koja

SOS: i just missed my oath ceremony today, i dont know how to fix it

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look on your envelope that uscis had sent you and look for the postmark date on your envelope. Zerox the envelope and send it back with the oath letter to uscis and once again explain that you received the letter on the same day as your oath was supposed to be. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Look on your envelope that uscis had sent you and look for the postmark date on your envelope. Zerox the envelope and send it back with the oath letter to uscis and once again explain that you received the letter on the same day as your oath was supposed to be. Good luck.

Read the whole thread before you reply

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

i already mail the letter yesterday, but i did not attach the envelop they mailed to me. i thought it is not important.

i think now i just need to wait for their responds. if i do not get it within the next weeks, i will do infopass

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The envelope was not important, don't worry. You know when you received it and you've stated that in your letter to them. You've done exactly the right thing and you have a back-up plan (an infopass appt) in case you don't hear anything in a few weeks.

i already mail the letter yesterday, but i did not attach the envelop they mailed to me. i thought it is not important.

i think now i just need to wait for their responds. if i do not get it within the next weeks, i will do infopass

thanks

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

The envelope was not important, don't worry. You know when you received it and you've stated that in your letter to them. You've done exactly the right thing and you have a back-up plan (an infopass appt) in case you don't hear anything in a few weeks.

Thanks so much. For the infopass apt, do I need to make an apt now or few weeks later. because i am not sure when i will receive the respond. If i receive the respond before the infopass apt, will i am able to cancel the infopass apt.

Thanks so much. For the infopass apt, do I need to make an apt now or few weeks later. because i am not sure when i will receive the respond. If i receive the respond before the infopass apt, will i am able to cancel the infopass apt.

Timeline

Depending on your office, you might want to make the InfoPass appointment now for as far out as you think is needed. For Cincinnati, I had the ability to make an InfoPass only a few days in advance though I think I made it about a week or more out. For busier offices they may not have available times for weeks out. Best to have an appointment and cancel than to need the appointment and not be able to get in for three or more weeks.

Depending on your office, you might want to make the InfoPass appointment now for as far out as you think is needed. For Cincinnati, I had the ability to make an InfoPass only a few days in advance though I think I made it about a week or more out. For busier offices they may not have available times for weeks out. Best to have an appointment and cancel than to need the appointment and not be able to get in for three or more weeks.

thank you so much. i will check the availability for my local office now

Hi, i just went online to make an infopass. However, it says that " At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later". i try to make an apt for case processing appointment and case services follow-up appointment, but none of them work. it only shows that no information apt available for the office in my area. so what should i do now. can i call to make an apt

Edited by koja

Timeline

You only need the infopass apt if you don't receive a new letter with a new ceremony date...right? I'd wait 3-4 weeks until you really need to make that appt. We had to reschedule my daughter's ceremony and she had a new date in about 4 weeks.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

You only need the infopass apt if you don't receive a new letter with a new ceremony date...right? I'd wait 3-4 weeks until you really need to make that appt. We had to reschedule my daughter's ceremony and she had a new date in about 4 weeks.

thanks for responding. so the normally waiting period should be around 4 weeks to receive the reschedule appointment letter.

the uscis update the new information for my case on August 13 and says that the conformation letter was mailed to my house due to my absence. but i havent received any letter from them yet. and i mailed my letter to uscis office on August 13 and i just check my letter statue. It shows that my letter has already been delivered to that place. i feel so weird because my letter is first class mail and only spend around three days on the way while the uscis letter takes forever to deliever to my house, which just like the oath ceremony appointment letter. so weired

Timeline

thanks for responding. so the normally waiting period should be around 4 weeks to receive the reschedule appointment letter.

the uscis update the new information for my case on August 13 and says that the conformation letter was mailed to my house due to my absence. but i havent received any letter from them yet. and i mailed my letter to uscis office on August 13 and i just check my letter statue. It shows that my letter has already been delivered to that place. i feel so weird because my letter is first class mail and only spend around three days on the way while the uscis letter takes forever to deliever to my house, which just like the oath ceremony appointment letter. so weired

Did you change your address without notifying them? What address do they have on file for you? You may need to have this letter emailed to you.

Baby what we have"

Did you change your address without notifying them? What address do they have on file for you? You may need to have this letter emailed to you.

i do not change my address. it is the same address i used during the application.

sometimes, i feel i need to change my address in order to receive my letter faster. i have another mailing address in post office. Should i change to it?

Timeline

i do not change my address. it is the same address i used during the application.

sometimes, i feel i need to change my address in order to receive my letter faster. i have another mailing address in post office. Should i change to it?

Try calling and seeing if they can re-send it to you in the form of an email. Is your house in a confusing area or other street names are very similar? For some reason it's not being delivered properly it seems

Baby what we have"

Try calling and seeing if they can re-send it to you in the form of an email. Is your house in a confusing area or other street names are very similar? For some reason it's not being delivered properly

it is good question. Normally i do not really pay attention because i do not have very important letters mailed to my house. I will check my mailbox everyday, but i do not care to how long will these letters take to mail to my house. Meanwhile, i usually receive my packages if i use this address as a shipping address, So i am not sure if it is the address issue.

Timeline

Well if they mailed something on the 13th and today is only the 19th...I'd just sit tight...its only been 4 or 5 business days

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

• 1 month later...

update:

Hi, everyone, so after around two months waiting, i finally took my oath ceremony on October 14 2015 and i became the US citizen. yeah~~

The entire ceremony took more than 4 hours to complete, which was too long and the room was freezing. But i finally made it to the end. I was very happy and proud of myself. I think there were more than 100 people took their ceremony. The room was fully packed. Everyone was happy when they got the certificat. Good luck everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.