MikePearl

Nvc no case number its been 41days is it normal!?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi k1 here anyone of u experienced waiting for case number more than 40days? Been worrying.. Is it normal? i wanna know if anyone here so i would feel better.. ?

????????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to NVC Forum~

~Inquiry about NVC status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Yes! :(

I called the NVC many times because I thought this was important.

Really, youre going to need to call to get this information, and call often until you get through.

You will be able to hear 2 messages that sound nearly identical, but you can tell in the first few seconds which you have. I used GChat because it wasnt always possible to hoold a phone for 30 mins.

In our case here:

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-17 NVC Received : 2015-07-16 Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-07-16 NVC Left : 2015-07-16

I rec'd no notification after I got the NOA2. NVC never emailed or notified that the 129 was headed to Chile. I called the NVC and finally reached at the middle of August, with nearly 60 days with no news. The woman was kinda cold, but when she gave me the number and date mailed, I let her know she made my month :)

***Call NVC, and Get the case number, and get the date Mailed to the other country***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

To clarify, as we've gotten this far, the NVC case number has not yet seemed to be needed for the interview. The next notice is going to your fiance.

Timeline

Thank you for sharing weve been calling them too everyday now but they still havent receive our case. Makes us worry cuz most of the k1 got the case number like 10-22days after.

????????

Our I-130 was approved on April 29th. The NVC case number was assigned Aug 18th.

110 days.

We went to an info pass on Aug 6th, and were told that USCIS sent the approved petition on 7/31. That means that it took CIS 3 months to send the case to NVC. Idiots.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

Our NOA2 got approved on the 19th of August, my fiance called on the 25th and they hadn't recieved it, then again on the 28th and they advised we needed to wait 35 days from recieving your NOA2 in the post and if we haven't heard anything by then contact them again :(
So I'm not sure what to do either, shall we keep trying to call.
Whenwe do call it generally takes a few times to get through and the evening seems to work better.

Timeline

Hi,

Our NOA2 got approved on the 19th of August, my fiance called on the 25th and they hadn't recieved it, then again on the 28th and they advised we needed to wait 35 days from recieving your NOA2 in the post and if we haven't heard anything by then contact them again :(

So I'm not sure what to do either, shall we keep trying to call.

Whenwe do call it generally takes a few times to get through and the evening seems to work better.

Before after 2weeks of our approval i keep calling they keep sayng call after 35days.. Now its more than 35days, they told us again to call after 45days from approval cuz they havent received any yet from uscis.. Urs is still fine maybe u could have it this week.. Some got like 14-25days.. I dont know why us took soo long.. :(

????????

Before after 2weeks of our approval i keep calling they keep sayng call after 35days.. Now its more than 35days, they told us again to call after 45days from approval cuz they havent received any yet from uscis.. Urs is still fine maybe u could have it this week.. Some got like 14-25days.. I dont know why us took soo long.. :(

Just keep calling. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. If the first person cannot help you, and you are beyond the 35 days, then ask to speak with a supervisor.

Make sure you get the case number, and... the invoice ID, and the beneficiary ID when you finally get them with the info.

Australia is on the other side of the world also, so things take a bit longer in transit. It is also way too far away from your loved one when you are waiting, so I know how painful and helpless you feel. Just get mad, but stay calm, yet do not take no for an answer. Good Luck!

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

I would keep calling. They are suppose to say 35 days. Most people call and in two weeks they have the case number. It is my understanding at least for Cuba you cannot schedule the interview or medical without the case number.

Mike pearl - Is there some other way to get the case number or put in a ticket if the case is not assigned in 35 days? Because on the NOA2 it states that it is only good for 3-4 months. I know people get congress men for the first NOA but I've never heard of them getting involved after the 2nd. I don't know what type of visa you are applying for is it the K1? If it is the CR1 that could be why- because I think NVC processes some papers vs the K1 they just send to the other country. I could be wrong though

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.