anonymous88

NVC Expedite Review

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'll have to search what Packet 4 is -- that applies for a spousal visa too?

Do I have to request an expedite at the consulate level too?

Packet 4 is appointment letter,medical exam forms,and interview checklist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No fiance , are you sure because I read online :/ , I am still not sure what nvc will request

Your case is totally different. There's nothing you request from NVC as a K1. Once your case# is assigned it is shipped off to embassy you will request everything through embassy yourself.

A CR1/IR1 request through NVC and NVC sends request to embassy.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When you request an expedite at NVC you are talking to the embassy. NVC forwards your request to the embassy because its the embassy that will decide if they will approve your request based on space and the request criteria. Some embassies are more lenient then others.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

What's the next step now then?

When you request an expedite at NVC you are talking to the embassy. NVC forwards your request to the embassy because its the embassy that will decide if they will approve your request based on space and the request criteria. Some embassies are more lenient then others.

Embassy will contact your spouse or fiance with an interview date. Shortly after the call they will email you packet 4.

The embassy will email the Aussie with interview date and next steps. US to AUS consulate in sydney takes 3 weeks to 1 month. Interview date will most likely be 2 months from the date of the email.

Going through this right now, so this is current info. ☺

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy will email the Aussie with interview date and next steps. US to AUS consulate in sydney takes 3 weeks to 1 month. Interview date will most likely be 2 months from the date of the email.

Going through this right now, so this is current info. ☺

Did you request an expedite? We're talking about expedited service. Plus it only took my file one business day to reach the embassy in Jamaica...and two days later my husband received an appointment date and his medical is Friday. So in all MINE took about a week (5 business days) for everything.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how much are the fees during the interview of cr-1 expedite? I skip fees during nvc stage because military deployment and do I still pay for affidavit of support?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still waiting for an interview date?

I filed for expedite on 9/1/2016, it was approved on 9/5/2016 and the paperwork was shipped from NVC in New Hampshire to Australian consulate in Sydney on 9/7/2016. I called the consulate and they acknowledged the expediteapproval and informed me that they would schedule an interview no more that 2 business days from when they receive the petition. We are still waiting to hear from them.

Our petition is for a CR1 Spousal. I am the petitioner, my wife is Australian.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I noticed on this thread some of you have been approved for NVC expedite. I am a IR1/CR1 applicant and waiting for interview at US embassy Canada for 3.5 months.

I have temporary lay off at work in canada which is an issue as the expenses add up big time. Meanwhile, I already have a written offer letter from US company who is willing to wait for my immigration process and offer me a job. I have requested expedite request but not sure if this is one of the reasons they would or have approved the request in the past?

I would hate to loose the job offer in the same city as my spouse just because of this delay. Any thoughts?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, hetakshpatel said:

I have temporary lay off at work in canada which is an issue as the expenses add up big time. Meanwhile, I already have a written offer letter from US company who is willing to wait for my immigration process and offer me a job. I have requested expedite request but not sure if this is one of the reasons they would or have approved the request in the past?

I would hate to loose the job offer in the same city as my spouse just because of this delay. Any thoughts?

You really should start a new thread and not tag this onto an old one.

I believe you usually need to prove some sort of hardship (ie health or financial) that is impacting the US petitioner NOT the beneficiary. I don't think they really care that you might have a job offer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.