Shekinah013

"Please call back later" msg when calling NVC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time I try to call NVC, I don't even get an option to hold. I get a message saying to call back later. Do you just keep trying?

Received NOA2 on 6/9/15 & nothing since then. Have tried to email the NVC to request case number (and just to see if the application made it safely from USCIS to them!), no luck. Would really like to get through to them on the phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You can certainly keep trying. When I called on Tuesday it took longer than usual to get through (meaning start waiting in line). Finally on the 40th try I was able to be put on hold. Prior to that it would take 10-20 tries or less

We have exactly the same problem. Just posted something about that too.

We just sent a second email and are hoping to hear back from them. I don't know what's going on...

Edited by JasVW19

Service Center: California Service Center

Transferred? No

I-751 Filed: 2018-06-06

I-751 NOA: 2018-06-29

Biometrics: Waived

Interview: 2019-XX-XX 

Approval: 2019-XX-XX

Card Received: 2019-XX-XX

Marriage : 2015-10-07 (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

We have exactly the same problem. Just posted something about that too.

We just sent a second email and are hoping to hear back from them. I don't know what's going on...

I tried e-mailing the NVC (1.5 weeks ago), but still never got a response. I ended up just calling a couple of days after I sent the e-mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Every time I try to call NVC, I don't even get an option to hold. I get a message saying to call back later. Do you just keep trying?

Received NOA2 on 6/9/15 & nothing since then. Have tried to email the NVC to request case number (and just to see if the application made it safely from USCIS to them!), no luck. Would really like to get through to them on the phone.

Just keep trying. I just got off the phone with them and I just kept hanging up and hit redial over and over. The messages have changed but you will know when you get through it will be a different message from call back later. Good Luck!

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

redial is the only way from my experience. When he gets to the part of "due to the recent call volume" just hang up and redial right away

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you don't hear get a ringing sound, then you didn't get thru. As soon as the guy says anything, I just hit hangup and redial. I've always gotten thru within a 1/2 hour at least to being able to be on hold. I've waited on hold for 50 minutes or so after the 1/2 hour of attempting to dial though. it takes a lot of patience just like everything else in this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It worked!!! Thank you so much for all the helpful advice. I finally got through today (after trying late night hours last night and getting nowhere; go figure)! And the best part is that our case has already gone to Vancouver!!!!!! I was so excited and stunned and relieved that I forgot to ask WHEN it was received by NVC, when it went to Vancouver, etc. Josh is on the phone right now, trying to reach them before they stop taking calls today at 12:30 their time. Hoping to give them an email addy and get the checklist sent as an email, so he can turn it right back around and get the go-ahead to schedule his interview. :dance: SO HAPPY!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It worked!!! Thank you so much for all the helpful advice. I finally got through today (after trying late night hours last night and getting nowhere; go figure)! And the best part is that our case has already gone to Vancouver!!!!!! I was so excited and stunned and relieved that I forgot to ask WHEN it was received by NVC, when it went to Vancouver, etc. Josh is on the phone right now, trying to reach them before they stop taking calls today at 12:30 their time. Hoping to give them an email addy and get the checklist sent as an email, so he can turn it right back around and get the go-ahead to schedule his interview. :dance: SO HAPPY!!!!

Congrats!

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.