We Keep Receipts

Police probing death in LA find 1,200 guns, 2 tons ammo

67 posts in this topic

I go through 200-400 rounds per practice without any trouble.. With the ammo shortage that we have seen it is not unthinkable to have this much .If you can afford it.

200-400 rounds with the gun you keep in your shower for those rowdy minorities that don't live in your town?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

do you know of any woman that has 2 tons worth of shoes or purses?

My gringo compatriots agree with me that every Ecuatoriana wife (naturalized yet or not) is genetically required to have at least 57 purses at any given time. Seriously, I can't get the T-B.-mobile fully inside the garage because of what's hanging on hooks and pegs.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

My gringo compatriots agree with me that every Ecuatoriana wife (naturalized yet or not) is genetically required to have at least 57 purses at any given time. Seriously, I can't get the T-B.-mobile fully inside the garage because of what's hanging on hooks and pegs.

They have to have those for their outfits. That makes sense. Accessories man! Those and shoes...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

But our hope of the non-need for those was why we looked extra-CABA-ly for wives in the first place. ("This is obviously visa fraud. How do I send her back?")

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not trying to be judgmental, but do you know of any woman that has 2 tons worth of shoes or purses?

My neighbor behind me. She has turned one of her upstairs bedroom into shoe closet. They appear to be about 7 level high and all name brand designer and mostly heels and then she turned her closet in that bedroom into a purse closet.

She has an abnormal amount of shoes and purses.........

My neighbor behind me. She has turned one of her upstairs bedroom into shoe closet. They appear to be about 7 level high and all name brand designer and mostly heels and then she turned her closet in that bedroom into a purse closet.

No doubt, but 2 tons of shoes? That would be several closets full...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Some people invest in the S&P market, while others choose the S&W market. I believe he was most likely sitting on a small fortune which would only have increased in value if any new restrictive gun laws were passed.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The implication being, that if no new restrictive gun laws were passed he was just sitting on a pile of rusting metal... Since no new laws were passed... ah! You do the math....

Some people invest in the S&P market, while others choose the S&W market. I believe he was most likely sitting on a small fortune which would only have increased in value if any new restrictive gun laws were passed.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

And you've been upstairs? Aren't you married?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-probing-death-in-la-find-1200-guns-2-tons-ammo/ar-AAdgpqe

LOS ANGELES — Police investigating the death of a Los Angeles man uncovered an arsenal inside his home and garage — more than 1,200 guns and about two tons of ammunition, authorities said Monday.

Los Angeles Police Department Cmdr. Andrew Smith called the number of rifles, pistols and shotguns staggering. Many had never been fired and some were still wrapped in boxes, with price tags still attached.

"Our truck couldn't carry it all," Smith told the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/1HFAKVn). "We had to go back and make another trip."

There were no signs of foul play. Police have found no evidence the man, who has not been identified, was involved in criminal activity.

Police made the discovery after the man's decomposing body was found in a car down the street from his home in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood.

Detectives want to find out why he had so many guns and are examining the weapons to determine if they have been linked to any crime.

Thats only about 40K rounds +/- depending on caliber. Not too much at all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The imaginary one... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it's apparent you weren't trying to buy ammo lately. ..22 LR has just recently become more available - other calibers still have shortages

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The implication being, that if no new restrictive gun laws were passed he was just sitting on a pile of rusting metal... Since no new laws were passed... ah! You do the math....

Perhaps, but chances are the guns will hold their value better than nearly all 401K funds.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Timeline

it's apparent you weren't trying to buy ammo lately. ..22 LR has just recently become more available - other calibers still have shortages

Nerf ammo is still widely available so some aren't aware of the shortages!