mrsturner88

AOS HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

14 posts in this topic

Hi all, so I arrived in the USA from England on a K1 visa in April 2014. I married on May 1st 2014 and submitted my AOS package that same month. Went to the designated office and did my finger orints and photo etc. Received my employment authorisation and advance parole in the next couple of months.

Here we are over a year later and no progress on my AOS!!

At rhe end of May i received a request for evidence to show we are still married so i sent our health ins, joint bank account, joint loan details.

Yesterday I recieved another letter saying my case has been continued. They have requested I provide the following evidence:

Proof our relationship is bonafide, so any joint documents showing our union and financial co mingling. (This is what I already sent but they are asking again) plus photos.

A copy of our marriage certificate. (I sent this with my AOS package last year)

Updated Form G-325A, Biographic info, for both me and my husband. (Also submitted with the package and nothing has changed!)

And most upsetting to me:

" The medical vaccination that you submitted was not completed by a civil surgeon oversea. Please submit an updated Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record completed by an authorized civil surgeon. Form I-693 must be submitted in a sealed envelope".

WTH???? My medical was done at Knightsbridge, the only approved place in England and i sent it all off with my AOS. I also have a completed copy of my vaccination record completed and signed by that doc with everything ticked. They were also sent this too.

I dont understand? What do they want? I paid £235 for my medical amd now looking at paying that again here which I can not afford!! I can not speak to anyone who knows my case or who can fix this mistake and I am freaking out! What do I do? This does not seem fair for them to keep askinge for evidence I have submitted and paid for because they are a year oit of their processing times! HELP!

Surely that is not my fault they have taken a year and 3 months instead of 4 months they should have? Where does it end. :-(

You are not the only one facing the same situation. People on this thread have a same situation like yours.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541331-notice-of-potential-interview-waiver-case-part-ii/page-301#entry7740707

I had to submit I-693 because my medical from K-1 visa was already expired. Filed on June 13th 2014, I received RFE for medical May 22nd, 2015, sent back on June 22nd, and approved on June 30th. There is no any other way you can do to avoid it. I paid $395 for medical including all shots and TB test. Better to start calling around which CS is the cheapest in your area.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Thankyou!! It is a relief I am not the only one!! I have booked for next week and I think I have got a good price for $190. Other places were between 300 and 600!! Hopefully i can send this off with the other evidence and by end of August this will be over. Thanks for showing me this link x

Thankyou!! It is a relief I am not the only one!! I have booked for next week and I think I have got a good price for $190. Other places were between 300 and 600!! Hopefully i can send this off with the other evidence and by end of August this will be over. Thanks for showing me this link x

Great, you have a better price compare to the most people in the same boat with you. :)

They usually have time frame for sending this RFE. Some people had to send it in 30 days while some others like me had deadline in 78 days. So better to pay attention in deadline otherwise they won't accept your RFE.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Yes mine is 87 days, i guess because they asked for a few things maybe. X

Good luck and keep us posted. You can also subsribed to the thread as well. We have many people there who are willing to share the experience.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 process to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thank you Girl From Celebes!! :-)

You are welcome, :)

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got something similar, but it was only needing to be transcribed. Basically paid a doctor to take the vaccine record from one country and put it in an envelope for here with his signature. Be careful you may not need a whole new medical examination. If you filed before the year was up you are good, waiting on them shouldn't have counted on the time. They sure are giving you the run around, I didn't have insurance or bank accounts to submit. We submitted a couple photos and marriage license I'm pretty sure that was it. We paid $50 to transcribe the vaccine record, our doctor tried to tell us we needed to do everything but I insisted that wasn't the case and it went through just fine. We filed for AOS less than a month before her exam expired and it took 1 year to approve the AOS.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

You are not alone! I've been going through similar situations. I only got RFE for my vaccination, although i visited that special approved clinic in my country, and had medical exam in the US, they still sent me RFE, which me and my CS pretty much redid just exactly as the first time! I sent my response on July 1. Still waiting for approval. Anxious what's next and when..

You are not alone! I've been going through similar situations. I only got RFE for my vaccination, although i visited that special approved clinic in my country, and had medical exam in the US, they still sent me RFE, which me and my CS pretty much redid just exactly as the first time! I sent my response on July 1. Still waiting for approval. Anxious what's next and when..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.