ckibs

Former last names - how to write in it 10a?!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello, I have a question regarding the I-129F and question 10a where it states the alien fiancée has to write down all former names.

I have no idea how to go about it when writing it. I've been married before so obviously I had his last name - when we got divorced I of course got rid of his last name and in the process I chose to "delete" my maiden last name and use my middle name as my last name instead.

So it's kinda like this:

Christina middle name maiden last name

Christina middle name new last name

Christina middle name

How do I go about it in 10a? Write down "maiden last name, last name when married"?

I'd really appreciate the help :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Correct, list all the different names that you have used. Don't need to label the names, just list them.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Just with a comma between? E.g: Former last names: Jansen, Smith

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, list all the names you have ever legally used, if different from your current name. If you have had more than one last name, then you can separate them with a comma, or write 'SEE ATTACHMENT' and include a supplement sheet to list them.

~ Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to K-1 Process ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Okay, thank you so much!! I don't want to screw anything up lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, nothing special. Just follow the instructions of folks that have done it before.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.