DeadPoolX

Going to Canada? Check your past.

124 posts in this topic

I'm not interested in going to a neighboring country where they wring their hands worrying about pepper spray.

Every mailman in the United States carries pepper spray on their belt when delivering mail as a dog attack deterrent.

Americans are not so "petty" as to worry about such things. Just goes to show the real difference in attitudes between

free Americans and good little "subjects of the Queen". Nothing was found by totally emptying the entire contents of

my vehicle right there 50 yards from the ferry boat. And then again emptying the entire contents a second time in

front of all the departing passengers and cars resulted in the same thing NOTHING. "Welcome to Canada - now go back home".

Wah, wah, I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum because baddie immigwation looked in my twuck. Are they supposed to treat you as a citizen of the Roman Empire and wave you through because you're wearing nice clothes? Seriously, people have had harder times in secondary coming into the U.S. I've been waved through at the Windsor crossing with a glance at my passport.

And I doubt it was the Filipina thing; not only does Canada actually allow Filipinos to get work visas to come to Canada, my experience is that even in the rural areas (where C. is from), an interracial marriage (C.'s uncle met a Filipina at a party, they married, beautiful daughter) doesn't raise half the amount of eyebrows it would in my hometown.

I suspect this newish change is just first easier collection of data, and second reciprocity. The U.S. is clamping down, so Canada does the same.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

anyone going to canada, i have something they can take back there. several thousand canadian geese that jumped the border and are living illegally in kansas :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
anyone going to canada, i have something they can take back there. several thousand canadian geese that jumped the border and are living illegally in kansas :D

but do they have credit cards???

maybe, they keep hanging out at the golf course all the time. and that's not cheap.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

but do they have credit cards???

maybe, they keep hanging out at the golf course all the time. and that's not cheap.

fcukin BoA!!!!!!!

I'm not interested in going to a neighboring country where they wring their hands worrying about pepper spray.

Every mailman in the United States carries pepper spray on their belt when delivering mail as a dog attack deterrent.

Americans are not so "petty" as to worry about such things. Just goes to show the real difference in attitudes between

free Americans and good little "subjects of the Queen". Nothing was found by totally emptying the entire contents of

my vehicle right there 50 yards from the ferry boat. And then again emptying the entire contents a second time in

front of all the departing passengers and cars resulted in the same thing NOTHING. "Welcome to Canada - now go back home".

Wah, wah, I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum because baddie immigwation looked in my twuck. Are they supposed to treat you as a citizen of the Roman Empire and wave you through because you're wearing nice clothes? Seriously, people have had harder times in secondary coming into the U.S. I've been waved through at the Windsor crossing with a glance at my passport.

And I doubt it was the Filipina thing; not only does Canada actually allow Filipinos to get work visas to come to Canada, my experience is that even in the rural areas (where C. is from), an interracial marriage (C.'s uncle met a Filipina at a party, they married, beautiful daughter) doesn't raise half the amount of eyebrows it would in my hometown.

I suspect this newish change is just first easier collection of data, and second reciprocity. The U.S. is clamping down, so Canada does the same.

Just so you know, in some states pepper spray counts as a concealed weapon, too. (Pa., for one, I think.) And you can't take pepper spray on airplanes! Oh noes, the melting of our freedoms into little freedom puddles.

Canada's high court just overturned a law that would have permitted secret trials for foreigners. Which means, technically, Canada'a government permits you, an American national more freedoms that the U.S. would extend to a Canadian national.

Lisa & Charles, clearly what we need to do is build a gigantic fence, nay, a net, to keep out this flock of illegals.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just so you know, in some states pepper spray counts as a concealed weapon, too. (Pa., for one, I think.) And you can't take pepper spray on airplanes! Oh noes, the melting of our freedoms into little freedom puddles.

Canada's high court just overturned a law that would have permitted secret trials for foreigners. Which means, technically, Canada'a government permits you, an American national more freedoms that the U.S. would extend to a Canadian national.

Lisa & Charles, clearly what we need to do is build a gigantic fence, nay, a net, to keep out this flock of illegals.

I was also reading that if they find it on you if you are crossing international borders it will be confiscated....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just like to say that I am Canadian (clearly a WHITE Canadian), have NO criminal record, and the last time I went through CDN customs (we went to Portland to see a CHRISTIAN concert), our vehicle was pulled over into secondary and completely searched.

SOMETIMES it's not a conspiracy.. SOMETIMES... it just happens.

WELCOME to international travel. I've been in secondary a few times.. not cause I've done anything wrong, just because the guards at whatever boarder I'm crossing are trying to keep their country safe - not only from criminals, but those who have been on farms or other restricted places etc. They are doing their job.. holy flip give us a break.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes if u bring pepper spray or other type of wpns, without proper documentation, they wil be taken away!! Yes Canada Air force (cdn geese) are a big pain!! Plenty around the DC area!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Yeah, Canada doesn't allow foreigners to bring weapons in our country--- the same ones that our own citizens are not allowed to have.

Go figure.

Edited by jane2005

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I was treated rather stringently at the airport in Halifax on a return trip to the States once. Scared the patootie out of me. But you know what? It didn't stop me from wanting to go back, nor will it. I like the idea that the borders are secure. I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences. Frankly you should be glad they're so stringent. JMHO of course.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Yeah, Canada doesn't allow foreigners to bring weapons in our country--- the same ones that our own citizens are not allowed to have.

Go figure.

That points out that even though Americans and Canadians share the same continent and share a border and look pretty much the same - there are VAST differences in attitudes at the highest levels of government.

English sympathizers - "Torries" fled to Canada because they were against the American Revolution. And don't think for a minute that those very same "sympathies" don't still run deeply in Canadian government. Canada is a British Colony - now they call it part of the "Commonwealth" - LOL.

"Of the people, by the people, and for the people" - Abraham Lincoln - "people" could be substituted with the phrase "common man". Some governments "can't live" with that concept of the power of the "common man" (commoner) - it terrifies them.

Like I said, I can travel freely within the "lower 48" states -- no "check points", no "thorough searches". Canada has absolutely NOTHING to offer that cannot be found in the "lower 48". There is no need for tourism from the U.S. to Canada. Except for Imports and Exports, they could simply build a "Berlin" type WALL between the two and nothing would be the worse. But I will say that the Canadian People (regular folks) that I met while on extensive vacation in 1977 were some of the finest and most hospitable people I have ever met. The PROBLEM is with your government, not the common folk.

Edited by beameup

Filed: Timeline
That points out that even though Americans and Canadians share the same continent and share a border and look pretty much the same - there are VAST differences in attitudes at the highest levels of government.

Go figure what with it being an entirely different country and all....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go figure.

English sympathizers - "Torries" fled to Canada because they were against the American Revolution. And don't think for a minute that those very same "sympathies" don't still run deeply in Canadian government. Canada is a British Colony - now they call it part of the "Commonwealth" - LOL.

"Of the people, by the people, and for the people" - Abraham Lincoln - "people" could be substituted with the phrase "common man". Some governments "can't live" with that concept of the power of the "common man" (commoner) - it terrifies them.

Like I said, I can travel freely within the "lower 48" states -- no "check points", no "thorough searches". Canada has absolutely NOTHING to offer that cannot be found in the "lower 48". There is no need for tourism from the U.S. to Canada. Except for Imports and Exports, they could simply build a "Berlin" type WALL between the two and nothing would be the worse. But I will say that the Canadian People (regular folks) that I met while on extensive vacation in 1977 were some of the finest and most hospitable people I have ever met. The PROBLEM is with your government, not the common folk.

I could list a few, but that would be a moot point with you, methinks.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.