, it took us five weeks between each review so be patient this embassy is not known for speedy processing. But try to provide them with as much documentation as you can from both states regarding the marriage laws.

Just out of curiosity, when does your fiancé turn 18?

I emailed the embassy a copy of the legislation that says its legal, except i get an automated response that they are receiving too many emails and if your AP don't expect an answer back.

Not until mid July.

You essentially want to contact your representative after being in AP for 13 days?

Yes. The vibe that I'm getting is that they just toss these cases aside until someone decides to give them a push on their back. What do you suggest?

K1 Visa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.