816 posts in this topic

Hi there, I received the text/email on the 23rd around 6pm, and the hardcopy the following Monday; the Notice Date on that was also July 23.

I'm wondering what our notice date will be for the NOA2, since I got the email this morning, but it says that it was approved Aug 6.

Our receipt number's last 4 starts with 3xxx... but this VJ guide says that the last 4 of the receipt numbers starts over each day, so I'm not sure how helpful this whole receipt number tracking business is ;)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/uscis-receipt-number

For fun I plugged in a few different numbers similar to mine this morning (just changing the last 4) and it came up with all kinds of different petition types (EADs, APs, AOSes, but no I-129Fs), all showing "received" around the 20th-21st of July. So who knows how it all works! All we can really do is sit back and wait it out, or if you're like me, check your own case number obsessively :)

OK people! We just got email notification of our NOA2! Approved August 6.

I-129F was mailed 7/18, received 7/21, NOA1 was 7/23.

WAAAAY faster than we expected :D

For the record, we had not been dating more than 2 years; we met in September of 2014.

Now off to the NVC! Best wishes to everyone still waiting.

Congrats! I hope ours goes this fast. My fiance is from canada and also going to Montreal embassy. We mailed ours 7/28 and just waiting for NOA1 hardcopy right now. :)

Edited by ambere

Our sweet baby Due 2/7/16 :) ITS A GIRL (L)(L)BABY LILY IS HERE 2/4/16

07/28/15 Sent I-129F

08/3/15 NOA1 approved

08/08/15 NOA1 hard copy

08/12/15 NOA2 approved

08/17/15 NOA2 Hard copy

09/11/15 Case # from NVC

09/15/15 Case sent to Embassy

09/24/15 Montreal received case, packet 3 done! Packet 4 rcvd!!

12/07/15 ****INTERVIEW at Montreal !!!!!!**** APPROVED!!!!

12/09/15 VISA ISSUED!!

12/14/15 VISA PICKED UP

12/17/15 FLIGHT TO TEXAS!!

12/21/15 Married (L) (L)

01/04/16 Mailed AOS

01/10/16 Rcvd Email and Text

02/3/16 Biometrics apt date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there, I received the text/email on the 23rd around 6pm, and the hardcopy the following Monday; the Notice Date on that was also July 23.

I'm wondering what our notice date will be for the NOA2, since I got the email this morning, but it says that it was approved Aug 6.

Our receipt number's last 4 starts with 3xxx... but this VJ guide says that the last 4 of the receipt numbers starts over each day, so I'm not sure how helpful this whole receipt number tracking business is ;)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/uscis-receipt-number

For fun I plugged in a few different numbers similar to mine this morning (just changing the last 4) and it came up with all kinds of different petition types (EADs, APs, AOSes, but no I-129Fs), all showing "received" around the 20th-21st of July. So who knows how it all works! All we can really do is sit back and wait it out, or if you're like me, check your own case number obsessively :)

Alright, so hopefully we get ours by Monday or Tuesday (:

I've been checking out case #'s as well and noticed the same. But I guess it's the best I can do is to check random numbers ahead of and after mine. Haha

My email came in on 7/26 and my text on 7/27 and the notice date was on 7/24. Perhaps they wait a few days before sending all the email/text notices. And you happened to be approved on the same day they were sending notices. just a guess since I have no idea how their system works. (:

anywho, good luck on the rest of your processing, hope you get your NVC # and interview quickly. I think after two weeks you can start calling to get your # from the NVC.

:wub:E&L :wub:

Met: October 2010

Courting Started: July 2011

Officially Together: April 8, 2014

Lived Together: October 2014

Engaged: March 22, 2015

Lesli back to USA: June 2015

Wedding Date: November 8, 2015

Baby Girl Due: November 15, 2015 ! :star:

Petition Filed: July 20, 2015

NOA1: July 24, 2015

NOA2: August 11, 2015

May I kindly ask if the two of you have been dating for more than 2 years before your filing for K1 Visa? The reason I ask is that seems like people who only know each other for less than 2 years gets their I-129F processed by different people in a different stack.

says who?

Just called NVC to get my case #. When I called the system said the wait time will be 20 min, but I was put on hold for more than 1.5 hour LOL :)

Anyway the lady who answered my call was very very nice, luckily. She input my receipt no. 3 times as the case no. didn't come up in the systems. She said they didn't receive my case yet and I was asked to call back in a week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I am happy I found this thread!

I sent our paper work off July 11 but it didn't get officially picked up till July 13. I had gotten their to late that day. They received our paperwork on July 15 & we got our NAO1 that is dated July 17! I was surprised to get an email update that that my petition has been approved on August 7! I am anxiously awaiting the paper notification to see what the next step is.

Jana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What do we do once we've received our NOA2's? It's been a little over a week now since we got the electronic copy & 5 days since we got the hard copy.

Edited by Rhiand17

September 26th 2009: Started Dating (L)

June 6th 2015: Engaged :wub:

June 29th: K-1 Petition Filed

July 8th: NOA1

July 30th: NOA2

August 24th: NVC Received Packet

August 28th: NVC Case number and Invoice ID Number Received

September 10th: Case READY

September 21st: Received Chinese Police Certificate

September 22nd: Scheduled Medical

September 25th: Received English Police Certificate

October 1st: Submitted Readiness form

October 2nd: MEDICAL :dead:

October 2nd: CEAC status updated to "ready"

October 7th: Received Korean Police Certificate

October 8th: CEAC status updated to "ready" (received medical results)

October 13th: CEAC status updated

November 9th: Interview / APPROVED

November 12th: Status to AP

November 13th: Status to ISSUED

November 17th: Received email from courier

November 18th: Passport Delivered

November 30th: Flying home :dance::wub::thumbs::dancing:

18 weeks from filing to entering the USA.

AOS TIMELINE:

March 25th, 2016: AOS/AP/EAD Sent off

March 29th, 2016: All forms accepted

April 5th, 2016: NOA1

April 15th, 2016: Biometrics letter received

April 22nd, 2016: Biometrics appointment

May 27th, 2016: EAD Card Produced

May 31st, 2016: AP approved

June 2nd: EAD Card mailed

June 4th: EAD/AP combo card received --- YAY :D

June 30th: GC being produced -- NO interview

July 7th: Card picked up by USPS

July 9th: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

What do we do once we've received our NOA2's? It's been a little over a week now since we got the electronic copy & 5 days since we got the hard copy.

I thought the NAO2 told us what to do next. Then the NVC must be what tells us the next step?

Edited by Knutschen

Jana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Evening everyone!!

We received an email yesterday confirming NOA2. Yay!! Off to the NVC!!

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what the remaining fees will be. I have been looking online and it just leaves me confused. I want to make sure we have enough to cover everything.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Timeline

Evening everyone!!

We received an email yesterday confirming NOA2. Yay!! Off to the NVC!!

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what the remaining fees will be. I have been looking online and it just leaves me confused. I want to make sure we have enough to cover everything.

Good Luck Everyone!!

When did you send and when is the notice date on your NOA1 ? (: Congrats

I think it varies by country but in the Philippines you pay the medical fee which is about 245$. Then the K1 visa fee is $265.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

First post on this site!

Sent I-129F packet on July 6

NOA1 on July 9

NOA2 on August 7

So pumped! My girl and I have been together for over 5 years now and it will be so exciting to finally be able to be with her full time :)

Petition Sent: July 6

NOA1 Approval: July 9

NOA2 Approval: August 7

When did you send and when is the notice date on your NOA1 ? (: Congrats

I think it varies by country but in the Philippines you pay the medical fee which is about 245$. Then the K1 visa fee is $265.

noticed your baby is due in Nov. Just out of curiosity, what happens if your baby is out after visa gets approved? Can you still come with the baby?

Timeline

noticed your baby is due in Nov. Just out of curiosity, what happens if your baby is out after visa gets approved? Can you still come with the baby?

I'm the U.S. Citizen (:

That's a good question though, because I don't think you can list an unborn baby on the K-2. Hypothetically speaking, if I was the beneficiary and he was the petitioner. The baby would still be a US citizen and I would have to report her birth at the US Embassy then she could aquire a passport since one of the parents is a US citizen. It would probably make the process take longer.

Timeline

Mailed 7/30/15

Received 8/3/15

Text/email 8/5/15

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Well congrats to everyone that has gotten their NOA2. Just for giggles even though I have only been waiting for 5 weeks I decided to call and find out why some cases filed after mine are being processed quicker. After the obligatory "normal processing time is 5 months" answer I got I was able to press a bit farther ( I guess it is my sexy voice or something). I was told that people that have been together for 2+ years get sent to a different "stack" as she called it with the more time being together the higher you are in that stack. There are a few officers that do these request and no others and then the rest of us below 2 years time go through normal channels.

I think that putting time on love is borderline criminal but there is and always will be the degenerates that do the human trafficking that will mess up everything for all of us honest people. We can not really hold that against anyone but it sure does suck to see people that files after you get approved before you :P BTW I will sell my new found secrete way to contact to a person every time for ONE MEEEELLLLIIIIIOOOONNN DOOOOLLLLAAARRRS!!! Just kidding, just call the number and press 1 then wait then 2 then wait then 6 then wait then 2 then wait then 4...I have gottten a person every time today, in fact one was surprised that the computer did not "filter me" as she called it :)

good to know, coz me and my fiance have been together since high school.. almost 12 yrs and counting.. (L) i just sent our packet last July 30 (CSC).. so i hope i can hear from them soon.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Timeline

Just want to let you all know that our case has been approved. I just received sms at 21:30 EDT. I hope others here get the same message very very soon.

I actually got a notification from the iPhone app. It only said "Case Updated". I was so worried, wondering if it's RFE. Then a minute later I got the SMS message followed by the email 5 min later.

what's the iphone app called?

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.