HUSKERKIEV

1st post former NSC adjudicator now petitioner

286 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was reading, this thread last night, middle of the night, page 5 where in regards to the Congress duties towards us, i thought it surreal, it was a miracle to us, being in the dark with simple questions as to know what's going on with our petion for more than 7 months now in a wait for the NOA2; i compared that page 5 with the email we just received from a Congressman in whom we, of course, put all the faith, that it wasn't at all he did and wrote not the right thing to USCIS to inquire about our petiotion, on the contrary, he seems he jeopardized our chances. Totally. So i thought it was appropriate to say here what this type of help creates of effect on us, it's important, necessary. Now, because of that so precious info, on page 5, we took other steps, and fortunately had infos of what's going on in Vermont. we got transparent, simple feedback, and hopefully more next week.

Million thanks Huskerkiev!!! especially for your generosity, nothing was obliging you to tell us more!...we feel more alive and humans!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

When I was reading, this thread last night, middle of the night, page 5 where in regards to the Congress duties towards us, i thought it surreal, it was a miracle to us, being in the dark with simple questions as to know what's going on with our petion for more than 7 months now in a wait for the NOA2; i compared that page 5 with the email we just received from a Congressman in whom we, of course, put all the faith, that it wasn't at all he did and wrote not the right thing to USCIS to inquire about our petiotion, on the contrary, he seems he jeopardized our chances. Totally. So i thought it was appropriate to say here what this type of help creates of effect on us, it's important, necessary. Now, because of that so precious info, on page 5, we took other steps, and fortunately had infos of what's going on in Vermont. we got transparent, simple feedback, and hopefully more next week.

Million thanks Huskerkiev!!! especially for your generosity, nothing was obliging you to tell us more!...we feel more alive and humans!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

HUSKERKIEV, YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER! I read every one of your posts and learned more that I ever hoped for about the Visa process.

Anyhow, I'm concerned about an RFE because I went pretty light on the proof of relationship. I submitted:

(a) 3 photos of us together as a couple, 1 from each of our 3 in-person meetings. I wrote on the back the date and exact place each photo was taken.

(B) Pintouts of the 3 airline e-tickets from each of our 3 trips. I did not submit hardcopies of the boarding passes, just printouts of the e-ticket email confirmations that the airlines send out.

I did NOT submit copies of our passport stamps, phone records, copies of emails, or anything else.

<Q> Would you have issued an RFE in this case?

Also, concerning proof of relationship....

<Q> Do the processors take into consideration the country the fiance is coming from? I mean, are the processors inclined to let fiances from certain countries slide by with less evidence of relationship, whereas they might be a little more demanding from other countries?

<Q> Might the processors take any other factors (such as length of relationship, age difference, ect.) into consideration regarding proof of relationship and demand more or less evidence as a result?

Thanks a zillion!!!

Personal Journey:

Nov 02, 2006 - Met Catherine in Australia in person for 1st time. Stayed 4 days

Nov 19, 2006 - Catherine visited me in USA for 7 days

Jan 20, 2007 - Catherine visited me in USA for 14 days

Feb 01, 2007 - Engaged!

Apr 12, 2007 - Catherine & I met in London to get married

Apr 13, 2007 - Church wedding at Windsor Castle / Honeymooned for a week in Europe

Apr 20, 2007 - Wedding reception & ring ceremony in USA (I forgot the ring on the wedding day)

Jul 18, 2007 - Catherine went back to Australia to get Visa

Jul 31, 2007 - Visa approved!

Aug 04, 2007 - Catherine arrives in USA

Oct 13, 2007 - Legal wedding date

Form I-129F process:

Feb 15, 2007 - I-129F sent to TSC via Priority Mail

Feb 20, 2007 - Application Received by TSC

Feb 26, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Feb 27, 2007 - NOA-1 issued by CSC

May 19, 2007 - RFE issued by CSC

May 27, 2007 - Response to RFE sent to CSC via Express Mail

May 29, 2007 - Response to RFE received by CSC

Jun 08, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Jun 19, 2007 - NOA-2 approval letter mailed by CSC

Jul 16, 2007 - NVC issues letter confirming receipt from CSC and stating that file will be forwarded to Consulate

Jul 21, 2007 - NVC letter received by me

Jul 23, 2007 - Fiance sends "Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed" to Consulate (with request for quick interview)

Jul 30, 2007 - Packet-3 and Packet-4 received

Jul 30, 2007 - Medical exam results picked up

Jul 31, 2007 - Interview date - APPROVED!

Aug 04, 2007 - Fiance arrives in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Husk -

Here's a question for your friend as you may have left before this law was in effect. I am wondering who handles the IMBRA waiver approvals there? Is it the adjudicator or do they send it to a special department? I have one I-129F approved petition (approved December 2005 with an interview date of June 2006) This petition was revoked before the interview. The petition I'll be sending in next week is for a new beneficiary and my waiver is requested based on the fact that im 11 weeks pregnant. How much supporting evidence will I need? Do you know anything about this process? Does it slow things down much?

You ROCK Husk! Thanks

hey!!!! Congratulations on the baby!! Remember the mother's curse, YOU shall have one JUST like YOU!! :dance:

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Husker when you get back, and everyone reading this,

I have come to realize I may have made a mistake in the i-129 form. I, like many other people in here, do several jobs in life.

When I filled out my forms, I put that I worked at the mortgage company, and of course this is commission so...you know the drill, feast, famine, feast .....the florida market now is in famine.

My "hunny bunny" put self employed for the past x years. But, he did not go into his self employment. To further complicate matters, we are actually self employed, together. We are co managers of a Florida LLC. Neither of us put this down, me, because I put the mortgage company down, I have been with them for 10 years, and he, because he just wrote self employed.

Interestingly enough, the LLC is, while not making us rich, most of both of our only income at this point.

I assume this will come up, and I had asked when I filled out the form, was it important, would USCIS care, and was given the advice...noo it doesnt matter...so I just left it off. But to be fair, I left off other little side work I will do to make a buck or 6.

So, should I have put ALL of my income sources (passive income, consulting jobs, w-2, 1099, and the 2 year old LLC?)

To be fair, we were in business 12-13 months before we met in person, and while we pretty much knew by then, we had not officially made the decision to marry until we did meet.

Ok, hopefully i dont get a negative answer.

bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just found this thread, and enjoyed reading HuskerKiev's posts. Did he dissapear?

George

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
According to his profile, he was 'last active' on the board earlier today.

Yeah, I just saw that. HuskerKiev was putting in a lot of time answering questions for a few weeks, then he quit posting. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

George :unsure:

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:(

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I could certainly understand how he could become overwhelmed with all the questions that he addressed ..

he has surely enlightened the path along my journey .. thanks huskerkiev

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't blame him. He was asked a TON of questions daily left and right. I would get fed up with it quickly too! :D

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It reminded me when a store gives something away for free. It gets taken advantage of and the privilege is abused and not really appreciated.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Careful everyone, she may be a spy!! :D

I'm a guy and the DHS has more important things to do than hang out in websites like this . Besides that the databases we used could glean more information about you than you could/would ever divoulge on VJ! Sorry, I'm not a spy.

I hope your comment was tongue in cheek :)

D.

Just curious, I was never quite clear ont his, does the USCIS do a background check before it goes to the visa center, and then once at the visa center it does another one???? How many background checks are done in all??

Filed: Timeline
It's interesting to hear about the congressional pull because my now mother in law went to her congressmans office and asked for them to enquire about my case and if you look at my time line, it went really fast after my NOA2

Is that why?

It's a fair bet that it was, but then again you already were approved (NOA2). So, it could or could not have had an impact. If nothing else, it brought your file to the top of the pile for whatever outcome. :)

I remember when our app was going through I did eventually ask my congressman to inquire about the file. This was because we were doing a DCF since we both (still) live in the UK, I couldn't get answers to my questions from the US Embassy, and the service centers in the US weren't handling our case. So I felt like this was the only option available to us. Maybe if the embassies had better service I wouldn't have had to do it. I have no complaints with the speed with which our app was handled, though; it took 14 months because of US, not because of the USCIS. We COULD have gathered all the documentation together ahead of time. We just...didn't. :innocent:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, with ur background as a former adjudicator i hope u can tell me an honest answer.my fiance refused to have a co sponsor. his on ssi earning 15,000$ annually which is below the 125% of the poverty guidelines for 2007.he has a part time job as an independent contractor that earns 7000$ annually.to some both of his annual income it is around 22,000$ which just pass the poverty guidelines. he doesnt have an income tax since 2005 .will this be a basis to deny me of a fiancee visa cos he doesnt have income tax return. he got a 1099 form for his part time, do u think they will honor this? pls help . ill have my interview by the 27th of april.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
...bump...please PIN THIS!

HUSKER I think you are getting more than you bargained for! But those of us who have chewed our nails to the bone waiting are glad you are here to shed some light.

Now, my question :) Since Texas and Nebraska are no longer servicing I-129F's, it all seems to be going to California, with CSC now handling 3/4 of the work load and taking 2.5 monts minimum. Yet, Vermont has them cranked out in a few days sometimes. Why did TSC and NSC quit processing those apps, and why on Earth did they shovel all the work disproportionately to CSC?

Thanks for your insight.

Not a problem, I'm happy to share what Iknow.

As for your question - I don't have an answer for that. I would imagine some pinhead in Washington did that.

Then again you could always file a Congressional because those get pulled and worked right away. But you didn't hear that from me :whistle:

(usually)...

Hi Huskerkiev,

Welcome and I hope you are not yet regretting your decision to offer information :wacko:

Thanks so much for your help.

I wanted to ask you, in your opinion does it make any difference to RFEs, processing times etc if an application is submitted using an immigration lawyer/service?

Cheers

JD

:luv:

Edited by Uzume

Met Online: June 2005

First met in person: November 2005

2nd Meeting: March 2006

Decided to marry: May 2006

3rd Meeting: June 2006

4th Meeting: December 2006

Filed for K1: Jan 2007

NOA1: 5th Feb 2007

NOA2: 1st May 2007

Left NVC 15th May 2007

Packet 3 rec: 26th May 2007

Packet 3 posted: 29th May 2007

Medical: 14th June 2007

Packet 4: 23rd June 2007

Interview Date: 31st August 2007

Wedding: 11th Nov 2007 (woo-hoo)

AOS (&I-765) sent: Feb 29th 08

RFE: March 08

AOS Transferred to CSC: April 08

Pendinnngggg...........

AOS APPROVED: May 22nd 08 - card production ordered! Hoorah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.