stellabasset

Montreal Consulate wait times

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just joined in as wait times are so frustrating @@@

Was the Montreal consulate always notorious of being so slow?

I'm Interested to know if anyone ever received their passport before the end of the 8 week processing time?
we are in the same boat, got tangled with the glitch downfall and sent additional documents on June 18th which set us back to another 8 weeks of wait.
Been with a Ready Status since June 28th, after the system resurrected.

Embassy requested us to not bother them with questions no more and just wait. so we are waiting, my self, wife and our 3yo daughter, crashing in a friends apartment. aint easy.

interview was in October

passport sent in April (missing pages.)

New passport sent May 15th and arrived on May 29th

Status changed to Ready on June 28th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview on June 26th, my case was put into AP as I did not have my husbands original divorce decree at the interview. According to Loomis, this document was delivered to the Montreal consulate on July 03rd. I know it's still early, but I have not seen the status on my case change as of yet.

I will keep you posted as to how long things take for me. I plan on sending the consulate an email on July 17th if I haven't seen any update by then.

First Met: August 18/07

Married: August 24/14

I-130 Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox: August 27/14

NOA1: August 29/14 from TSC

NOA2: February 04/15 from TSC

Petition Mailed to NVC: February 11/15

NVC Case Number Assigned: February 27/15

Instructions received from NVC: March 12//15

AOS Fee Paid: March 12/15

Documents Submitted to NVC: April 09/15

Scan Date: April 09/15

IV Application Fee Paid: April 17/15

Sent IV Application Package: April 20/15

Received Interview Appointment Letter: May 07/15

Interview Date: June 26/16

Result: Administrative Processing :(

Missing Documents Delivered by Loomis: July 03/15

Status Update: July 14/15

Status Update: July 17/15 (consulate officially received my documents, I could be in AP eight weeks from this date)

I Emailed the Montreal Consulate: July 23/15

Status Update: July 23/15 (likely due to the email I sent)

Status Update: August 05/15 Visa Issued!

Entered the US: August 19/15

Permanent Resident Card Received: September 23/15

• 2 weeks later...

They're not always slow but they are always slow if you've had to send them information.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

There have been a couple people I met on VJ that didn't get subjected to the 8 weeks but pretty much everyone else seem to be. My hubby had his interview on 5/5.We supplied the missing document on 5/19..but by their records 5/29.Went from AP to READY on 6/2....last date update in CEAC was 7/8..Today is the 8 week mark for us.. Still READY!!

;-)

Timeline

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted, I do hope status will change to issued for you today or early next week !

seems like K1 visas are faster then IR-1/CR1?

we're still waiting, starting week 6 as we had to submit new canadian police certificates that expired during the glitch, little did we know would have done them weeks before !!!

crossing fingers for everyone !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They were notoriously slow back as far as 8 yrs ago, at least it felt slow to us...

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted, I do hope status will change to issued for you today or early next week !

seems like K1 visas are faster then IR-1/CR1?

we're still waiting, starting week 6 as we had to submit new canadian police certificates that expired during the glitch, little did we know would have done them weeks before !!!

crossing fingers for everyone !

Quick question how long are the Police Certificates valid for... My hubby got his in January.. I have a sick feeling that they are going to say he needs a new one now that they have sat on his paperwork FOREVER!!! Yes my sense is that they move the K1 visa through at a quicker pace,but then they have a whole other process to g through after.

Edited by CandAm

Timeline

The are valid for one year from issue but will have to be valid for crossing the border... Until January there is ample time...

but for everyone else- might ahead go ahead and do that, since it takes for them between 3-10 days to mail it to your home and then you need to deliver to loomis onwards, can take two weeks minimum...

Timeline

The are valid for one year from issue but will have to be valid for crossing the border... Until January there is ample time...

but for everyone else- might ahead go ahead and do that, since it takes for them between 3-10 days to mail it to your home and then you need to deliver to loomis onwards, can take two weeks minimum...

Thank you that's a relief!! and yes if you are close to that expiration mark please get it. One of the people I met on VJ encountered that which added on more time Thankfully she was issued her Visa the day the system was fixed.

Timeline

You mentioned that you required your husband's original divorce decree as well. Is he immigrating with you or is he already a USC?

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2013-08-01 (L)(L)

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-01

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-01

NVC Received : 2014-04-30

Received DS-261 /AOS Bill : 2014-06-05

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-15

Send AOS Package : 2014-06-30

Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-05

Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Send IV Package : 2014-07-20

4 RFE about the 1-864: 2014/08 to 2015/03

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-22

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-08-27

Medical: 2015-08-31 in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon M.

Interview Date : 2015-09-28 :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview Result : Approved :yes::yes::yes:

Passport received from Loomis: 2015-09-30

POE: 2015-10-09

Timeline

There have been a couple people I met on VJ that didn't get subjected to the 8 weeks but pretty much everyone else seem to be. My hubby had his interview on 5/5.We supplied the missing document on 5/19..but by their records 5/29.Went from AP to READY on 6/2....last date update in CEAC was 7/8..Today is the 8 week mark for us.. Still READY!!

;-)

Quick update.. My hubby's status was changed to ISSUED late Wednesday evening 7/29... EXACTLY 2 months to the day they received the requested documents.

Last night his status date was updated and the blurb on CEAC changed to Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_informationto track your courier waybill.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I had to submit additional documents at the Montreal Consulate (Tanzanian police certificate for a brief period of time lived there while I was 16). The documents were received on March 26th. They have been processing since. The officer that interviewed me said it would take them about two days to issue me the CR1 but to this date the consulate just tells me they are still processing. How long should I plan to wait for them to finish reviewing this one last additional document? I am four weeks in. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2015 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.