Bhepsalm139

Help. New to this and completely lost.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Okay, backstory... I have known my boyfriend for a while now, we met last summer while I was studying abroad, but we just recently started officially dating (a few months ago). He is from Venezuela and works as a freelance dancer (break dance) in Spain. I met him here a year ago and we both love each other dearly and want to be together. I am from the United States... Southeast. My boyfriend is wanting to move to the United States so that we can be together. He has not met my family, but that is the next step that we want to take. He is currently still living here, but his visa to stay here is expired. Going back to Venezuela is not an option, seeing as his visa has expired, he could be stuck there for several years before being given the opportunity to request a new visa. I would move here, but after working two years I have received a scholarship to get my masters and its an opportunity that I cannot give up... And also because technically he doesn't have the papers to stay here either. We originally intended to apply for a tourist visa for him to travel to SC, but seeing as he does not own property here, does not have family here, nor a concrete job... The likelyhood of the embassy granting him the visa is very low. From all the research we've done, it seems as though the only way he'll be able to come to the United States is through a fiancé visa. I am fine with this, seeing as I am very certain that I want to be with him in the long run.... However, being from the south, traditionally it is best for my family to meet him prior to getting married... We would have 90 days for him to meet my family and get married (or I could just apply to be on TLC's 90 day fiancé right?! ;) )... I'm writing because I want to make sure we know all the options that are plausible before applying for the fiancé visa. Are there other ways that we can get him a visa to come and live with me? The fact that his current visa has expired scares me a good bit and I'm desperate to find answers so that we can begin our future. Please help... And I really truly and sincerely thank anyone in advance for their help and support.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are now in SC?

When does his visa expire?

The process is not fast

You are studying so do you have a co sponsor?

You need to fit the 125% poverty guidelines to bring in a finance

Fiancee is the fastest but not always approved

but give the senior members here the above answers and they will help

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

I'm still in Spain but I leave to go home on th 10th of this month. His visa has already expired... Big problem. My situation is weird I guess, I graduated in 2013 and taught high school for two years, but now I'm going back to school to get my masters degree in interpretation and translation. So I'm not sure if I meet the guidelines or not? My schooling and housing are paid for already and I have money saved up from teaching. How would that work? Also, after my masters I already have a family home (my grandmothers old place) that I'm going to live in and 25% of the house is in my name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is no visa for him to come live with you. He could try for a tourist visa- all you have to loose is the application fee.

Alternatively, if your family needs to meet him first, maybe they'd like a vacation in Spain?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

@penguin_ie I've been trying to convence them to come for years! Unfortunately the only time they could is around Christmas... And not being with their grandbabies (my brothers children) for Christmas is out of the question. ☺️ My boyfriend lives here alone though, so I'll be coming back in December so that he doesn't spend the holidays alone.... No one should have to be alone during that time of year!

And the plot thickens... My boyfriend left for Germany just a few days ago to look for work there with musicals, theaters and publicity opportunities so that he can save up the money for his flight for when we eventually get a visa approved and start our lives together. Well someone stole his book bag last night. No big deal, he just had all of his money, identification and PASSPORT in there.

There is no visa for him to come live with you. He could try for a tourist visa- all you have to loose is the application fee.

Alternatively, if your family needs to meet him first, maybe they'd like a vacation in Spain?

you are now in SC?

When does his visa expire?

The process is not fast

You are studying so do you have a co sponsor?

You need to fit the 125% poverty guidelines to bring in a finance

Fiancee is the fastest but not always approved

but give the senior members here the above answers and they will help

I replied to you both above... Sorry for the inconvience of making so many posts ? I think I understand how this site works now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.