Jump to content

K1 - Couple Questions

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

First of all just wanted to say that this site is such a great resource with so many friendly and knowledgeable individuals. I've been reading and learning a lot.

We are mid-march filers with the TSC and I have a couple of pre-NOA2 questions.

My W2s and 1040s for the last 3 years show I'm well above the poverty line.

1) Do I still need to get any additional information such as bank statements, proof of employment, etc?

My fiancé lives in a rural area which doesn't really have an adress except for the name of the village and its corresponding city. We'd like for the US Embassy in Guatemala to use a relative's address in Guatemala City for mailing purposes. Our lawyer used her current address on I-29F.

2) Should I wait for NOA2 and until the NVC has assigned us a case number to make the address change with them?

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You still Have about 2 to 3 month before you get your NOA2.if there isn't any RFE.if there is then you could certainly request to change the address. But I would say you should wait to get your NOA2 before taking any steps. As far as concerning of taxes you would need 2 year taxes above the poverty along with that bank letter that you have account with them it'll be better if you can get it notarized.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If not using assets, then really no need for a bank letter or bank statements. Just provide your most recent tax return(or more years if you wish) plus proof of current income with letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. Here are the instructions for your consulate >


As for the address, you can probably contact the consulate and let them know the address change once you have your case# from the NVC. You can provide your names and the case number and give them the address where documents can be received. You will also be creating an account at this site, and will enter an address for document delivery > http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gt/gt-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#interview

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ya, on the I-134, you need 2 things:

1. prior year/years tax data and

2. proof of current annual income.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.