hovman

Proof of Relationship....

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, I have a quick question for those who have a successful interview for K1.

How much proof is too much, or how much proof is sufficient. We have over 1000 pages of conversations conducted via WhatsApp, Viber and Skype.

Do we have to print thousands of pages and take them with us for the interview...? or can we just take several pages per month...?

Thank you!

Edited by hovman

1000 pages is too much.

For my then fiancee 3 pics us together was sufficient, the packet itself already included proof of us meeting in person. Depending on how they see your relationship some embassies/counsulate require more. A lot of times they have already made their decision before the interview takes place.

Edited by Jose&Eli

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

we have a lot of pages of conversation on viber too. In fact it's said in this forum , more proves is never enough. We made 4 books of our viber conversation and mail in package 3. Althougt we sent even proves of meeting in person . In two years my fiancé has visit me 5 times .

I recoment you better to print them, but even some pages in each month is okey , it depend on the situation and on the embassy

Good luck to you

Filed: Timeline

Thank you M&A2.

Any other point of view...?

No red flags or anything exculpatory or negative, but it is just illogical to submit everything, over 1000 pages, they will not have time to review all them. we do not submit package 3 in advance in our embassy.

I also have visited 4 times, we have over 30 new pictures to submit. I have some cards, few phone calls, a lots of Skype logs and viber, whtasapp chats, etc...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Be sure the photos to be in different days, different time of her days, different people, family, co workers, different clothes, usually, unusually wearing , all these to show them that you are comfortable with each other.

And.... Read a lot, here or in other pages, listen even in you tube how to prepare the folder

We sent a lot of picture , maybe more than 200

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

and photos with the family

i had 25 of first visit

25 of marriage

25 of honeymoon

25 of each of the other 2 visits

page in passport showing stamp for visit to Egypt

a few pages of differnent months to show you talk / not necessary for the whole conversation

any cards you have sent by 123greetings / can print them out

Where is your fiance coming from? Unfortunately, some embassies need a lot more proof than others, if your fiance is coming from an area known for fraudulence, or high-risk areas. 1000 pages is not needed for anyone, but depending on the location, you may need more than a couple pages of proof.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I agree as well, depends on your situation & what country your embassy is in. When I originally sent my petition, I took 4 pages from each month just to show consistency in our relationship. And I didn't print the entire conversation.

I also picked some from various times of the day.

For the interview, I am doing kinda the same but a little more, I rather have the info vs not having enough evidence.

I took 2- 3 pages of conversation per week to show we are in contact most of the time, literally!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Your proofs should show continuous ongoing relationship, so, I would say - 1 sheet of something (page from your chats, photograph, bill for the trip) per one week will be quite sufficient.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Georgia

Marriage: 2015-01-11

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-10 - sent from abroad, auto-expedite

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-07-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-08-13 (30 days)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received by NVC: 2015-09-02 (in 20 days after the approval) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

Case # assigned: 2015-09-10 (in 8 days after the case was received) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

DS-261 filled: 2015-09-14

AoS fee paid: 2015-09-15

DS-261 reviewed over the phone:2015-09-17

Agent registration email: 2015-09-18

IV fee available: 2015-09-18

IV fee paid: 2015-09-22

IV fee showed paid: 2015-09-23 right before the end of the working day at NVC - at almost midnight EST.

AoS and IV package received: 2015-09-23

DS-260 filled out 2015-09-24

Scan date: 2015-09-24

Now let's get some patience for 3 weeks and hope CC will come without any delays :luv:

Case complete: 2015-10-21 (27 days)

Interview date issued: 2015-10-23

Received by the embassy: 2015-11-12

Interview date: 2015-12-02 (Request to reschedule for the earlier time denied.)

Approved!!!

Visa issued: 2015-12-07

Visa in hand: 2015-12-07

US entry: 2015-12-11

Social Security card arrived only after the visit to SS office, on 01/20

Green Card arrived: 2016-01-27

From NOA-1 to the interview - 141 days (4 months and 18 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.