beijingjim

Just received updated 221g (HELP PLEASE!)

13 posts in this topic

I am absolutely sick right now.

I received an updated 221g requesting:

OTHER: CLARIFICATION: domicile: proof of voter registration; proof of one way ticket to the US for PET at the same time as or before the BEN.

Does this mean I can buy a ticket now? How long out? I don't have voter registration. What to do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am absolutely sick right now.

I received an updated 221g requesting:

OTHER: CLARIFICATION: domicile: proof of voter registration; proof of one way ticket to the US for PET at the same time as or before the BEN.

Does this mean I can buy a ticket now? How long out? I don't have voter registration. What to do!

You are living oveseas there? Sounds like they want to see that you will be going back with her, or that you have a domicile already in place. Certainly sounds like it's safe to buy tickets to cover that. I'd seek clarification, never a good idea to buy tickets before you have a visa, what if you bought tickets but don't get the visa in time?

I don't know why they'd ask for voter id card?.....????

Because they want to see that I will be voting. If i choose the wrong party, probably end up in a denial. Either way, I cannot because of issues from the past...

You can register to vote without picking a party. No one cares what [arty you belong to in the USA. The government only needs to knwo what party you are registered with so that they know which primary you get to vote in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can register to vote without picking a party. No one cares what [arty you belong to in the USA. The government only needs to knwo what party you are registered with so that they know which primary you get to vote in.

How does that in anyway affect his wife's visa? I took his response as sarcasm....maybe not though.

Here is what I received. I want to purchase a ticket for August 26th. However they don't tell me when it will be done. They have minimum processing time, but not a maximum. So not sure what I should do.

221g.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What party he registers with (if any- many of my friends register to vote without a party designated) does not matter for the visa.

What matters is that he is registered, because it shows residence in a specific state in the USA, and (theoretically) an interest in the electoral process and in remaining in the USA. Basically, it sounds like the embassy is concerned that the petitioner will not really move back to the USA/not move back permanently, and they want proof that he will, such as the voter registration and plane ticket. If you haven;t sent it yet, stuff such as looking for a job in the USA, moves to buy or rent a home, updating your US drivers license to be current etc may help too.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

No this was emailed to me. They also just sent me an email stating that I don't meet the financial criteria either. even though that was proven to be settled with the copy of my dads passport, I-864a, and tax returns showing a consistent income well over 100k per year. However just like my attorney said, they don't look in the computer. They only look at what is in front of them at the time.

Lastly, my attorney changed the setup, and had my dad do a I-864 as co-sponsor. He is putting all of the documents together. Hopefully the visa will be issued within the next week and before our flights.

Its unreal how when they send the emails, they can acknowledge the fact that my wifes 7 months pregnant and completely disregard the issue. So fed up with this whole process.​​

Immigration is a privilege not a right.

How do you plan on paying for a baby to be born in the USA when you dont live here, don't have insurance, and don't have a job? These are not questions I want an answer to, but just for you to think about since the CO probably did as well. They sound harsh, because they are and it's reality.

Domicile sounds pretty easy for you to prove compared to couples in Canada. Get it done!

Best wishes on the rest if your journey and a safe and happy birth.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

NLR,

You are completely right and I agree. However these people are unable to read, and they refuse to do any due diligence regarding our case.

I've seen people get approved with much less.

I have strong family ties to the United States. Grandparents on both ends of my family retired, Father retired and working making over 100+ K per year signing co-sponsor application, In addition to foreign earned income, I provided managed it services to customers in the United States. I don't make an income here in Thailand and that is why I am trying to get back as well. Managed IT makes me some money, here and there but not to live on. I have over 5 job offer letters from credible and large businesses, signed and notarized. I have a honda that I still make payments on, sitting there in the US. I acquired it right after I returned from abroad, then I went out her to marry her. What idiot would purchase car and keep making payments if his intent was to live outside the US? Anyways none of this was good enough for them. They want more. This domicile thing proves to be a mystery exit for them. Instead of admitting to wrong doing, or failure to do their job as in with all of the visas being delayed. Instead they just simply gave everyone 221(g) saying they forget something. Even those that hired top notch attorneys. There is no excuse for that except "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am truly sorry our system is down and we cannot provide visas. You can still come to the interview, but we will not be able to issue anything until we have fixed this. So dont expect a visa" Instead of everyone getting a 221(g). Anyways, I have hired an attorney, so late in the game, and I have officially accepted a job offer, He has packaged everything together and they sent it to me.

The embassy wanted flights, and proof of them, including the documents the attorney sent. Now they will have them. I am just hoping we can make our August 31 flight and they dont need another 2 months to look at the paperwork.

I am absolutely sick of all this. As well as everyone else is.

Thank you everyone for your kind input on my case here, i truly appreciate it.

I hope your stuff is sent though. DOS doesn't care about family ties, just financial and proof of leaving and/or intending to live in the USA. You decided to accept a job and booked a plane ticket which sounds like what they wanted to finish the puzzle off.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.