CerseiLan

No packet 3 received until now

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It has been 23 days (17 business days) approximately.... and still we have not received our PACKET 3 from UAE embassy. :( I have been emailing the embassy quite a while now, no luck nor any response from them.

Does the packet 3 really takes a while to process? We have called NVC several times and they tell us our case already left since July 24.

My problem is that I have a business trip this coming October for 20 days and I cannot cancel this trip nor I can't not show up on my interview.

If I schedule my interview I've read it'll take 2-3 months that would be delaying all our process. Anyone who can advise me what to do in this dilemma?? :cry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi there,

We're in similar situation. We've heard from NVC that our case was sent to the embassy on July 28 and I believe it was received on the 2nd August. We didn't hear anything back after then.

So, I emailed the embassy end of last week asking for a status of our case and hoping they will respond in the coming few days. Someone suggested they would respond.

I don't think calling would be the better option since they have a contact us page to request regarding your case and/or you can email them.

I hope they let us something anytime soon. Waiting without knowing something sucks.

Good luck to both of us.

Cheers

Timeline

Ours was received July 26... And the status of the ceac.state.gov is READY. But until now, we have not received any interview schedule not any packet 3. I've tried calling the consulate hotline but all they tell you is "wait" they won't even bother asking for your case number. I emailed them two weeks ago and sent another email on their inquiry section (on the site) last week still no luck or any response. Is this normal?

I'm glad we're not the only one experiencing this dilemma. Do let me know an update of yours if you have by any chance! Thanks

Timeline

We just got ours this morning... (finally)

Apparently, they now have a new system on how to schedule your appointment. It seems like you need to register to the new immigration website and schedule your interview by yourself. My question is, can you choose your dates? I tried to set an appointment but all I could see is "September 1" which isn't possible as it's too soon.

I have a business trip coming this september and october so Im planning to get a schedule in November. But how? Should I keep checking the website every week and wait till it comes to a point that the availability is on the month of November?

Just wanted a second opinion.

Yes, you have to register on the website and schedule your appointment.

When I was registering, it showed me September 1 which was the earliest. After I paid the visa fee, it was showing more dates; I don't actually remember how long it will go until, but at least it showed me more future dates to choose from.

If you have this kind of questions, since this is a new process, I suggest emailing the embassy with your question.

Good luck

Timeline

Yes, you have to register on the website and schedule your appointment.

When I was registering, it showed me September 1 which was the earliest. After I paid the visa fee, it was showing more dates; I don't actually remember how long it will go until, but at least it showed me more future dates to choose from.

If you have this kind of questions, since this is a new process, I suggest emailing the embassy with your question.

Good luck

Thank you for this helpful info! :D

I haven't continued the scheduling yet as I was afraid I might not make it on the dates available and would need to pay the fees again. (Well at least now i know that i get to choose more dates).

I want to ask you, did you pay through cc or cash. Is debit (visa/masterc) allowed? Thank you.

Thank you for this helpful info! :D

I haven't continued the scheduling yet as I was afraid I might not make it on the dates available and would need to pay the fees again. (Well at least now i know that i get to choose more dates).

I want to ask you, did you pay through cc or cash. Is debit (visa/masterc) allowed? Thank you.

We paid with credit card. It was not accepting a debit card.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guam
Timeline

Hi,

I hope someone will notice me. We just found out last 3-Sep-15 that our case is "Ready" for interview. How many days does it usually take for nvc to send the petition to the embassy? And how will I know if they have forwarded our case? Do we need to schedule an interview online even if we did no received the packet yet? and how do we schedule the interview in Abu dhabi usem?

Timeline

Hi,

I hope someone will notice me. We just found out last 3-Sep-15 that our case is "Ready" for interview. How many days does it usually take for nvc to send the petition to the embassy? And how will I know if they have forwarded our case? Do we need to schedule an interview online even if we did no received the packet yet? and how do we schedule the interview in Abu dhabi usem?

You need to wait for AUH Embassy to email you the packet 3 which are instructions to set an appointment. Do not set an appoinment without receiving the email yet. :)

Timeline

You need to wait for AUH Embassy to email you the packet 3 which are instructions to set an appointment. Do not set an appoinment without receiving the email yet. :)

Thank you for this info chloroformgirl. Will wait for it :thumbs:

Thank you for this info chloroformgirl. Will wait for it :thumbs:

Timeline

HI again, we received the packet 3 and successfully filled out DS-160 and DS 156, I also have the other requirements with me except for the medical results. After I obtained all requirements what is the next step?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

HI again, we received the packet 3 and successfully filled out DS-160 and DS 156, I also have the other requirements with me except for the medical results. After I obtained all requirements what is the next step?

The next step is for you to schedule your interview date and pay the visa fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.