ammali

Case is locked unable to pay IV fee

13 posts in this topic

I've been calling NVC almost everyday, my case does not have any kind of update on CEAC - They said, it's a website issues, the case is locked and they sent it the IT Dept. to unlock it, this was 3 weeks ago and there is now 2 requests for the IT people to fix it, this is according to what the Rep.'s saying, but I really don't know what going on, I feel I'm the only person who has this issue, because most of all people were able to pay the IV fee and fill out ds-260.

So if there is any one in here who has the same issue please let me know, I've not been able to pay since June 24 when IV fee been invoiced, and my case has no update on it not even indicated that I paid for AOS - check screenshot, this is what I have been getting since June 10th.

I don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

post-139039-0-07159200-1438041599_thumb.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You have the option to mail in the fee

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

You have the option to mail in the fee

Mailing the fees will take more than 6 weeks to be posted on my case on-line , and until then it shows as PAID, the DS-260 will be available to fill out, guess how long do I need to wait even more"? I have seen most of the people who mailed their payment awfully got delayed, even the NVC web site said: Pay by mail: If you are unable to pay your fees online, there is an alternate pay-by-mail method, but it can delay the processing of your case.

This is the reason why I don't want to mail it, not to get delayed, but again I'm already getting delayed! my fear is if they have done something to my case that they screwed it up totally. that my fear, I hope not. but lets hope soon I will have good news and be able to pay to proceed with my case.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ammali.

I guess I'm in the same position (and we're not the only ones..)

If I understand correctly you have already paid the fees.

My attorney paid the fees for me, my wife and my son in June.

I've received on June 25, 2015 confirmation and invoice from NVC, asking to colloct documents, and fill DS260.

Every day since then, i'm trying to acces the website, but it does not acknowlede the fees i've paid, and it does not let me procede with anything else.

My attorney and I have tried sending several mails, with no success. Every time i call there is always a recorded message (The operators are busy).

I presume that the problem lies in the fact that the payment has not correctly made through the DS260 database, so the site is stuck.

Since I've gathered all the documents (except the receipt of the DS260) my attorney decided to proceed sending what we have to them, hoping to trigger and activity when they'll see the missing DS260.

let's keep us posted...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have seen cases of people who pay by mail, and do not seem to have any delay as a result. And I have seen cases where it does delay their case; however, in that case, when the option to pay online has become available a few people have paid the fee again. It is possible to request a refund for duplicate payments. In the end the choice is up to you. You can wait for it to become available online or you can go ahead and mail it. It is a bit of a gamble either way as to what will get you moving forward again.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Ammali.

I guess I'm in the same position (and we're not the only ones..)

If I understand correctly you have already paid the fees.

My attorney paid the fees for me, my wife and my son in June.

I've received on June 25, 2015 confirmation and invoice from NVC, asking to colloct documents, and fill DS260.

Every day since then, i'm trying to acces the website, but it does not acknowlede the fees i've paid, and it does not let me procede with anything else.

My attorney and I have tried sending several mails, with no success. Every time i call there is always a recorded message (The operators are busy).

I presume that the problem lies in the fact that the payment has not correctly made through the DS260 database, so the site is stuck.

Since I've gathered all the documents (except the receipt of the DS260) my attorney decided to proceed sending what we have to them, hoping to trigger and activity when they'll see the missing DS260.

let's keep us posted...

No, I still have not paid the IV fee yet, I'm waiting to pay it on-line, my case is totally locked as I explained. I have sent the AOS supporting documents and all of my IV civil documents on June 5 - They sent the IV invoice email on June 24 - Then they have reviewed all my documents and sent me email on a checklist for not paying the IV fee on July 10 - since June 10 till now every time I check my case on CEAC, I get nothing! no update or anything, I'm glad my case number actually shown up, that's about it.

Lets hope things will work out for us eventually, and yes, lets keep each others informed, there seems to be few of us with same issue, but not much.

Thank you.

I have seen cases of people who pay by mail, and do not seem to have any delay as a result. And I have seen cases where it does delay their case; however, in that case, when the option to pay online has become available a few people have paid the fee again. It is possible to request a refund for duplicate payments. In the end the choice is up to you. You can wait for it to become available online or you can go ahead and mail it. It is a bit of a gamble either way as to what will get you moving forward again.

Thank you Kastrs for your opinion and suggestion, my case has already been delayed, I just hope they did not screwed it up - but I will give one last chance this week, if the IV fee does not show as available on-line, I will mail the payment.

Thank you

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

No, I still have not paid the IV fee yet, I'm waiting to pay it on-line, my case is totally locked as I explained. I have sent the AOS supporting documents and all of my IV civil documents on June 5 - They sent the IV invoice email on June 24 - Then they have reviewed all my documents and sent me email on a checklist for not paying the IV fee on July 10 - since June 10 till now every time I check my case on CEAC, I get nothing! no update or anything, I'm glad my case number actually shown up, that's about it.

Lets hope things will work out for us eventually, and yes, lets keep each others informed, there seems to be few of us with same issue, but not much.

Thank you.

I've tried calling the customer service representative of the NVC by phone.

I dialed at 7am opening time, and went trough (if it's not possible to call exactly at the opening, then call using Skype, they'll put you on hold, even if it's for 30 minutes, it's not going to cost much. if you call from a foreign landline, instead, they simply hang up after the message).

The operator recognized that there is an error in my case, but could not resolve it, forwarding to a Supervisor. They hope to be able to fix it quicker, but the maximum wait time I was told is 42 days... (!! :-( )

ciao

I've tried calling the customer service representative of the NVC by phone.

I dialed at 7am opening time, and went trough (if it's not possible to call exactly at the opening, then call using Skype, they'll put you on hold, even if it's for 30 minutes, it's not going to cost much. if you call from a foreign landline, instead, they simply hang up after the message).

The operator recognized that there is an error in my case, but could not resolve it, forwarding to a Supervisor. They hope to be able to fix it quicker, but the maximum wait time I was told is 42 days... (!! :-( )

ciao

I hope they will fix it for you quicker than 42 days. I will let you know if I get any updates on my case. seems it's only us having the same issue.

ciao

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mailing the fees will take more than 6 weeks to be posted on my case on-line , and until then it shows as PAID, the DS-260 will be available to fill out, guess how long do I need to wait even more"? I have seen most of the people who mailed their payment awfully got delayed, even the NVC web site said: Pay by mail: If you are unable to pay your fees online, there is an alternate pay-by-mail method, but it can delay the processing of your case.

This is the reason why I don't want to mail it, not to get delayed, but again I'm already getting delayed! my fear is if they have done something to my case that they screwed it up totally. that my fear, I hope not. but lets hope soon I will have good news and be able to pay to proceed with my case.

thats totally not true , if you mail it then the standard is 21 days to be processed

mine it tooks less than a week to show as paid in the website . check my signature for more details

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

thats totally not true , if you mail it then the standard is 21 days to be processed

mine it tooks less than a week to show as paid in the website . check my signature for more details

I have seen people who mailed their payment got delayed so bad, I even know few of users here in this forum had to pay the IV fee twice! one by mail which took forever to show on CEAC, and when it showed, it did not show as PAID, but for them to pay it at the time! and they did paid it, so their DS-260 was available for them to fill out.

I'm getting this info from here, from this forum, you one of the lucky guys maybe that the payment process were easy for you. and that's very good. but for my case, look at the attached screenshot I have on this post, there is no records of my case at all except my case number on top corner. whats happening to my case, that the question I have been asking the NVC since June 10th and I'm getting the same answer. there is nothing they can do!

My case has already been delayed, so how bad they will screw it anyway? I'm thinking to just mail the payment and be done, if it gonna be worse, oh well, I'm just tired of all of that BS waiting games.

Thanks for the info you have shared with us here. I appreciate it.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have seen people who mailed their payment got delayed so bad, I even know few of users here in this forum had to pay the IV fee twice! one by mail which took forever to show on CEAC, and when it showed, it did not show as PAID, but for them to pay it at the time! and they did paid it, so their DS-260 was available for them to fill out.

I'm getting this info from here, from this forum, you one of the lucky guys maybe that the payment process were easy for you. and that's very good. but for my case, look at the attached screenshot I have on this post, there is no records of my case at all except my case number on top corner. whats happening to my case, that the question I have been asking the NVC since June 10th and I'm getting the same answer. there is nothing they can do!

My case has already been delayed, so how bad they will screw it anyway? I'm thinking to just mail the payment and be done, if it gonna be worse, oh well, I'm just tired of all of that BS waiting games.

Thanks for the info you have shared with us here. I appreciate it.

What did you end up doing? I seem to have fallen into the "lock case" situation too. Already been 9 days since I paid AOS and submitted the DS 261.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

What did you end up doing? I seem to have fallen into the "lock case" situation too. Already been 9 days since I paid AOS and submitted the DS 261.

kamw - I also seem to have a locked case. NVC rep told me this evening that she would add a note to my file ot have it unlocked and that hopefully by Tuesday next week it should be unlocked. What happened in your case?

June 18, 2015: Married

Our CR1 Journey

Spoiler

USCIS

June 30, 2015: Filed I-130 petition

July 1, 2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

July 6, 2015: NOA1 received via email/text - sent to CSC with July 1 date

July 10, 2015: NOA1 received via mail

August 21, 2015: NOA2 received via email

August 27, 2015: NOA2 received via mail

Spoiler

NVC

September 8, 2015: NVC received case (learned by calling)

September 18, 2015: received NVC case # and IIN (Case# assigned on September 17 determined using case #) - can't access CEAC immediately

September 18, 2015: filled out DS261 - choice of agent, still no access to pay fees

September 21, 2015: received email of NVC welcome letter, AOS fee available and paid

September 23, 2015: AOS fee marked as paid, called NVC case locked so not able to review DS261

September 25, 2015: DS261 reviewed (called NVC and had to get supervisor to unlock case)

September 28, 2015: received email of IV invoice, IV fee not available to pay on CEAC website immediately

September 28, 2015: IV fee available and paid

September 30, 2015: IV fee shows paid, mailed AOS and IV packages, DS260 available to complete

October 6, 2015: email received from NVC with scan date of October 1

October 12, 2015: completed DS260

October 28, 2015: case complete - saw third N/A on CEAC and called NVC to confirm

November 4, 2015: received case complete email from NVC dated November 4 - still no interview date

December 2, 2015: interview date scheduled for January 7

December 3, 2015: received interview letter (P4) by email

ROC
November 21, 2017: mailed i751
November 22, 2017: delivered i751
December 4, 2017: check cashed
December 7, 2017: received NOA1 with Nov 24, 2017 date
February 23, 2017: received biometrics letter with February 17 date (NOTE: I called to inquire about not getting a biometrics letter on Feb 6 and this was the duplicate letter sent with a cover letter dated February 19 - original letter received 3 days later on Feb 26)
March 7, 2017: biometrics completed
January 3, 2019: infopass appointment, received i-551 stamp which extended GC to January 2, 2020 (1 year from infopass appointment)
February 5, 2019: received email/text indicating card has been sent for production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.